Status: Hope you guys enjoy something different from me. I know it has been awhile.

The City of Lights

The Revenge

The City of Lights.

Everyone wanted to go there. To be apart of the festivals... to be part of the wealth and happiness it provided.

Everyone that didn't live there was in the Ruins.

And no one wants to live there.

The people in the Ruins struggled to survive everyday. Danger surrounded them in each corner and their existence depended on luck.

Isabel looked away from the brightly lit city. A long time ago she had made a promise to her family, even though her family was long gone now she was going to do everything in her power to get there. Even if it was the last thing she did.

The only way to the City of Lights was to pass the law officers at the subway station. A subway station that needed a very rare and expensive card key.

It was late and cold the night Isabel told herself she was getting out. She had just outran some older men, they had chased her for almost six blocks. It wasn't the first time time men had threatened to assault her but every time the fear was real.

Being an orphan at such a young age made her street smart. She needed that to survive the hard times Earth had came to face. It had been divided between the rich and the poor.

She had came a long way. Her destination was in Sydney, Australia. She needed to get her ticket and she was set on doing whatever needed to be done to get it.

Her target was Joseph Moore. And her plan was to intercept him as he made his way down the building. She was to enter the building through the air vent, getting to the elevator shaft and then make her way to his office.

From what she had learned Joseph was fast on his feet. She needed to corner him, if he had any way out he would take it and even though she was fast she doubted she would be able to catch him.

* * *

She glanced around carefully. Even though it was after closing hours people and security where still around the building.

She moved quickly and quietly out of the vent towards the elevators. Before she could reach the elevator she stopped suddenly as someone's laughter echoed through the hallway.

She glanced behind her and then sprinted through a door to her left side.

Luckily the room she went into was an empty office. Holding her breath as she closed the door and waited for them to pass, she glanced around and saw that in the corner of the room was her form of entry.

Using all of her upper body strength she pulled herself up the vent and then crawled towards the elevator shaft.

Reaching the elevator, she glanced at her watch 7:30 p.m. She needed to hurry if she was going to corner Joseph.

Doing the best she could to hurry she reached the elevator and made her way out of the vent onto the side of the elevator where she would climb up to his office study.

Finally reaching the last floor she pulled herself to the edge of the elevator door where she used a clamp to help her open it.

* * *

Joseph Moore was in his early fifties. He was a medium height and had a slim figure. Many women often found him handsome and he enjoyed the attention his looks got him.

He was bored. It was late and he realized he couldn't focus on work. Glancing out the window he sighed as he began to think about his wife. She was beautiful and very nice. But every now and then he needed young women. He loved their energy. Their looks. And most importantly, he loved the way they felt when he could control them.

Shaking his head to clear his mind as someone opened the door, he cleared his throat and straightened up. Thinking it was his secretary he grabbed some papers and asked, "What is it Tracy? I thought you had gone-"

He stopped dead short as he realized the person who entered the room wasn't his blonde secretary but a young brunette.

"What are you-"

Isabel glared at the man who held the ticket to freedom, "Give me the train ticket and nothing happens."

For a second Joseph looked confused. As the realization hit, he shook his head and said, "If you get to the City, they will know you don't belong there."

Isabel clenched her jaw, "Who are you to decide who belongs there or not?"

Anger had shot through her body so suddenly she was having a hard time concentrating.

"Just give me the ticket," she seethed her sentence impatiently.

She eyed him carefully. The whole time she realized that he was sizing her up and she had a good idea why.

He didn't have time for this, Joseph lanced at the door and at the girl standing between the two.

He had been sizing her up since she entered. She was taller for a female.. she was young probably late teens, early twenties. She had had brown hair and green eyes.

She wanted his ticket. He had made an oath to protect it with his life.

Running at her, he yelled as he pushed her against the wall and then ran to the stairs on their left.

Isabel grunted as Joseph pushed her against the wall. Losing her breath for a second, she inhaled deeply and then took off after Joseph.

Smiling she ran to the stairs, she opened the doors and still smirking said, "Give me your ticket now."
Joseph was on the floor screaming. A bear trap had been placed at the foot of the door and his whole left leg had been trapped on it.

He shook his head. The pain was excruciating.

Isabel rolled her eyes, "Do you know why I chose you Joseph?"

He held back another yell. Grunting, he began taking deep breaths and asked, "What do you mean?"
Anger flashed into her eyes, "Don't act dumb. No one can forget who they raped multiple times."

Surprise hit his face.

"I see you haven't forgot. Give me the ticket and you can crawl out of here like the animal you are."

He held his breath to calm down his heart rate. Licking his lips he nodded in agreement, "Here." He pulled out an envelope from his jacket. It's platform 7. You need to be there before 11:30. You also need to get pass security."

He almost looked smug.

She smirked, "You think I can't?"

He looked at his leg and the back at her, "I know you can't."

He seethed the words out.

"You never said anything about the woman."

He looked at her and grinned, "There's too many to remember."

Isabel lost control. Without hesitating she pulled out her gun and smacked him against the face with it. Watching him spit out blood she grabbed her bag and pulled out the machine she needed to get his eye and fingerprints for scanning.

"My mother went insane after she had me, while she was in an asylum she committed suicide. Her name was Marie Winters."

Stepping on the trap where his foot was still trapped she placed all her weight in the center and grabbing her machine bent down to his eye level.

"It was nice meeting you papa."

Inserting the little shovel into his eye, she moved her arm upward and scooped out his eye. He screamed out in pain. He began pleading for forgiveness and to let him go. Placing the finger into a small glass container, she then pulled out her knife and cut of his right thumb.

Joseph screamed some more.

Standing up again Isabel pulled out her gun and then pulled the trigger.

Silence.

She gathered her belongings and then glanced at her watch 9:13 P.M. . She needed to hurry if she was going to get on the train. Without looking back she made her way out of the building as quickly and quietly as she had gotten in.