Status: idek theres a lot man

We Will Never Be the Same

You Better Listen to Your Doctor

Vic pulled me into school on Tuesday, and right to my locker, despite the odd looks we were receiving.
“Everyone’s staring,” I said softly and opened my locker. “So? It’s none of their business,”
I nodded and put my books into my back. “Kellin Quinn Bostwick, where were you yesterday?” Justin asked suddenly. “Um, I was sick?” He rolled his eyes and then narrowed them at Vic.
“You know, you were also conveniently absent yesterday too,” he said to him. “Yeah, because I was with him,”
Justin glared at him.
“You did baby things without me?” he asked, actually looking hurt. I laughed lightly.
“Justin, you know it’s not your baby, right? I didn’t have to tell you or invite you. Besides, it was just a doctor’s appointment,”
Just looked more offended that he should have, and glared between the two of us.
“Well you had no problem telling me things before he gave a damn,” he quipped and stalked off.
I stared after him in horror, wondering where the attitude had com from. He had never had a problem with my liking Vic before, so why was it now?
“Relax,” Vic said and brushed my hair lightly. “He’ll be alright. He’s probably just jealous that you’re telling me all of the personal stuff instead of him. You’re his best friend, and he’s used to you telling him everything, so I could imagine it’s a bit of a shock for him,”
I nodded, Vic’s little rant actually making me feel better. He closed my locker for me and then walked me down to my homeroom.
“I’ll see in English,” he said and pecked my lips. I grinned and nodded, before heading in to class. ~

Vic and I walked to lunch together after English. I scanned around for Justin, but he didn’t seem to be there, and went to sit with Vic.
His friends all smiled at me, not minding that I was there. “So, I have something to tell you,” Mike started grinning and then got up to kiss my cheek.
“Since I didn’t, congrats kiddos,” he said and went to get his lunch.
“What’s he talking about?” Jaime asked, making Vic grin. “Well, first of all, Kellin and I are together now, but more importantly, he’s pregnant. And it’s mine,”
They both stared at me and then Vic in confusion. I poked Vic’s arm, laughing a little. “You do remember that that’s not a normal thing, and they’re confused,”
Vic grinned sheepishly. “Right. Um, Kellin's intersex, so he was born with girl parts, but still a boy, so he can get pregnant,”
The two of them continued to stare while I laughed. “That was hugely paraphrased.” Vic sighed softly.
“Okay, um, well I was born with a uterus and a working ovary like girls have, but I’m still a boy,” I said. “So I can conceive, and I’m currently pregnant,”
Jaime and Tony grinned. “Are you serious, that’s awesome,” Jaime said. “Yeah, congrats. Vic, you don’t make any sense,” I laughed and kissed Vic’s cheek as he pouted.
“He’s still learning how to explain it so that it doesn’t sound ridiculous,” I explained. “Besides, it is confusing,”
Tony nodded. “What even is intersex?” Jaime asked. “Um, could I not explain it all here? I don’t want anyone to overhear,”
They both nodded in understanding. “Well let’s go get lunch then,” I smiled as they got up and went to get their lunches. “Could you get me some dressing?” I asked Vic as he got up too. “Mhm, any specific kind?” I shook my head and smiled at him as he walked off. I had packed a salad for myself, along with some grape juice.
Mike sat down then and grimaced at my lunch. “That looks thrilling,” he said and cringed as I took a bite. It was kind of bland right now.
“I have to start eating healthy for the baby,” He nodded slowly and then bit into his pizza and moaned.
I flicked him off and took another bite of salad. Vic sat down beside me again and looked between the two of us. “Here,” He handed me the dressing for my salad, only it was low calories and 0 fats.
I sighed and ripped it open to pour it over my salad. “Thanks,” Vic nodded and gave me sympathetic smile before biting into his slice of pizza.
“You have to kiss me later,” I muttered and continued to eat my bland salad.
I head him laugh quietly before Tony and Jaime sat back down. “So, I have a favor to ask,” Vic said, making all three of them groan.
“Oh, come on, it’s for Kellin,” They waited silently for him to start talking again. “Okay, so Kellin needs his room switched to their basement so there’s a room for the baby and he doesn’t have to go up the stairs all the time,”
Mike nodded slightly and spoke around a mouthful of pizza. “So you want us to do it,” he said. “Well, yeah, I mean, I would help too, and Kellin's mom. I just thought I would ask you to help since Kellin can’t,”
I finished chewing so that I could talk too. “Please? My mom said that she would pay you,”
Mike smirked at that. “Jesus Vic, why didn’t you open with that?” I laughed and looked at Vic as he glared at his little brother.
“Sure, next time start with bribery,” he muttered. “This Saturday, please,” I said to the three of them.
“Where do you even live?” Tony asked. Vic answered before I could. “I’ll drive everyone over,”
I finished the rest of my salad, although I was still hungry. Vic noticed me frowning.
“Was that not satisfying enough for you?” he teased. “No. I have to eat for two. I don’t know how my mom thinks this is enough,”
He laughed at me. “I’m still hungry and she won't let me eat anything,” Vic leant over to kiss my hair.
“Sorry,” I shrugged lightly. At least I didn’t feel sick today. ~

