Status: This story was started on wattpad but ive decided to put it here and revamp it abit.

So Alpha

The move

The thought of leaving Hollywood six months ago would have made me cringe. Now I didn't even look back as I boarded a plane to Elkhorn, Wisconsin. Sure I'd miss my friends but I needed to start over and not be "the girl whose police officer father was killed". Don't get me wrong I was grateful for all the love and tenderness but now I need to begin anew.

Moving to Dads house in Elkhorn felt like a good enough move for me. Glancing at my ticket I scanned the seats. Number 23.

Number 20, 21, 22 found it. Pulling my bag in front of my legs I sat sighing and stretching my sore legs. Opening the flap I reached in my bag for a book before settling in for the long flight. Hopefully this new path of mine would be a good path.

"We are now landing at Elkhorn International Airport"

Blinking I looked around to see everyone moving about gathering their things. My eyes watering as I yawned and started gathering my book-bag and books. The hustle and bustle of this terminal was rather small of course because it being a relatively small town. Shrugging the heavy doors open I immediately was hit with the smell of trees and car fumes, it was nice to smell trees for once. Biting my lip I checked my phone for texts from Dave. Dave is a friend of my dad he offered to help me move in and already had the house furnished. Thank god. I wasn't in the mood to carry furniture, I just wanted to sit down watch TV and prepare for my new High School

Bing

Quickly I slid my phones screensaver up to see who had texted. It was Dave.

From: Dave

Sorry I'm late sweetheart, I'm almost to the airport.

Had a small mess to take care of at the garage.

See ya soon!!

From: Sophie

Its ok I'm just gonna sit down.

Really tired.

Plane landed not that long ago anyway.

Turning my head I looked for a bench to sit on where Dave could see me. I made my way over to a bench out in the open, I watched the other people busying themselves with other things hailing a cab or searching for their rental cars.

Why would they have taxis? I thought of course not everyone in Elkhorn had a ride everywhere. Everyone usually knows everyone and the older folks now the legends around the town. The Beast of Bray Road is one of those legends the quite little town is the best known for. The Beast of Bray road is supposedly a werewolf like beast that is seen a lot on this one stretch of desolate farmland. It's been seen many times since the 1800's on the same stretch of road. Dave told me once a crypto zoologist team came to Elkhorn to investigate the claims and interview recent witnesses. But that was years ago now. The creature had eluded the team he said.

I don't believe in things that go bump in the night. Don't get me wrong I read the hell out of twilight; but on a realistic standpoint I don't see how something like a werewolf could exist and hide from people. Anyway most people I meet think because I'm an artist I believe all the fantasy stuff.

A werewolf would have to bite my butt for me to believe they existed.

Bing

Leaning on my left leg I wrestled my phone out of my pocket seeing that Dave had texted again.

From Dave:

I'm here day dreamer :-p

Snapping my head up I found Dave walking towards me. Dave always reminded me of a teddy bear not because he's fat, he's not. He just has an approachable personality; very funny and always ready for a hug. Today he wore dark washed blue jeans and a plain green shirt obviously for comfort.

I couldn't help the huge grin that came across my face as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He smelled the same like car grease and pine trees; for a minute it made me miss dad. Pulling away to grab my bags I asked "so we headed to the house?"

"Yup. I figured you'd wanna go home. Been a long trip huh?" I sighed dramatically as we moved towards his dodge ram.

"Definitely been a long trip. Don't you have to feed the horses?" I asked curiously; throwing my suitcases in the truck bed. My dad owned the house and a large barn with a lot of acres. He thought it a waste to just let the barn sit so Dave and his wife Mary run a boarding and lessons program.

"Yeah got to feed most of the horses. The ones that are boarded are fed by their owners unless they let me know they can't make it for whatever reason. Mary says hello" he said as we climbed up into the truck.

"Aw tell her I said thanks for all you guys help. I don't think I would have kept my sanity doing everything myself" I joked. "Your welcome. I always told your dad if you guys needed anything just to ask" he full out grinned. In truth I was very great full they were so willing to help me move from Hollywood. Mary got me enrolled in school and Dave helped her get the house ready for me to live in. I have been so lost trying to do a million things at once. Dave looked both ways before pulling into traffic in the direction of town nervousness crept up in my gut as the large sign reading "Welcome to Elkhorn" passed us. Here I'm on my way new life no denying you now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gonna revamp some tomorrow.