Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Goddess

Chapter Four Illusion

Chapter Four
Illusion
P.O.V. Of Nikki

I was just as shocked as anyone to find myself still somewhat, alive. Well as alive as a girl in purgatory can be. When I woke up it was Noel I found myself locking eyes with to my shock and awe. Noel is a vampire from what I understood with the ability to project his soul from his body and enter other realms. It was kind of a blessing considering how much I needed Noel in order to get through to Krissi. When her eyes finally locked with mine and she looked like she knew me or felt like she knew me. I couldn’t be sure.

“She looked at me”.
I whispered to Noel watching as she left with the illusions. Or lost souls. In this realm a goddess named Psyche is in control. She’s Goddess of souls and uses lost souls to draw powerful souls from their bodies. The second a soul as powerful and strong as Krissi’s entered purgatory Psyche sent her lost souls to manipulate Krissi into thinking she wasn’t dead at all. The longer she was away from her body the harder it would be for her to return. I turned myself to face Noel.
“At least she didn’t eat anything. With the immortal sins embodied here in food and drink and any form of pleasure. It would force her away from her body even farther”.

I stated repeating the things that Noel had taught me in my time here. Noel nodded to me getting up from the booth, I stood following him outside in time to see the bus pull away from the diner and it vanished in the thick fog and mist. I turned back to Noel gripping his arm lightly.
“I can’t lose her yet. We need to brake her out of this”.
Noel turned back to me shaking his head.
“It would be too much of a shock she needs to be brought out of it on her own. And when she breaks out. Psyche will have her lost souls feed off of her until she is wiped away”.
I turned to Noel balling my hands into fists.
“We can’t let that happen. You need to wake up and find Jimmy, I think that’s the name of her vampire. Go to him and tell him what’s happening here. I’m going to find Psyche and get her to let us go!”

Noel smirked to himself shoving his hands in his pockets.
“When did you become some bad ass commando?”
I took a breath looking back to where the bus had gone.
“When my best friend’s soul was shattered because I was killed in front of her. I don’t understand this whole embodiment of her innocent’s thing. Or how it works. But I’ll figure that out too. Just get to Jimmy tell him what’s happening then come back. Because I’m going to need you”.

Noel swept a bow.
“Always good to be needed”.
Noel said before he too seemed to evaporate like mist. I turned back to the road and taking a deep breath I started walking. It was a long endless road that never changed, thick clouds of mist and fog that made it easy to get confused or scared in a place like this. As if the ominous aura of this place wasn’t bad enough.

I continued walking for what felt like ages. Until I heard a voice in the distance.
“Hello?”
A girl called out, I stopped walking thinking it might be Krissi calling out. Maybe she broke herself out of the illusion that Psyche had her trapped in. The voice called out again.
“Krissi? Hello?”
The voice called out. I narrowed my eyes slightly confused now trying to see through the mist. Why would Krissi be calling to herself. Taking a breath I answered the voice.

“Hello!”
I called back giving a big wave. The girl stopped walking and gaped at me for a moment. The mist and fog cleared giving us a better view of the other.
“Who are you?”
I asked her before she could ask me the same question. The girl straightened up and took a step towards me.
“I’m looking for my friend. My names Amanda”.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3