I walked into gym, feeling nauseas. “Could I sit out today? I’m not feeling well,” I said to Coach Mallory.
“No Kellin. You sat out yesterday. Now we’re running track. Get going,” I sighed and started jogging slowly.
She let me go for a while before shouting at me. I felt even more sick now, and kind of light-headed.
My stomach was churning as I slowed down more. “Bostwick! Pick it up,” I groaned and tried to run a little bit faster. I was panting, and my vision started to blur. I slowed down and then stopped completely, feeling like I was going to be sick.
“Kellin, I’m serious,” Coach said just as I passed out. ~

I woke up slowly, groaning a little. “Kellin?” I looked at my mom, noticing her worried face. “Hm? Where are we?” I asked and looked around at the bright white room.
“We’re at the hospital baby. You fainted,” I frowned and nodded, remembering.
There was a little tube in my arm, and a laminated band around my wrist. I looked at it, noticing my name and other personal info.
“The baby’s okay, right?” I asked, suddenly very worried. Mom nodded and patted my arm. “The baby’s fine. But you have to take it easy. Which means no more gym class. We’re gonna get your schedule changed.”
I frowned at her. “But it’s the middle of the year,” I said. “Yes, but I could always threaten to sue. Believe me, they’ll change it for you,”
I smiled and nodded as Vic rushed into the room.
“Kellin? What happened? Are you okay? Is the baby alright?” he asked quickly, the worry evident on his face.
“Relax, I’m fine. I just fainted,” I said and took his hand. “You scared the hell out of me,”
I smiled sympathetically at him and pulled him onto the bed with me. “Well we’re fine. I just got over-worked and passed out,”
He sighed and rested his face against my neck, setting his hand on my stomach. “Don’t scare me like that, please,”
I smiled and nodded before tucking my face into his shoulder too. I heard mom ‘aw’ at us and then a camera snap. We both turned to glare at her.
“What? You two look so cute together. Besides, I’m trying to document this,” I rolled my eyes and kissed Vic once, hearing the camera on her phone go off again.
“You two are so adorable,” she said, making me blush. Vic grinned at me and then moved to kiss my stomach.
The camera went off for a third time, making me laugh. “Mr. Bostwick?” Someone said.
We all looked up at the doctor then, a blush covering mine and Vic’s cheeks. “You’re free to go, but we’d like to advise you to take it easier. You are pregnant, and need to go a little slower,” I nodded at him.
“Thanks,” He nodded back before leaving us again. “Um…is someone supposed to come take this thing out of me?” I asked and held up the arm that still had an IV in it.
Vic laughed, and then a nurse walked in. “Hi Kellin,” she said and smiled happily.
Vic moved to get out of her way and sat at the end of my bed. She bandaged my arm, taking the IV out slowly. “There you are,” she said and smiled again before leaving.
Vic helped me up and then mom handed me some clothes. I grinned at her and pulled the gown over my head.
I was grateful that no one had taken my underwear off. I noticed Vic ogling me as I stepped into my favorite blue sweatpants.
“You’re so obvious,” I teased, making him blush. “Excuse me for being attracted to you,”
Mom laughed and handed me my t-shirt. I slipped it on and then slid my shoes onto my feet. “You look nice,” Vic said, even though I looked pretty lazy.
“Thanks,” I kissed him appreciatively and then pulled my hoodie on.
“Okay, we can go now,” I said. Vic’s hand slid into mine as mom led us out of the hospital. ~

