Status: on hiatus

I'll Protect You From Everything

First Meeting

"So jack asses! Does anyone know what our new tour manager looks like?" I asked my brothers. Brian rolled his eyes at my question before returning to his folder.
Zacky shook his head "no they didn't even tell us who it is yet. Dude. You'll have to wait and see." Zacky knew me to well for that last statement to actually mean anything.
Sitting quietly wasn't my strong suite, a fact known to all my friends and fans.
Sighing dramatically I plopped into an empty chair next to Short Shit.
"Maybe you should read your files. Jackass. Or are you gonna wing it during tour?" Matt smirked looking up at me from head of the table,a knowing look in his eyes. Brian snorted mumbling " Winging it for sure"
Pulling a mock hurt face "you know me so well! Haner" I said in a childish tone. " Hopefully they get here soon" I thought biting my lip skimming through the pages. I had only read two pages when the doors creaked alerting us to a presence.
Excitement crept through me as I looked up. "hi I'm the new tour manager" a young woman stood shyly brushed a long strand of hair behind her ear.
"oh um Hi" Matt smiled offering her his hand. " I'm Matt sanders"
"I'm Nadia Costa." she smiled. All the boys stood all at once to introduce themselves to her. "she's so hot" I groaned internally.
Nadia wore black skinnies, grey Nightmare Before Christmas tank top and a black leather jacket, she's beautiful soft pale skin, full lips and baby blue eyes. I didn't realize I was so lost in my thoughts until I heard Matt was saying my name. "Jimmy!"
Looking up quickly I made eye contact with him, he looked slightly amused. "Are you gonna say hi? Or stare at her tits all day" I could feel the heat blossom across my face. The cackling of my brothers made it so much worse.
"That bastard" I thought. Shooting death glares I stood offering her my hand she shook it quickly before letting go looking me in the eyes for a split second.
"I'm Jimmy Sullivan. I'm the drummer." Nadia's smile was angelic up close, her handshake though rivaled Matt's.

"I'm Nadia."
"Nice to meet you"
"smooth move drummer." Short Shit teased poking my side, I punched him hard relishing in the thump it made.

"So today do you want to talk tour stuff?" she asked sliding her jacket off her shoulders to reveal both arms done in full sleeves.
"Oh Lord" I thought shifting abit in my seat. Nadia had various brightly colored and designed ink. From Nightmare Before Christmas to angels and werewolves, one in particular made me smile. On her right forearm sat a deathbat.
"This is gonna be a long tour"

