Status: Put On Hold For Now... Sorry

Captain vs Captain

Draft Day

The Washington Capitals have always had a rivalry with The Pittsburgh Penguins for as long as I can remember. My first ever hockey game that I watched was when I was 7 and it was Capitals vs. Penguins. My father was never a fan of the Penguins and I guess its hereditary because I don't like them either. I just don't see why people even like Crosby. I don't like him. I don't like the fact that just because he's the face of the NHL, that he can get away a with a lot of bullshit. Most the girls I know think he's super hot and really attractive and would drop their panties for him. Well I'm not going to be one of those girls.Well I hate to break it to him, but shit just doesn't work that way.

I personally believe that Ovechkin should get more attention. I lik- no LOVE Ovechkin. He's Russian and I'm half Russian and we'd make cute Russian babies and it would be a happily ever after. But I know, that's only in my dreams.

---
*June 25th, 2010 - Los Angeles*
Today was the day of the 2010 NHL draft. I was feeling a range of emotions. Everything to nervousness to excitement. I was nervous because this is the NHL for fucks sake! The NHL has made some of the best hockey players in the game. Like Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky or even Mario Lemieux. I was excited because I knew I had a actual chance of being drafted. I was even told my coach of the London Knights. But no matter how many times I was told I could be drafted, there was always that doubt setting in the back of my mind. I mean, what professional team would want me? A simple, average 19 year old girl. I can already see me being hated enough by other players to the point where I'd quit. My grandpa always told me to never give up and never give in. I know he'd be proud of me right now.

"Mom, I've changed my dress 4 times already!!" I said to my mom.

"I don't care! You beautiful" My mom replied in broken English. My mom was full-blooded Russian. Making me half Russian. She took fashion and dressing me up to far.

"Ma, this is the NHL draft not the Grammys" I said. My mom just rolled her eyes. I can understand to an extent on why she's making change my dresses. She just wants me to look my best for one of the most biggest days of my life. Moments like this is her only chance for her to dress me up like a girly girl because most the time I'm decked out in hockey equipment. She just wanted a cute princess that was into sparkle and glitter and did figure skating. But she got a hockey playing tomboy instead.

"Honey, its about time to leave" My dad said, poking his head in the room. My dad played hockey for the Washington Capitals. I learned everything I knew from him, so I definitely owe him one if I get drafted. Unfortunately due to a bad knee injury, my dad had to retire from hockey. I knew it upset him but I told him that I'd would carry on the Theroux name in hockey no matter what it took."Look at you... My precious little princess. You make me so proud of you. I just know you'll be drafted to a team. Trust me..." My dad said with tears in his eyes. I couldn't bare to see my dad or mom cry because it always made me cry.

"Daddy, please don't cry... If I cry momma will have your rear for messing up my make-up" I said. My dad just chuckled. We soon gathered our stuff up and left for the drafts.

---

We get to the Staples Center and I was immediately greeted by Barry. Barry is my agent/manager. Barry was actually my dads agent/manager when he played hockey. Once Barry found out I was signing up for the draft, he called me up and requested that he be my agent/manager.

"You look beautiful Natalie" Barry said embracing me in a hug. Barry was like a second dad to me.

"Thank you Barry! So what do we have planned for today besides the whole draft?"

"The Draft doesn't start for another 2 hours, so probably some interviews. While me and you are off doing that, Henry and Pauline will be finding us good seats"

"Awesome... just want I want to go and do"

"Well you signed up for the draft."

"I know but I'm not exactly a big fan of people shoving microphones in my face"

"Well you better get used to it because I KNOW you'll be drafted." Barry said leading me to my first interview. I wasn't excited for interviews but was anyone excited? I knew that by signing up for the draft, I was going to have a lot of attention on me. That I was going to be the talk of the NHL. I also knew I was going to have telling me I shouldn't belong in a big boy sport. But I'll tell them what I was always told, size does matter but as long as you can play good, then you shall play.

"Natalie! May I have this interview?" Some blonde woman said. Barry nodded his head as I stepped forward.

"Sure! I got time..."

"First I must say that you look amazing today. Do you hope to be drafted today?"

"Thank you. I sure hope so. I put in a lot of hard work for this moment. So I can hope to be drafted."

"Is their any specific team you'll like to be drafted by?"

"Washington Capitals. My dad played on that team and they was favorite team growing up as a kid"

"I bet that makes your dad happy"

"Yeah, it does! which is why I want to be drafted by the Capitals. I know it'll make my dad happy to carry on the Theroux name."

"How will you handle the fans? A professional team in that matter?"

"For both the fans and a professional team, I'll take it one day at a time."
"Thank you for the interview Natalie"

"Your very welcome!" I said. I took a breath and sighed. That interview dragged on longer than I thought it would. Then Barry allowed me to have five minutes before the next interview. In total, I did about 4 interviews before getting back with my dad and mom. 20 minutes later, The draft started. The commissioner, Gary Bettman, took stage.

"Hello everyone! This year we have a lot of new talent! Let's get started shall we? First pick goes to Edmonton Oliers!"

The Edmonton Oliers picked Taylor Hall. Then after them, The Boston Bruins and they picked Tyler Seguin. It was team after team. Player after player being called. I was getting restless and anxious. By the 15th pick, I was unsure. I was thinking that maybe signing up for the draft wasn't such a good idea. I looked at Barry, who only reassured me by putting his hand on mine. I sat through 10 more names being called before the Washington Capitals took stage. Since this was my favorite team, I sat on the edge of my seat. The Washington Capitals coach, Bruce Boudreau, stood at the podium.

"The Washington Capitals proudly select, Natalie Theroux" Bruce said. I was quite happy with being drafted to the capitals. I stood up hugged my mom and dad. Then I hugged Barry. I made my way over to the stage. On the way there, I had the biggest shit eating grin on my face. I walked over to Bruce who had a capitals jersey with my number of 31 and a hat. I put the jersey over my dress and put on the hat. At that moment, all that hard work and dedication really paid off. I can finally say to all those non-believers "Hey guess what? I got drafted!" I took some pictures and such before being lead into a room with tons of people with cameras and microphones.

"Hello Natalie! How do you feel now being drafted?" The man asked.

"I feel amazing. All that hard work was definitely worth it.." I said smiling big. Nothing good top this moment.

"Did you ever want to just give up and quit?"

"At times, yes. I was just so exhausted from practices and all those times where I stayed after practice just to make sure my skills were perfected down to the tee. But my grandpa always told me to never give up and never give in"

"What do you have to say those already in the NHL that may have doubts?"

"Build a bridge and get over it. I'm here and I'm not leaving. I'm not backing down without a fight...." I said with a smirk.