[Saturday]

“Hey,” I said and smiled. Vic kissed my lips, earning a round of ‘ew’s from his friends.
I smiled as they all filed into our living room. They were quickly becoming my friends too, and I was grateful for it. I liked the idea that Vic’s friends and family would be just as big a part of the baby’s life as my mom and I.
“Hey Kell,” Mike said and kissed my cheek. He seemed to be just as sweet and overly-protective as Vic was.
“Hi,” Vic laced his hand with mine and then headed to the den. The other three followed after us and then just stood in the middle of the room.
“Mom,” I called, knowing she was in the storage room. “Hm? You know, Kellin, I’m thinking we could throw most of this stuff out. Or give it--Oh. Hi,” I laughed lightly.
“Mom, this is Tony, Jaime, and Vic’s brother Mike,” He made a face at me.
“I will forever be branded as Vic’s little brother then, huh?” I laughed and shoved him lightly before letting go of Vic.
“Well it’s lovely to meet you boys. And Kellin, they’re all so attractive,” she said quietly to me.
I covered my face with my hands, groaning. “They can all hear you, you know,” I said as they all laughed.
“Do I care? I have a house full of cute boys to do work for me. And, I do appreciate you all doing this. I know I can’t pay you a whole lot, but I hope it’ll be okay?”
The three of them nodded, all giving her charming smiles. “Of course Mrs. Bostwick. We don’t mind,” Tony said.
“Besides, I don’t mind helping my little niece,” Mike said, smiling, and tickled my stomach.
“We don’t know the gender yet,” He shrugged. “So? It’s Vic’s. You know it’s gonna be a girl. I mean, can’t you picture him spoiling the hell outta that kid?”
I laughed and nodded. That sounded exactly like Vic. “I don’t know whether to be offended or agree,”
I grinned at him and then looked back at mom. “So what were you saying?” I asked. “Well, as much as I hate to do it, we could get rid of most of the things in there. It’s mostly your dad’s old clothes and some of his stuff. I was thinking we could put his picture up, and then get rid of the rest. It’s just talking up space now. Besides, I don’t think he would mind his grandchild replacing some of his things,”
I took a deep breath and nodded before smiling at her. “Um, Vic, you can come back. The room’s pretty cramped right now, so only one or two of us can fit in there at once,”
Vic smiled and followed her back to the baby’s room. “You’re mom’s single?” Mike asked. “Uh, yeah, my dad died when I was little,”
He frowned and leant against the back of the couch with me. “I’m sorry,” I shrugged and smiled at him. “It’s okay,” He put his arm around me protectively as Vic and mom came back out, wheeling a long rack of clothes out.
“So, there are two of these and a dresser. We’ll have to get ‘em outside,” Tony and Jaime took it from then and started taking it up the few steps. I watched them struggle a bit while Vic and mom went to get the other cart.
They wheeled that one out too, Mike getting up to help Vic take it. “What can I do?” I asked, earning a frown. “You can sit there and behave yourself.”
I pouted and sat down on the back of the couch. The boys came back in then and waited for mom.
“Okay, so we have to get the dresser out. I’m thinking one drawer at a time, so that we can get it up the steps?”
They all did as she said and went to get a drawer. I watched as they kept walking back and forth in front of me, doing all of the things my mom asked.
“Okay,” she said, when they got the entire room cleared out. “We can start in here now. Kell, I need you to go over there so we can get the couch,”
Mom orchestrated while they got the furniture outside with everything else. Tony and Mike started un-hooking the tv set while Vic and Jaime were vacuuming and moving picture frames off the walls.
Mom had set up Dad’s picture in the living room, above our couch. “I want to help,” I whined.
Vic shook his head and pointed it at me. “You have to rest,” I pouted again from my spot on the window sill.
“But I don’t want you to have to do all the work,” I said. “We don’t mind Kellin. You know we’re gonna love the hell out of this baby too,” Tony said.
I smiled and then sighed before placing my hand over my stomach. This baby was going to be so loved. ~
♠ ♠ ♠
um....

im awkward

title- "Currents Conclusive" Pierce the Veil