Sequel: Heartlines
Status: Undergoing a rewrite

Sun & Moon

Catorce

There was never a way to describe what being drunk felt like to someone who had never experienced being drunk. Catalina was a firm believer that there was no way to explain that everything felt like a hum on her skin, or that she felt everything second hand. She couldn’t explain that when Forrest touched her leg gently and coyly as he joked about something, that the touch went all the way to her spine.

With hooded eyes, she let her smiles fall easier. They were always slow smiles, because she was reacting slower to everything. Forrest was very articulate, and she liked to hear him talk. Everything he said sounded pretty, like little paper cut swans fluttering their wings. Catalina wasn’t sure why everything he said sounded so clean and cut, but she didn’t mind it.

Catalina didn’t speak like him at all. Her words were slow and thick like honey, her accent lightly rolling her r’s as she drank. Catalina prided herself in hiding her accent since she was born and raised in America, but it was there, the light traces of her heritage wrapped neatly on the tip of her tongue.

Erin also spoke smoothly. She had joined the conversation with Catalina and Forrest. Catalina was glad; she wanted Erin’s approval before doing anything with Forrest. It wasn’t that Catalina didn’t trust herself as much as it was she knew that Erin had the sharpest and the clearest judgment. When Erin wagged her brows at Catalina, she knew that she could take Forrest home and do whatever she wanted to him.

Chewing on the corner of her lip, Catalina blinked lazily at him. He was in the middle of telling Erin to check out a Southern Gothic book when Catalina touched his shoulder. Her fingers were firm enough to draw his attention but light enough to be casual, his sentence dropping off as his dark eyes drank her in. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt,” Catalina said with a chesire grin. “I just really wanted to dance.”

Forrest held out a hand. “I can fix that.”

Catalina slipped her hand in his. Her hand was small compared to his as he helped her up. She cast Erin a glance and nodded to the others. Erin grabbed Sean and Sebastian, forcing them to join her. Catalina smiled as Forrest spun her in a neat twist before her chest was pressed against his. He was much taller, but it didn’t matter. In her heels, she fit against him almost perfectly, arms linking around his neck as she gave him the same smile was earlier, her hips twisting.

Forrest place on hand on her hip, the other encompassing Catalina’s lower back. Her hair fell down her back as she tilted her head, Forrest bending his so that their faces were only a few inches apart. Her entire body was singing as she moved her hips fluidly to the music, her body rippling like a ribbon.

Catalina knew she could dance. She was Hispanic, and it was in her blood. She was aware that people were glancing at her when she danced. It gave her a small amount of anxiety but she focused her green eyes on Forrest’s determined not to let the weight of other people’s gazes make her feel flighty or nervous. It was mind over matter, so she danced, ignoring everything else.

As far as dancing went, Forrest wasn’t bad. He kept up with Catalina and his breath on her neck drove her nuts. He knew where to run his hands, and he knew when to throw a her a smile. If he could impress her dancing there, she wondered how well he could impress her doing other equally mobile activities.

Forrest didn’t just dance one on one with Catalina, though. He laughed and he joked around with Sean and Sebastian, all three of them trying out their worst dance moves while Erin and Catalina watched, covering their laughter with their hands. Forrest fit in well.

Catalina’s real desire, which had been covered under the guise of showing Forrest how to have fun, was to decide whether he was worth sleeping with. After everyone was drunk and Taylor was falling off of the couch and being lifted up by her brother and Heath, Catalina had already made her decision. The finality of it depended on Forrest, though. Catalina was a very honest person, and she knew that not being honest upfront often caused problems.

As a group, they made their way out to the street. Forrest had offered Catalina a hand and she took it, linking her fingers with his as they walked down the stairs and back outside. It was cold outside, but she was too drunk to feel the bite of the wind. She flicked her hair out of her face, glancing at him.

“Are you going home?”

The question was soft, almost a plead to not go home. Catalina smiled. “Not if you don’t want me to.”

“I only live ten minutes away.”

“I’m all yours.” He smiled. “On one condition,” Catalina added. He smile grew and he regarded her with curiosity. “Nothing serious. I promised you fun, and that’s my forte. Fun, no strings, promises, all that nonsense.”

