Status: idek theres a lot man

We Will Never Be the Same

I Close My Eyes and Take a Breath Real Slow

I woke up slowly, my head hurting slightly. “Look who’s awake,” mom said from the kitchen. “Hi,”
She nodded a little and motioned for me to come out there. “Am I grounded?” I asked and went to get myself some water and a few Ibuprophen. “Yes, because you didn’t call me. I was worried about you,” she said.
“Sorry, but um… I was with someone,” I said sheepishly. She nodded at me. “Mhm, I know that. But you still should have called me; even if you were. I’m not mad that you’re having sex Kellin, that’s your decision. But you usually come home after a party, and if you don’t I expect to know where you are,”
I nodded and sat down across from her. “Okay,” She smiled and waited for me to take the three pills before talking.
“So, boy or girl?” she asked with a mischievous glint in her eye. “Boy,” I was used to this. My mom was more like an authoritative best friend than actual mom, and I told her everything. I had even told her about losing my virginity.
“And how was he?” I laughed, blushing slightly. “Good. Really good actually,”
“But you were safe, right?” I nodded and sipped at my water. “Of course I was, and, didn’t you already ask me that?” Mom nodded and glared at me.
“Yes, but you were slightly intoxicated. I’m just making sure,” I nodded again. “Well we were,” She seemed satisfied with that.
“Okay. So, do I know this boy?” she asked. “No, he’s just a boy from school. But he’s really hot, and it was his party,”
Mom raised her eyebrows at me. “You slept with the host? How shameful,” I laughed at her teasing.
“Yes I did,” She laughed too and shook her head. “Alright you. Go on up and shower,”
I slid off the stool and out of the kitchen to run up to my room. “And you’re still grounded!” ~

Approximately 1 month later

I fell to my knees seconds before heaving. My stomach rolled horribly as I threw up my entire breakfast. “Kellin?” my mom asked through the door as I vomited again.
“Kell, baby, can I come in?” she asked. I just emptied the rest of my stomach in answer.
She sat down behind me as I flushed and wiped my mouth with a washcloth. “What’s the matter honey? Are you sick?” I nodded and sat back.
“You don’t feel warm,” she said, touching my forehead and cheeks. I didn’t have time to answer before I had to throw up again. Her cool hands pushed my hair out of the way and held it back for me.
I kept vomiting until barely anything came up. I felt hot and cold at the same time, my body covered in a thin layer of sweat. “Maybe there’s something going around,” mom said and touched my forehead again.
I shivered unpleasantly and settled back against the tiled floor. “I’ll go call the school, sweetheart. You go back to bed,” I nodded and let her help me up before heading back to my room.
I felt awful, and like I wanted to die. My movements were shaky, and I felt so weak after being sick.
I fell into bed, mom coming in a few minutes later with a bucket. She set it down before carefully sitting down and trying not to shake me.
“Do you want some soup or tea?” she asked and rubbed my side gently. I just shook my head. “What about saltines and ginger ale?” I shook my head again.
“No…but can I have some water?” She nodded and stood up, kissing my hair before she left. I closed my eyes, breathing deeply to try and settle my stomach.
“Here baby,” mom said and set my water down. “I’m gonna cancel my appointments, so just call me if you need anything,” I shook my head.
“Mom you don’t have to do that. I’ll be fine,” I said. “Oh please. Like I’m gonna leave you here like this,”
I smiled a little. I knew she wouldn’t leave. “So, you try to get some rest, and if you feel too weak, just use the bucket,” I nodded and closed my eyes as she left.
I sipped my water and then lay down, okay for a few minutes. My stomach still hurt, but it was manageable suddenly. I closed my eyes again and tried to sleep, interrupted by my stomach rolling.
Shit. ~

I went downstairs, my sleeve covering my mouth. I hadn’t thrown up in a while, but I still felt nauseas. “Hey, you’re up,” mom said and smiled at me.
“Still not feeling well?” I shook my head and went to sit beside her on the couch.
I had my comfiest clothes on; a really loose, long sleeved shirt that was thin and soft, and a pair of blue, cotton sweatpants that hung lowly on my hips.
“Aw, I’m sorry sweetie,” she said softly and rubbed my side. “Make it stop,” I whined. I hated being sick, and throwing up was the worst.
It always made me feel miserable and tired, but also hungry and sick at the same time. I absolutely hated it.
“I wish I could. You just have to wait it out,” I frowned and hid my face into her chest. She cooed and kissed the top of my head.
“Are you hungry at all?” I shook my head, despite the fact that I was. Usually when I had this, I couldn’t keep anything down, so I wasn’t going to try.
“Okay. Well…what can I do for you?” I shrugged lightly and sat up, a little too fast.
“Shit,” I muttered and shot up from the couch. I ran to our bathroom, just barely making it in time.
I threw up what little bit of stuff was in my stomach and then sat down on the floor. “Why me?” I whined and looked at my mom in the doorway.
She laughed at me and handed me a glass of water. I was always kind of over-dramatic when I was sick. “Everyone gets sick honey,” she said softly.
“Why don’t you go back to bed? I’ll bring you some soup later,” I nodded and very slowly stood up to ascend the stairs. ~

