Knee Socks

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It's been a week since the incident. Harry has been being extra nice to me these past days since then and it was very sweet of him, but it confused me.

I also couldn't stop thinking about what happened the previous week. The picture was permanently edge into my mind and it just wouldn't go away.

"Arabella!" Someone shouts by my ear, knocking me out of the dazed state I was in.

"What?!" I snap at my best friend. Hayley must of realized I wasn't listening to whatever she decided she was going to babble on about on our walk back to our dorm.

"I asked if you wanted to hang out at the twins dorm tonight," Hayley tells me.

I sigh, looking down at my converse. It's only been a week since the murder incident and I still can't shake the image of that girl out of my head.

"Not tonight," I tell her simply, I force a little ghost of a smile onto my face.

Hayley stops walking and turns to look me in the face. Her own features shown nothing but concern.

"Are you alright, Ar? You've been blowing me and the twins off all week and just now you were spacing out," Hayley says.

I shrug. I don't want to burden her or the twins with my problems. Hayley sighs when I don't give her an answer. "Alright, well I guess I'll see you later then," she says, giving me a small smile before she walks in the opposite direction we were just walking in to head to the boy's dormitory.

I start on my way to the girl's dormitory on my own. I walk slowly, just enjoying the cool October air. I've always loved this month when all of the leaves start to change from green and start to fall off the trees, but lately it just makes me even more depressed.

"You look down, love," an unfamiliar voice says, making me jump a little. I turn to see who the voice belongs to.

Standing beside me was the gym teacher, Professor Payne or Coach Payne to the guys who are on the football team. I've never met the man since I didn't have gym this semester, but I heard that he lived up to his last name by being a hard ass on his students.

I look down at the sidewalk covered by pretty orange and yellow leaves. I didn't know what to say to the man. I mean I don't even know him.

I sigh looking back into the man's face. He has short brown hair that was styled into a quiff, his light brown eyes were giving me a sympathetic look.

"I don't want your sympathy, or anyone else's for that matter," I mutter to the man, starting back on my walk to my dormitory.

The man keeps his steps level with mine. "I was just wondering what a lovely girl like you would be wondering her little head about," Professor Payne gives me a small smile.

I roll my eyes at the man's words. "Finding a dead body kind of screws with someone's mind," I tell him.

I hear a gasp being heard from the gym teacher's mouth. "You're Harry's girl aren't you?" He asks.

I turn on him angrily. "I am not Harry's 'girl' I never agreed to being his anything!" I shout at the man using air quotes on 'girl'.

The man puts his hands up in surrender. "I'm sorry for asking," he says.

I sigh feeling bad at snapping at him. "No I'm sorry. I shouldn't of snapped it's just that Harry confuses me," I say.

The man truly does confuse me. One minute he's all nice and kid to me and the next he's trying to come onto me. Why does he have to be so confusing?

The professor gives me a knowing smile. "That's just Harry. He really does like you, though," He says.

I don't get to reply to his comment though because that's the moment when we find the second victim.

The girl was lying beside a tree he eyes wide open in shock, she had the same wound as the victim before her. Her throat being slit open, blood was surrounding her.

I was just barely able to hold in my scream, tears streaming down my face. Professor Payne gasps at the sight. He pulls me into a comforting hug when he sees the tears streaming down my face.

He let's me cry into his shirt for a long while before he whispers softly into my ear. "We should go and tell Harry about this," he says.

I nod, stepping away from the man. I wipe away the tears that were currently streaming down my cheeks. Seeing Harry seems like the best idea in the world in that moment. Harry would comfort me. Harry would let me cry in his arms and whisper sweet things to me. Harry would make everything better.

On the walk to the headmasters office the gym teacher tries to cheer me up, but that wasn't going to happen. The image of the second murder victim has burned itself into my mind beside the one of the first one.

When we reach the office Professor Payne knocks on Harry's door and after hearing Harry's husky, "come in." We walk into the headmaster's office.

I watch as Harry's eyebrows furrow. He must be wondering why I came here with Professor Payne.

"Harry there's been another murder," he tells the headmaster in a urgent tone.

Harry groans at the news, he turns to look at me. When he sees the tears that have now started up again he sighs and motions for me to come over to him. I listen to him and hurry over to his side.

"You found the body again didn't you?" Harry asks soothingly. He brushes a stray piece of hair out of my face.

All I can do is nod in answer to his question. It was terrible to see a dead body like that, but to see it twice was the most mortifying thing to happen to a human being.