“Nothing would please me more.”

Catalina had suspected as much. Someone who was as beautiful as Forrest and who was young like he was didn’t just settle down. They didn’t date- until they found the right one, at least. Catalina was not the right one, and she didn’t want to pretend that she thought she was. She wanted to be another memory on Forrest’s journey as a single guy, because that’s what he was to her.

Kissing Erin on the cheek, Catalina gave Erin Forrest’s address. She also gave her roommate his number, promising that she would text Erin when she got there. Forrest was standing a few yards away from them, oblivious to the exchange. Catalina and Erin had nailed the sleeping out routine long before they graduated college. They knew that it was better to be safe than sorry, no matter how nice and normal a lot of men looked.

Back at his side, Forrest took Catalina’s hand, leading her away from the Sky Lounge and to a cab. It was around three in the morning, people wandering out of bars and rushing into apartment buildings. There were still cars hissing by on the street and the wind ripped down the road, throwing shivers down Catalina’s spine. Seeing the reaction, Forrest let go of her hand and wrapped an arm around her. He was warm.

“How long have you an Erin been friends?” Forrest asked. “You went to college together, right?”

“Yeah, that’s where we met. I’m originally from Miami.”

“That’s where you get the accent?” Catalina blushed, nodding. She was watching the lights out the window. She was pressed against Forrest’s side, his arm around her shoulder, thumb brushing back and forth across the skin of her arm. “I like it, you don’t?”

“It’s worse when I drink.”

North Sheffield Avenue felt longer than Catalina remembered. She looked away from the window and smiled at Forrest, who was watching her with dark eyes. “You have beautiful eyes.”

“Trying to woo me?”

“Is it working?”

She leaned forward, her lips almost pressed against his. She could feel a hint of his breath against her lips, threatening to drive her to close the distance. “I’ll let you know.”

Just as Forrest leaned in to close the distance, Catalina pulled away, her eyes glittering up at him. Her mouth was a wicked curve of red, her eyes shadowed in the dim light of the car. Forrest just watched her, a look between confusion and curiosity on his face. The cab came to a slow and then a complete stop. Catalina had only been to Lincoln Park once, but she knew that there were extremely expensive homes there. As they got out the cab, she noticed his was one of them.

Fishing keys out of his pocket, Forrest led her through a black, iron gate. His hand was still closed around her own as he pulled her up the steps to his door. She waited for him to unlock it until he pulled her into his chest and smashed their lips together. Catalina was surprised but she grabbed the collar of his shirt, swinging him so that he slammed against the back of his short. He let out a sound of surprised but she smiled into his mouth, tasting the scotch and the faint spearmint gum that he had chewed after his last drink.

Hands still wound in Forrest’s shirt, Catalina pulled her lips from his, but only by a fraction. “Open the door,” she growled, her voice throaty and low. He grinned and nodded. “Ahora mismo.”

When Forrest turned to open the door, Catalina ran her fingers up his back, scratching him lightly through his shirt. He shivered, looking at her over his shoulder as she grinned sideways, jutting her chin out to gesture to the door. He chuckled and felt him twitch under her touch as he opened the door.

Catalina slipped in behind him. He shut the door and locked it, turning to face her. Before he could initiate anything, Catalina pressed the palm of her hand against the center of his chest, shoving him back against his door again. She looked up at him darkly, the other hand snaking around his neck to bring his mouth down to hers.

Forrest’s teeth pulled at the bottom of Catalina’s lip. Her fingers coiled in the hair at the back of his neck, his hair silky and fine just like she had known it would be. She was pushed flush against him, dominating the kiss with fire and ferocity. She made a sound in her throat that was more like a growl than a moan.

“Do you want to go to my bed or do you want me to take you hear against the door?” Forrest ask, voice strained. Catalina kissed his jaw, the stubble rough against her lips. She kissed down his throat, tasting his pulse while the hand on his chest ran down his stomach, toying with the hem of his shirt. “I’m up for either.”

“Bed,” Catalina demanded, backing off slightly. “I can’t fuck you against the door.”

