Incomplete

III.

“What are your names?” The man I came to know as Rick asked us. I looked at him and the rest of his group. “I’m Kiera, this is my sister Sarah and her dog.” I said to them looking at the group of men, a few women and the crazy hick.

“I’m Rick, This is my wife Amanda, my son Carl. This is Hershel Greene and his family Beth and Maggie. That over there is Glenn, T-Dog, Lori, Shane, Dale, Andrea, and I believe you met Daryl.”

I nodded my head to his last part about Daryl I looked at them all and bit my lip gently trying to put on a brave face to look at the group. “Look we want no trouble, we just got into town for two over. Our parents were eaten in front of our eyes and we don’t want any drama or trouble.” I told them all bravely.

I saw the saddened look on Amanda’s face as she looked at me and my little sister. “Rick they can stay with us right?” She asked as she looked up at her husband I was silently praying they’d say yes as I had no clue how to survive in this new world and I didn’t want to get myself or my sister killed being inexperienced.

“If it’s alright with Hershel having two more mouths on his farm then by all means.” Rick said as he held his wife and son closer. I turned my glance to the elder man whose home I was at.

“You’re welcome to stay but follow my rules, No guns.” He spoke to my sister and me. I nodded my head to him and moved back by my sister sighing out grateful that they’d let us stay.

I watched as the one named Andrea led my sister off to get her settled down and into bed with the other younger people. I sat in the dirt by my car tire and sighed out sadly rubbing my face.

“You okay?” I looked up at the one they called Glenn I nodded my head and looked at him. “I’ll be okay I think.” I told him and sighed giving a weak and pathetic excuse for a smile.

“I know how hard it is to see someone you love get eaten by those things.” He said and held out a blanket to me I took it and smiled at him. “Yeah…it’s hard.” I said and looked down pulling my knees up to my chest.

“Can you tell me more about the people in this group?” I asked him and smiled when he sat next to me nodding his head. “Well I can tell you what I know, Dale over there in the RV is the leader, the one walking out of the RV is Carol, and she wasn’t out earlier when you got here.” He said.

“Carol’s daughter Sophia is missing. Daryl over there is a hick he’s not like any of us but he’s an excellent hunter. He’s taking control of looking for Sophia. Lori is Rick’s ex-wife mother to Carl. She’s pregnant with Shane’s baby.” Glenn explained I sighed gently listening.

“Amanda who is, not really Rick’s wife but they are just like a married couple and its sweet. Carl is close with Amanda more so then his mother. Andrea is going through a bit of a rough patch because her sister died at our last campsite so I’m sure she’s going to be very protective of your little sister. “

I nodded my head as He continued to point people out for hours we talked and he explained some things they the group did the different chores. I yawned and curled up against the ground. “Do you want to sleep in a tent?”

I opened one eye and looked at him, “No I’m good under the stars.” I replied to him and gave a sweet smile before I curled up tightly. I fell into the lightest sleep I’d ever gotten in my whole life before I felt someone lift me up I jolted awake.

I looked at Daryl as he laid me in his tent, “Your back is going to hurt and you’ll be no good to us if you can’t pull your own weight.” Daryl said harshly and walked out leaving me in his tent I frowned a little.

This Daryl guy was a little weird I didn’t know if I’d like being around him or if I’d like having him around my little sister and I. “Thank you.” I called out to him sighing as I closed my eyes again and fell asleep in his tent.

I woke up in the early morning hours as I heard rustling and moving outside of the tent I poked my head out of the tent and saw my little sister sitting with her dog by the old oak tree. I got out of the tent and marched over to her rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

“Sarah?” I asked as I sat next to her. “I don’t know what to do anymore Kiera all I see is them.” She said looking at me I looked in her eyes and I didn’t see my sister anymore I saw someone I didn’t know. I saw the pain she had in her heart and the disappointment in her eyes.

I pulled her into my arms and cradled her body close to mine sighing out gently as I rubbed her side watching as the dog curled up on her lap. “We’re going to be okay together.”

I felt the massive sigh she let out as she cuddled into me I glanced over my shoulder to the top of the RV where Daryl was sitting watching out at the end of the property for those things the Zombies.

As if on cue the sun started to rise and so did most of the people on this farm. I saw the house door open and people started migrating towards the house for food and showers. I let Sarah go with Andrea as I sighed I stood up.

“Hey, girl.” I turned my attention to Daryl with a curious look on my face.

“I heard what you said to your little sister. I know you believe it now but don’t you’re most likely going to leave her and it’ll be easier on her if she don’t think you’re the only one who cares or that you’re going to be the one to protect her from this world cause you can’t.” He said harshly I narrowed my eyes at him and put my hand on my hip.

“Look here, I don’t need you telling me what to do. I can take care of my sister my damn self. I’ll tell her what I please to keep her sane and make her feel a little bit better. We just watched our parents die. I’m just trying to keep it together for her and you’re giving me more shit then I need right now.”

I turned and stormed off towards the house I found the one that owned the land. “Hershel?” I asked quietly stepping towards him only to be greeted by a smile from him.

“How can I help?” I asked him as I looked around at all the people moving around the kitchen.

“Just eat and follow the rules I don’t want people disrupting my life.” He said to me I nodded my head but didn’t eat I moved back out to my car opening the door I sat down with the windows rolled down I pulled a picture from the glove box in the old family car.

“Better times?” I looked up at Glenn who was leaning into the window.

“You could call them that I suppose, that’s my last family portrait with my whole family, that’s me, Sarah, my mom Pamela, my dad Keith and my older brother Scott.” I told him handing him the picture.

“You and Sarah are the only ones left?” Glenn asked me and I just nodded once.

“I’m sorry, hey I’m going into town for supplies for our group do you need anything?” He asked me I just shook my head no.

“I don’t but ask Sarah she might want you to pick up dog food.” I told him and watched him walk off towards the house I looked over when I felt as if someone was staring I glared at Daryl and turned to face the other direction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments or recs are wanted. Please?