Status: On Hiatus

Atlanta 2015

What the hell

The walk to the city was relatively uneventful besides one damn zombie. It was a man around my dad’s age. The city was defiantly a shit hole, cars littered the streets even a couple buildings littered the roads and alleyways. I vaguely remember hearing that the military bombed some city in an attempt to destroy the zombies.
After wondering the streets not finding a damn thing I came across a mini mart. It was defiantly raided before but maybe I could find some useful things like soup or Tylenol. My body was used to riding thunder around so being stubborn my legs started cramping.
I should consider walking more often.
Once inside I started sifting through the debris that littered an isle before moving on the back part of the store.
Nothing
Cursing I lost my balance trying to step over a desk chair flailing I finally caught some leverage against a shelf. Sadly it wasn’t as strong as it looked and with a horribly loud crash knocked over another shelf.
Shit
“That was not something a zombie wouldn’t hear” I thought grabbing my crossbow quickly moving to the back wall and crouching I was prepared to stay for a while just in case.
My heart beat a million miles an hour and for a bit the only thing I could hear was my own breathing, when all the sudden crackling glass alerted me to a presence. Taking aim I listened. It has to be a zombie It movement was so slow, other than that I can’t hear it breathing.

My finger ghosted the trigger when a tall man with brown hair slowly peeked around the corner, he wore a dirty blue flannel jeans and a backpack. He had a bow aimed at me his eyes showed surprise, he must have seen the terrified look I’m sporting because he slowly put his bow down and raised his hands.
“Its ok I’m not gonna hurt you. My group and I saw you headed towards town. We wanted to warn you that the city is overrun.” Tall dark and handsome told me his voice softer than I expected.
Are you sure?” I asked disappointment and frustration flooding my body. “I need freaking food. Fuck.” I cussed before creeping around him to leave. Wanting to leave quickly now that I knew nothing could be found here.

“Hey! Aren’t you gonna say thank you. I risked my life to come here and warn you.” Brown eyes said snatching my arm as I passed him. For a moment I was stunned it had been a long time since I’d been touched by another person who wasn’t trying to eat me. Then I felt shame he did risk a lot to come tell me.
“Yea sorry thanks. My name is Seth. Where did you see me?” maybe he was the cause of thunders behavior earlier. Looking at his face I could tell he was at least twenty, short beard and hair his lips had that pouty look I loved and a slightly upturned nose. Turning away from his fine features I looked up and down the street.
All clear for now.
“We were leaving the city heading through the trees on the highway. My names Luca by the way” a small smile crossing his handsome face.
“Luca, Nice to meet you I hate to be rude but I need to go get my animals and find food and whose we?” Luca huh what a sexy name
“I’m the leader of a small group of survivors, I have food and water in my bag enough for tonight at least until we find them”
Maybe they have seen my dad a bit of hope came over me before I looked back at him.
“Survivors where are they? And who said I was going with you?” survivors hadn’t known there was a lot of people who lived course when you don’t look you don’t find them.
Great he thinks I’m gonna go with him. The thought made me uncomfortable in a sense one because I barely knew him. Two I kind of did want to be near him. In the presence of another human the feeling of absolute loneliness overwhelmed me. Blinking away tears I made my way back to the street Luca followed.

Luca was quite the whole way back to thunder and Zack. Once and awhile I caught Luca opening his mouth but quickly closed it like he wanted to ask me something.
My heart sped up as the school came into view, I raised my crossbow just in case as we turned the corner to the baseball field.
As we got closer to the fence I smiled lightly in relief at the sight of thunder resting next to Zack under a shady tree his massive black body a shocking contrast to Zack’s ninety eight pound wolfish frame.
I whistled to them noting the way their ears turned towards me. Thunder snorted quietly before starting his elegant high step towards us, Zack bounding after him happily.
“Easy thunder. I wish you would back up you goober.” I faked annoyance as I unlocked the gate its rusty hinge screeching when I pushed it open making sure to block an escape for thunder. Placing my hand on his warm chest I pushed lightly queue for him to back up.
“Hey good boy” I whispered lightly rubbing my hands along his face and down his neck. His guffaw in my ear told me was happy to see me.
Zack jumped up on my chest so I kneeled to let him lick me his tongue wildly trying to get every inch of my skin.
“Ok, ok” I laughed rubbing his chest before standing brushing all the hair off my shirt and slobber from my face. A sense of relief came over me, my boys were happy to see me.
“They seem to love you very much, Seth.”
Crap
My cheeks tinged red as I turned towards him, Luca stood leaning on the rail leg arched one boot resting behind his other foot watching me and the boys in our exchange. Damn man why do you have to be so sexy.
“Yea their all I have” I said looking back to my animals then slowly started walking to my tack.
Guess ill just walk thunder with his tack on instead of riding that would be rude, since he has no horse of his own.
I could feel his gaze on me as I bent over to grab my stuff and organize it before turning and stalking back to thunder he had his neck arched over the fence stiffing Luca curiously.

Luca seemed reluctant to touch thunder but when thunder did nothing harmful he started petting his face, his bright smile when thunder nudged him relieved me just a bit. That’s all in need is a person who doesn’t like horses.
Coming to a stop next to them I set about the task of tacking thunder up thankful I had Luca to distract the big monster.
“Hey know big guy my fingers are not for eating” I heard Luca say as I tightened the girth strap. Smirking I leaned into thunders neck so not to be caught laughing at his misfortune.
“What’s their names?” he asked softly looking in my direction.
“the big guys name is Thunder, and his name is Zack” I say tossing the reigns over thunders head.
"We need to get a ways from here and make camp." Luca says after a moment.

"How are we going to do this. you wanna ride with me or walk with Zack." I smirk at his horrified expression. This is gonna be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know 3 years late but I finally got my laptop fixed and got everything off of it.