Nadia P.O.V
"Nadia your gonna be late!" Sal yelled from downstairs. It was the twentieth time he said it but i was still running around like a headless chicken.
"I know Sal!" I hollered from the bathroom I quickly checked my makeup and clothes. I was so nervous, after months of being jobless I finally found a band needing a tour manager. I still couldn't believe Avenged Sevenfold had picked me for the job.
"Nadia!"
"I'm coming!" Checking my outfit one more time I left the bathroom snagging my purse on my way out.
Sal my older brother and role model stood at the bottom of the stairs with a bagel, my favorite pumpkin spice latte and the keys to my Mustang.
He looked slightly annoyed; he was supposed to be working with his bandmates on a new album. But instead he'd been chaperoning me around all morning.
"Thanks" I sighed slipping on my coat Sal handed me everything placing a kiss on my forehead.
"You"ll be fine. kiddo" He smiled brightly, blues eyes shining happily.
"Should i cover my deathbat tattoo? I dont wanna be thought of as a fangirl."
Sal rolled his eyes. "Oh get out. I'm sure they'll be flattered" He chuckled shoving me out the door.
"here we go" i let out a breath as i jogged to my car shoving the key into the ignition. The purr of the engine calmed me slightly as I pulled out of the driveway and onto the road.
15 minutes later I was getting even more nervous as I got closer to the meeting place they picked. It took me an agitating amount of time to find a parking spot.
But that's downtown for you; Huntington Beach was so different from Canada. It had the same tourist hustle and bustle but everything else was different.
Going through my purse quickly I run towards the building. A nice secretary directed me to the conference room when I got lost. Apparently my puppy dog face works great.
Grabbing the handle I sucked in a few breaths to calm myself before tugging open the door and entering the large room.
The whole band sat at a table leaning over folders most likely about the upcoming tour.Matt was the first to notice my entrance. Closing the folder in front of him he stood extending a hand to me, flashing his famous dimpled smile. Smiling softly i shook his hand before releasing it quickly. "I'm Nadia Costa. I'm the new tour manager." I said in a calm tone.
"I'm M Shadows. But you can call me Matt as long as the Berry twins are not around." The others laughed at his words. I couldn't help the giggle that escaped.
"And here's the rest of the misfits." Matt said turning to the others. They each took turns introducing themselves except one.
Jimmy Sullivan
He didn't move just stayed in his seat staring. Muscled arms crossed, pale face void of emotion.
"So how old are you?" Zacky asked.
"24" I replied quickly.
His eyes grew wide in shock. Apparently 24 is decently young for a Tour Manager. I didn't know whether to feel honored or scared.
My focus kept going back to Jimmy who still hasn't come to say hello.
Is there something wrong with me? Did I smudge my make up or something?
"So is Jimmy gonna say hi or no?" I asked matt curiously.
"Jimmy are you gonna say hi or stare at her tits all day?" Matt snapped in his directions. Said drummer snapped up his face turning a shade of red.
The others started cackling like children or witches. Yeah definitely witches. Jimmy stood shooting them a nasty look; extending his hand towards me a sheepish smirk gracing his lips.
"I'm Jimmy Sullivan. I'm the drummer." He said avoiding eye contact with me.
"I'm Nadia" I said as he sat back down next to Johny. I heard johny say "smooth move drummer" to jimmy earning himself a punch in the arm.
"So do you guys wanna talk tour stuff?" I asked taking off my jacket, placing it over the back of my chair. I saw jimmy start squirming around in his seat, which by all accounts was normal for the tall drummer.
"Um not really. We looked over the tour dates and there fine." Matt said in a business tone.
"Great job. by the way" Brain chirped closing his folder "some of these places are hard to get decent stage time. Plus the breaks in between are very generous."
"Thank you. I figured you guys may want a few days in between concerts to explore or hang out. Or sleep" I chuckled I felt so happy they liked my work. I didn't want to admit some of the dates had been hard to get but they were well worth it.
Everyone nodded gratefully almost in unison. "Do you mind if we ask you about yourself?" Brian asked thoughtfully his forefinger tapping his chin.
"sure. I dont mind." I nodded quickly "what would you like to know"
"Costa!" Matt yelled really loud startling everyone, A sheepish look crossed his face. "Is your brother Sal Costa from My Darkest Days by chance."
"Yeah he's my older brother" I nodded towards him.
"Cool. Do you guys remember Sal from Warped Tour 2012?" matt asked his brothers.
"Yeah!" Zack said leaning forward his eyes wide. "He's a cool dude! Very talented for sure"
"He's a great guy" my face seriously hurt from all the smiling I was doing.
"yeah he was very cool. We didn't get to hang out much but I remember that they were very popular with the crowds." Johny said leaning forward to talk.
" He was going to come with me but he has to work on their album" I'm sure Sal will be flattered when I tell him avenged sevenfold likes his band.
"Awesome. Tell him we wish him luck of luck, albums are a bitch sometimes" Matt said the boys gave looks of pain. Their recent album must have been a troublesome one.
I nodded in agreement "that's for sure. He's a little stressed at the moment but I tell him to just calm down and relax"
"Are you excited about touring? Its alot to deal with." Matt asked curiously.
" yeah ill be fine, I actually went with Sal last year; I helped with the merch booth. I like traveling anyway." I did like traveling. I remember being little and going to Yellow Stone and New York with my family. But traveling with a rock band was different than traveling with family.
" cool so if by chance the merch people need help would you mind helping?" Zacky asked crossing his arms.
"Sure. I dont mind at all." I nodded enthusiastically. I realized that all the boys had talked to me or asked questions except one. He had been silent this whole time not saying a thing.
"he must really not like me." I thought, my shoulders sunk abit.
"so-" Brian said but was cut off by a screaming cellphone. Everyone looked at each other before matt realized it was his.
"hello" He said answering the phone after looking too see who it was. I could here a mans voice on the other end but not anything he was saying. A few minutes later he ended the call looking at me. "Nadia I hate to bail but our manager just called a meeting for us." all at once the boys stood gathering their stuff.
"that's fine. Thank you for introducing me to everyone." I smiled grabbing my jacket and purse.
"bye Nadia it was so nice to finally meet you. If you need anything just call us or our manger Larry" Brian said he wasn't looking at me though. His eyes were on jimmy slipping out the conference room doors without a word to anyone.
once back in my car let out a deep sigh digging through my purse for my phone.
1 new text message
Sal: How did it go?
Me: It went fine. Everyone seemed to like me except jimmy
Sal: ?
Me: I'll explain later. Ttyl
Tossing my phone back in my purse I glanced in the rearview mirror before easing into traffic heading for home.
i really needed my wise big brother.