I woke up the next day, feeling exactly the same as before; nauseas and like I was going to throw up all the time. I groaned and tried to fall back to sleep before my body realized that I was awake and made me sick again.
Oh no…please not again.
I groaned and leant over the side of the bed to violently throw up into the bucket waiting there.
I praised my mom for that, because there was no way I would have made it to the bathroom.
“Kellin?” Mom walked in then and frowned. “I thought I heard you. Still sick?” I nodded and pouted. “Hm, maybe I should call the doctor,” she said to herself and picked up the bucket.
“I can do that,” I said and sat up shakily. “No. Now would you just let me take care of you?”
I laughed a tiny bit and sighed. “Okay. Thanks,” she nodded and wrinkled her nose before leaving the room. ~

“Hey kiddo, how are you feeling?” mom asked as I came into the kitchen. “Okay. I don’t feel sick,” She smiled at me.
“That’s good honey. Are you going to school?” I nodded and grabbed the pack of crackers from our closet. “Good choice,” she said and laughed.
“Yeah, I don’t really want to eat anything that’ll make me sick,” I said. “Okay. Well, go get ready for school and I’ll drive you,” I nodded and nibbled my crackers as I went to get dressed.
I changed into a pair of dark jeans and a tank top, pulling a hoodie over it. I had showered last night, so thankfully I didn’t look too bad.
I slid my toms onto my feet and grabbed my bag before heading back down the steps. Mom handed me a bottle of water and got her purse.
“Thanks,” I took a few sips to wash down the dry cracker taste, and followed her out to the car. We drove quietly while I ate my breakfast.
“Call me if you feel bad again, okay?” I nodded and set my stuff into the cup holder. “Love you,” I said before getting out of the car.
“Love you too,” I heard her say back before the door closed. I headed into school, going directly to my locker.
“Hey, where have you been?” Justin asked, a second later. “I was sick. Why?” He shrugged.
“I don’t I just missed you. I didn’t have anyone to talk to all day,” I smiled and opened my locker. “Aw, thanks Jus. I missed you too,” I said.
“Good, because history really sucked without you. I mean seriously, how is the french revolution supposed to be interesting?” I laughed and shook my head. “Beats me. I’m glad I missed it though,”
I got a glare for that. “Yeah well we have a test on Friday,” I groaned. “Ew, I don’t wanna. I’m gonna fail,” Justin laughed at me this time.
“Don’t worry, you can copy off of me,” Justin said, grinning. “Yay, I’m gonna fail,” He shoved me lightly, grinning.
“Probably,” I laughed and pulled a few books out of my locker before slamming it shut.
Justin hooked his arm through mine and then led me down the hall to our homeroom. We both sat down in our assigned seats and started talking again.
“So what was wrong with you?” he asked. “You don’t want to know,” He pouted at that. “Yes I do. I asked you,” I made a face, but sighed and told him.
“Ew, gross, I didn’t want to know that,” he said. “Didn’t I just tell you that?” He shrugged and then grinned at me.
“Well anyway, I’m glad you’re feeling better,” I nodded my agreement.
The bell rang, half of the class filing in. “Good morning everyone,” Mr. Samuels said and turned to the computer. No one answered as he started taking roll.
“Ah, Mr. Bostwick, lovely to see you again,” he said, making everyone look at me.
I nodded a little and then blushed down at my desk. He finished going over who was here and who wasn’t before standing up and handing out a stack of papers.
They were bright blue, with the words ‘Winter Formal’ written in giant letters across the top.
“Ooh, another dance,” Justin said, making me laugh. We had the winter formal every year, although only freshmen and sophomores went because of Prom.
We also had homecoming in October, so there really wasn’t a point to it. “You’re not gonna go, right?” Justin asked me. “No, why would I?” He shrugged lightly. “Just making sure,” he said. “Mhm, besides I went to homecoming with you, so why would I need to go to this?”
He shrugged again. “I was just asking Kell, gees,” I frowned and looked away, surprised by my own rude comment.
“Alright, class is dismissed……now,” Mr. Samuels said, releasing us. The bell rang a second later, flooding the hall with students.
I left the flyer on my desk and walked out, kind of irritated for no reason. ~
♠ ♠ ♠
so here is chapter two

kinda lame
sorry

title- "Hell Above" Pierce the Veil