Licking his lips, Forrest raised his brows at her, hearing the implication of Catalina’s words. She was calling the shots, pulling him to her by his shirt and placing a scorching kiss on his lips before gesturing with her hand for him to lead the way. She didn’t know where his bedroom was, but she would have led him there if she had.

The bedroom was on the second story of his house. Everything was decorated for luxury and comfort, Catalina’s eyes lingering on the paintings on the walls and the books that were randomly placed all over. Some looked new and some looked old. But there was certainly and impressive amount, a sign to his being a bibliophil.

Once in his room, Catalina didn’t give the room the same curious eye that she had the rest of the house. She knew what she wanted and she shoved him onto the bed, smiling when he let out a noise of surprise. He leaned up on his elbows watching her as she crossed her arms over her chest and cocked her head to the side. Her hair flowed like a satin curtain down her shoulder.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

She smiled to answer his question. “Figuring out what exactly I want to do.”

“Do I get to offer input.” She pursed her lips and shook her head. He let out a noise in the back of his throat. “Why am I not surprised.” He grinned. “Do your worst.”

Claro.”

“I don’t know what that means.”

“You don’t have to.”

Catalina walked up to him, running her fingers lightly across his jaw, traling to the back of his neck and gripping him there as she stratled his waist. He was leaning up still, tilting his face towards her as she bent down and kissed him again. One hand held him up, the other ran up her thigh, tracing circles on her skin that made her hum in appreciation.

Forrest was an amazing kisser. Catalina’s lips felt swollen as she kissed him, her hands running down his arms to pull at the bottom of his shirt. He leaned forward and let her remove the shirt. She took a moment to look at his tone body, letting and impressed noise escape her lips. He smirked at her and she narrowed her green eyes, pushing him down flat to whipe the smirk from his face. She kissed him and nipped him lightly on his chest, working her way down his extremely muscled stomach.

A groan escaped Forrest while Catalina painted him in marks with her teeth and mouth. She gripped the belt on his jeans and ripped the buckle open. She unzipped his pants, purposely letting her fingers grazed him. He lifted his hips and she pulled the jeans down. He kicked them off and Catalina was back on his waist again, looming over him like a thundercloud in the distance.

Everywhere Forrest’s fingers traced her skin, Catalina felt warmth. Her body was still responding to being drunk and feeling him touch her. Her mind could only focus on feeling as he grabbed the hem of her dressed and pulled it up her body and over her head.

In the darkness of his bedroom, the only source of light was the open window that let in the moon’s light and the light of the city. Her skin was freshly tan, and though he looked fresh out of the sun too, it paled in comparison to the color of her body, Hispanic roots turning her skin gold.

Lightly, Forrest traced her black lace bra and her black lace underwear. It wasn’t overly fancy; Catalina didn’t need fancy to get him where she wanted. Fancy lingerie came later if she was feeling particularly adventurous. She wanted to test him first, to see what his weak points were.

Leaning her head back in a breathy moan, Catalina felt him kiss up her stomach. His tongue tasted her skin and she arched into him, his hands holding her to him, fingers spread out and pushing into her back. She could feel his fingers pressed into her spin, her own fingers scratching his shoulders lightly as he moved a hand up her back, unfastening her bra easily.

Tossing it to the side, Forrest didn’t wait a second to bring his mouth to her skin, an audible sound of appreciation leaving the back of Catalina’s throat. His tongue flicked over a nipple lightly, making her shiver in his arms. He kissed across her chest, paying her other breast the same amount of attention. She ground her hips into his slightly, making him groan against her skin.

Holding her tight to him, Forrest rolled. Catalina’s head hit his mattress, her hands running down his chest. He kissed her deeply, her fingers tracing the elastic band of his briefs. He was already hard, pressing against her leg. She tugged at the fabric and he straightened, pulling off his briefs for her.

A tilted smile came to Catalina’s lips. Forrest was just as impressive as she hoped he would be. He seemed amused as he bent down, kissing down her stomach. He flicked his tongue across her hipbone and she bowed off the bed towards him, grinning as he hooked his finger in her underwear, pulling them smoothly down her legs. He tossed them with a quick flourish. He bent down but Catalina grabbed him by his hair, pulling him towards her.

