Status: idek theres a lot man

We Will Never Be the Same

I Don't Care If You're Sick

The boys had to take my bed apart and reassemble it in the den. I sat on the sill again, watching as they set it up on the far wall. The room looked so empty without all of our usual den things in it.
“Kellin, stop pouting,” Vic said and moved to kiss my lips. I still really wanted to help, and no one would let me.
The second I tried to carry something it was taken from my hands. “You won’t let me help, so you can let me pout,” I said.
“You’re adorable,” he said softly and went back to helping.
They set my mattress down on the box-spring after it had been put together.
“Okay Kell, you can make the bed,” I grinned went to do that. “You are too hype,” Jaime said and laughed at me. I really wanted to help them.
Vic and Mike were carrying my dresser down, while mom and Tony had the drawers.
They had left all of my clothes in there, and stacked up the ones from my closet on them. I finished making my bed and sat down on it to watch them.
“Where do you want it?” Vic asked, holding it up from the bottom of the steps.
I pointed to the corner of the wall beside my bed and watched them as they carried it over. Mom and Tony pushed the drawers into it.
“Okay baby, can you put the rest of your clothes in there?” Mom asked and pointed to the linen closet.
They had cleared out the half of it with the clothing rack so that I could use it as a make-shift closet.
I started loading hangers full of clothes into it while everyone else kept bringing my furniture into the room. “Kellin, we’re gonna keep the furniture from in here in your room. I was thinking you could have it when you move out,” mom said.
I nodded and smiled at Vic, wondering if we would ever live together.
He fell onto my bed with me, lying back against the mattress. “Are you tired now?” I teased. “Hey, I was carrying things in and out of here all day. I have a right to be tired,” I laughed and looked at everyone else.
“Thanks,” I said as a whole. “I really do appreciate it,” They all smiled at me and nodded while mom got her purse.
“Oh, you don’t actually have to pay us,” Jaime said. “No, no. I want to. You didn’t have to help, and I want you to at least have something, even if it isn’t much,”
She handed each of them a ten, minus Vic. I lay down sideways, resting my head on his stomach.
I smiled, enjoying how warm he was, and the way his stomach moved up and down evenly with his breath.
“You guys are so cute,” Tony teased. Vic grinned and ran a hand through my hair. I smiled too and kissed Vic’s stomach for once.
“Okay, well. Vic, are you staying here?” He looked at my mom who shrugged.
“Yeah,” I smiled to myself. I really liked when Vic stayed over, especially on weekends because we could stay up late. “Alright. I’ll tell mom where you are,”
Vic nodded and smiled at his brother. “Oh, wait. Before you all go, could you help me put Kellin's door up down here?”
Mike nodded and took Jaime up to undo the hinges on my door.
They came back a few minutes later and set it up while Tony sat with us. “Thank you all,” mom said, smiling.
“Of course. And you,” Jaime said and pointed to me. “We expect plenty of updates on the baby,”
I grinned and nodded. I genuinely loved that they wanted to be a part of their live too. For some reason Justin had been avoiding me and I missed him. I just wanted my friend here; especially while I as going to have a baby.
I guess I had just pictured him being a part of all this too.
They all headed out, leaving the three of us alone. “I’ll leave you two alone then…. What do you want for dinner Kell?” She had taken to asking me what I wanted every night so that she could make everything healthy for me.
“I can’t have what I want,” I whined and hid my face into Vic’s stomach. “Well what about some chicken pot pie? I could make it from scratch,”
I sighed and nodded. “Thanks,” I mumbled as she left the room. “I hate eating healthy,” I complained and made Vic laugh. “Yeah, but the baby appreciates it,”
I sighed again. I knew the baby needed healthy foods, along with the vitamins I had started taking.
“How can I cheer you up?” Vic asked, more to himself, while grinning. He sat up and pulled me close to him before kissing my lips.
I smiled and kissed back, just tasting him. “Do you like your new room?” he asked. “Mhm, yeah. It’s nice, and a lot bigger. Plus now I have my own bathroom,”
Vic nodded and pulled me to the middle of the bed with him. “Hey Vic?” I asked. “What are we gonna do after the baby’s born?” He bit his lip before sighing.
“I mean, the baby will be here all the time, and that isn’t fair,” He sighed again. “I don’t know. I imagine I’ll probably be here most of the time,” he said.
“And what about after you graduate?” I asked. “Where are you gonna be then?” Vic groaned and fell back against the bed. “I don’t know Kellin. I don’t even know what I want to do with my life.”
I laid back against his pillow and cupped his cheek gently. “Sorry,” I said and curled into him. His arms wrapped around me, tucking me into his chest.
“I just—maybe you could live here? Like…until I graduate?” Vic shrugged beside me. “I don’t know Kellin. Would your mom even let me? And I don’t know if my parents would want me to,” I sat up to look at him.
“What if—what if you moved in here with me? Like, we could take care of the baby here, but take them to see your family, and then after I graduate we could move somewhere else?”