Harry opens his arms, inviting me to seek comfort in them. I couldn't have been more happy to have complied. I have stopped crying now but I still burry my head into his chest and he rubs soothing circles into my back.

Harry sighs. "Liam, can you call the police and tell them about the new body that's been found?" He asks the other man.

"Yeah, you know this might mean the school will be closed until the killer is found, right?" Professor Payne or Liam as Harry called him says.

Harry sighs again. "Yes, I know this, but if that's what they thing is safest for the students then that's what will happen," he says.

At this new knowledge, I lift my head quickly. "Does that mean I will have to go back home?" I ask, more tears coming to my eyes. This time because I didn't want to go back to an empty house at a time like this.

Harry shakes his head. "No sweetheart, I won't make you go back there," Harry says and I was finally grateful for one thing in life. Harry wasn't going to make me go back to my empty home.

I hear the gym teacher groan from across the room. "Well I'm going to go call the police," is all he says as he leaves the office.

After the other man is gone Harry motions for me to sit on his lap. I comply slipping onto his lap so that I am facing him. I'm not crying at all anymore, but my eyes were still red and puffy from all of the tears that had spilled from them.

"It'll be alright, baby girl," he says, he lifts his big hand to brush my cheek. "If they close the school you'll come and live with me for a while."

I give Harry a small smile at his words.
He would open his house to me just so I wouldn't have to go back to the empty house that would be waiting for me at home.

"I can't get the images out of my head," I say out of nowhere.

I had to tell someone. I didn't want to burden my friends with this, but Harry was different. Him comforting me was different then my friends comforting me.

I've moved my gaze down to where I am fiddling with my fingers. Harry puts a finger under my chin and lifts my face up so that I am now looking into his beautiful green eyes.

"You wouldn't be human if you weren't effect by something like this," Harry says soothingly.

"I just want to forget it about it, but it just won't leave my brain," I say.

It was a terrible thing not being able to control your mind. The image of that murdered girl was stuck in mind all week and now there was another one to join the first. I didn't know how I was going to get past this without going insane.

"Why don't you come back to my room and week can watch a movie," Harry says giving me his dazzling smile.

"Can it be Twilight?" I ask Harry, giving him my best puppy dog face.

He sighs. "Yeah, anything you want," he tells me.

***

"Why does he sparkle?" Harry asks.

We were in the middle of the movie and Harry had been asking me these questions through the whole thing. Apparently he has never seen the movie since everyone said it was the worst movie ever.

The movie has gotten my mind off of the murders and despite how many questions Harry asked me about it I was grateful for the distraction.

I giggle at the man's question. "Well Stephanie Meyer wanted to make vampires look beautiful. After all they needed to lure in their food," I tell him.

Harry huffs. "Well that's a stupid reason to sparkle in the sun," he says.

I roll my eyes at the man and watch as my favorite part of the movie is playing. Edward has cornered Bella against a fallen tree.

"Now I'm scared," she says.

"Good," Edward says as he steps away from her.

"I'm not afraid of you," she says and Edward gives her a confused look as she takes a step closer to him. "I'm only afraid of losing you I feel like your going to disappear."

"I don't know how long I've waited for you," Edward says.

I watch as Edward puts his hand on Bella's heart. "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb," he says.

"I'm the stupid lamb," Bella mutters.

"I'm the sick masochistic lion," Edward says.

Harry sighs. "I'm a sick masochistic man too Edward," he says.

I turn to look at him with a questionable look. "Masochistic?" I ask him raising my eyebrows. "Daddy kink and now this?"

Harry rolls his eyes at my smirk. "Masochistic does have another meaning then that you know."

I giggle at his reaction. "I know I was just joking with you."

"This relationship is masochistic after all who knows who could find out about this and I'd get fired or worse go to jail," Harry says giving me a serious look.

I raise an eyebrow. "We have a relationship now?" I ask him with a smirk.

Harry gets a mischievous look in his eyes and the next thing I know he is playfully pushing my back onto his bed. Resting himself on his elbows so that he's not crushing me with his body weight. He gives me a small smirk his eyes boring into mine.

"Yes we do, babe," he says and before I know what is happening his lips are on mine.

This time I don't push him away. This time I actually want to kiss him. This time is sweet and sensual. All want is more and more and more of it and his tongue prods of my bottom lip I open my mouth and allow him entrance to it.

I pull back only when I'm out of breath when I am desperately in need of air. I rest my forehead against Harry's a huge smile spread across my face as well as his own.

"That was..wow," Harry says amazed by the kiss we had just shared.

"I know," Is all I can say. Wow was definitely a good word to describe that kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 5! I hope you like it! :)