“No foreplay tonight,” she nearly growled. Her eyes were a dark shade of green, lit by fire. “Just fuck me.”

He grinned. “No problem.”

Leaning across Catalina’s body, Forrest dug around in his nightstand. She took the opportunity to pressed hot kisses over his chest, lingering and teeth grazing his skin. Forrest moaned deep in his throat, head dropping for a second. “If you keep doing that, I’m going to come apart.”

She nipped him again, right on his collarbone. “Good.”

Shaking his head in amusement, Forrest brought the small package to his mouth, biting the edge of the foil and ripping it. He tilted his head and spit the ripped end off of the bed. Catalina was getting impatient, tracing patterns on his arm with the edge of her nails, watching him darkly. He wasn’t looking at her and Catalina wanted him to.

When he was done, Forrest looked up at Catalina. She grinned at him put her knee against his hip, hands firm on his shoulders. She rolled them easily and before he could look at her in surprise, Catalina sank down on him, their bodies meeting and earning a sigh of delight from Catalina’s lips. She didn’t hesitate before rolling her hips, causing Forrest to groan loudly.

Catalina loved the feel of him. She grinned, as he leaned up, pushing their chest together and letting Catalina use him for her own enjoyment, her hips rolling fluidly like the tides of the ocean somewhere off in the distance. Forrest’s hands pressed her back, moving all over, his lips kissing every inch of her body. Catalina’s hands went to the back of his neck, locking tightly in his hair as she continued to control the pace.

Every inch of Catalina’s body was lit with warmth. She felt it coursing through her veins as he growled and whispered things she could barely hear against her skin. His hand moved across her skin, leaving an electric path in their wake. Her body was humming, and when he rolled them over and up the pace, she didn’t complain. Her hand went to his hip, digging her nails into his skin, kissing it with half-moon marks.

Wrapping a leg around Forrest’s waist, Catalina lifted her hips of the bed at an angle. He dipped his hips, hitting deep and dead on her spot. She let out a loud moan, encouraging him to keep the angle and change his rhythm to a more aggressive beat, which was fine with Catalina.

“Fuck,” Catalina cursed, arching into him. Her curiosity when Forrest danced with her had been sated. He made her feel equally as good in bed as he had on the dance floor. They’re bodies were still almost a perfect match; not puzzle pieces, but close enough to work. “Do that again.”

“Bossy.”

Catalina looked him in the eye. “I like things my way.”

He nipped her collarbone. “I like them your way too.”

It seemed they both liked Catalina’s way. Forrest’s thrust became sloppier and unhinged while Catalina felt herself fighting for breath. Her nails left red crescents on Forrest’s shoulder as she came apart underneath him, thighs clenching and gasping for air. He was a half-a-second behind her, cursing into her hair.

Careful to collapse next to her and not on her Forrest tried to catch his breath. Catalina was doing the same, both of their labored breathing filling the room. Licking her lips, she glanced at him. He was in a thin layer of sweat and his hair was mused, but he was still just as beautiful as he had been in the corner store.

Comfortable silence echoed around them for roughly ten minutes. Forrest was absently playing with a piece of Catalina’s hair while she looked outside of his window that faced the lights of Lincoln Park. She finally turned to look at him. He looked at her and grinned.

“Come here often?” he joked.

Catalina smirked. “If that’s what coming here entails, maybe.” She rolled off the bed languidly. “Until then, I might sleep better in my bed.” He chuckled. “What?”

“I knew you would say that. My bed isn’t soft enough?”

“Oh it’s very soft.” Catalina grinned playfully at him, tossing her hair over her shoulder. “My bed just as a certain…”

“Personal space.” Catalina nodded, leaning over the mattress to briefly kiss him on the lips. He grinned at her, watching her as she slipped on different articles of clothing. “You really did open up a new world of fun for me.”

“Good, maybe I can keep giving lessons.”

He nodded. “You know how to reach me.”

Catalina winked before turning around and leaving. She came- literally. She saw- and was impressed. She conquered- as she did so often. Now, it was time to go home and sleep in her own bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Cat, doing things you shouldn't with people you're not genuinely interested in.

-N