Vic stared at me. “Kellin, that’s kind of great. But—I don’t think your mom would want you to move out,”
I frowned at that. I knew that. Mom would be so lonely here, and she would probably never want me to leave.
“Well, it’ll have to happen sometime,” He sat up too while I yelled for my mom.
“Kellin? What’s wrong?” mom asked, appearing in the door suddenly. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. Um, I have to ask you something,”
She walked over and sat down on the bed with us. “What is it Kellin?” she asked. “Well, Vic and I both want to be with the baby, so we would have to live together, right?”
She sighed, smiling. “And you want him to live here?” I frowned at her. “How did you know that?” Vic asked. “Well I know Kellin. And I agree with you. You’ll both need to be in the same place. Babies aren’t easy Kellin, so I think it would be good for you both to live in the same place. But, Vic’s parents would have to agree to that. You both still have to finish school, and eventually you’ll both have to have jobs.”
I nodded and looked at Vic. “I know, I’ll have to ask them. In the mean time, I could look for a job, I guess?” he said.
“Okay…so, you’ll work, and I’ll just stay home with the baby? That doesn’t seem very fair to you,”
He sighed quietly. “Kellin, I mean that I could be the one to work while you’re pregnant, and still in school. I graduate in May, but you’ll still have to have another year and carry the baby this year. Where do you see the availability for a job in there?”
I frowned at him, knowing he was right. “Well, I mean—okay. But when would you get to see them? You’re just as important as I am, and I want you to be able spend time with your baby too,”
He smiled and leant forward to kiss me. “I will; just not all the time. Besides, you’ll still have to go to school,”
I cringed at the thought. “Kellin, maybe it would be a better choice for you to be home-schooled,” mom said, making me cringe. “But I don’t want to,”
She sighed, but got cut off by Vic before she could explain. “Well think about it Kellin. If you did then we wouldn’t have to have someone to take care of the baby during the day, and you wouldn’t have to deal with anyone at school. Not to mention, you would always be here,”
I frowned at him. “Don’t do that. You know it would be hard for you to go back to school while the baby was here; especially right after it’s born. There’s no maternity leave for school,”
As much as I hated it, he was making sense. It would be easier to do home-schooling with the baby.
“I guess,” I said quietly as he pulled me against him. “So, should I call the school?” I nodded and sighed.
Vic kissed my cheek, holding me against his chest. His hands gently moved over my stomach. “I can’t wait,” he said softly in my ear.
“Me too,” I felt him smile against my cheek. “Do you want a girl or a boy?” I asked. “Mm, I do want a girl,” I smiled at that. “What about you?” he asked.
“I don’t know. I wouldn’t mind either,” Vic nodded and nuzzled his face into my neck.
“Kellin!”
I jumped, startled by my mom. “Phone for you,” she said and held it out from the stairs.
I sighed and left my comfortable spot to get the phone from her. “Hello?” I asked and sat back down with Vic.
He wrapped his legs around me on the bed, and then his arms around my waist.
“Ah, Kellin. It’s Dr. Marina. Your test results came back, and you are perfectly healthy, along with the baby. However, I would still like to see you sometime very soon,” she said. Vic kissed my cheek, probably feeling me tense up.
“We’ve discovered an anomaly in your blood, and would like to test the father of the baby’s blood as well. You’re a carrier for Leber’s Congenital Amaurosis. Do you know what that is?” she asked.
“Um, no,” I could feel my heart start to race as she continued. “It’s a rare disease that causes blindness. And we would like to test your partner, because if both of the infected parents are carriers, then the baby can have an increased risk of blindness,” she said.
“Kellin, what’s wrong?” I ignored my mom and continued to listen to her talk. “So, I was wanted to schedule an appointment with the two of you to test his blood for the condition as well.”
I nodded, even though she couldn’t see it. “Um, okay. W-when?” I asked.
“Um, I’m free Monday at noon?” she said. “Uh, y-yeah. Okay,” She said a few things before I handed the phone to my mom.
“Kellin, what’s going on?” Vic asked. I felt tears prick at my eyes. “I-I don’t really know,” I squeaked.
“Mhm…okay, yes. I will,” mom said and hung up. Vic looked up at her expectantly.
“They want to see you,” she said, confusing him. “Why?” What’s wrong?” I turned around in his arms as my hormones took over and started crying quietly into his shirt.
“They want to test you for Leber’s Congenital Amaurosis. It’s a disease for blindness,”
I could feel Vic’s heart beating faster against my chest. “Does the baby have it?” he asked, sounding kind of strangled. “No, but Kellin's a carrier for it, and they want to see if you are too. She said that if you both are, then they baby could have at least a 50% chance of being born blind.”
Vic held onto me tighter, nudging his face into my neck. He held onto me tighter as I cried. “It’ll be okay,” he whispered.
“Vic, I’ll call your mom. You two have an appointment for Monday,”
He nodded and continued to hold me. “Don’t worry. The baby will be fine,” ~
♠ ♠ ♠
i never have anything useful to say down here

title- "I Don't Care If You're Contagious" Pierce the Veil