Status: Put On Hold For Now... Sorry

Captain vs Captain

It's A Date!

My nerves were running high. I was breathing heavy. I was clearly freaking out. I normally ain't like this. I normally calm before games. But this wasn't any other game. This was my very first NHL game. This games could potentially make or break me. I can hear them already. I can hear them saying I can't do it. That I can't play with the big boys. I can and WILL prove them wrong. I'll show them that I CAN play with the big boys. Hell, I knew I could take a punch to the face better than half these so called "tough" players.

"So whatcha going to be for Halloween?" Someone asked me.

"What?"

"I asked what are you going to be for Halloween" Mike asked me from across the locker room. I've been on the team for couple of weeks now and made friends with the guys, especially Mike. Though some guys on the team are still hesitant towards me being on the team. Which Is understandable.
"Its in a couple of weeks you know? And we don't have a game on that day and our next game Isn't until the third of November. It gives us plenty of time to recover from our hangovers"

"I don't know maybe a cute Lady Bug or a Butterfly or maybe a Disney princess" I said "And Mike, I hope you do know that I am 19 and not legal for alcohol."

"But those are lame costumes!" Mike complained. He'd probably be something stupid like a Crayola crayon.

"Mike, I'm still a girl and I like to remind myself of that." I said with a smirk. Mike sighed in defeat. Mike was really something. I was about to say something but coach came in.

"Alright team! First game of the season. I believe we have a good chance at the cup this year. I know that's a bold statement, but I honestly believe it. We've got a new player this year and she knows what she's doing. I need you guys to prote-"

"Coach, I don't need protecting. Its appreciated, but I don't need it. I can handle my own problems on the ice. I will be sure to let the guys know if I need them or not..." I said. I hated when someone says I needed protection. It made me feel like I was weak. I get it that I'm a girl and looks like I can't hold up my own, but I can. I once took down a guy who was about the size of Milan Lucic. I am sure as hell ain't afraid to take down anyone that makes me pissed off.

"Alrighty then. Let's go out for warm ups"

---

During warm-ups, the Thrashers were looking at me like I was meat on a grill. I didn't like it and some of the guys on the team that were on the fence about me, didn't like it either. I don't think the team liked it at all.

"If they say anything inappropriate, Let me know" Oveckin said.

"Look, I can handle the whole sexist bullshit they throw at me. I have before and I will now. But I do appreciate you looking out for me."

"Your my player. I have to look out for my team. Say we don't have a game on the 10th."

"Your point being what exactly?" I asked as I shot a puck at Braden.

"I want to get to know you. I need to know my player." Alex said to me. Was he seriously asking me out on date? During the warm-ups? I mean I would be getting rather closer to the guy that I like. Maybe a "date" won't be bad.

"It's a date! Say 7 o'clock?" I said.

"Perfect... I guess I'll pick you up at 7 on Sunday."

"Awesome" I said as I winked at him.