Status: idek theres a lot man

We Will Never Be the Same

Being Different

“Kellin, Vic, wake up,” mom said and nudged my bed. “Mhm?” I groaned and hid my face into Vic.
I heard her laugh lightly as I cuddled up against him. “Kellin. Vic, get up,” she said again.
“No,” She sighed, and I heard a camera snap. “Hey,” She laughed again. “Well get up. You have an appointment in an hour,”
I sighed and sat up before shaking Vic gently. “Hm?” he muttered and looked up at me adorably.
His sleepy eyes met mine. “Okay you two. Let’s get downstairs,”
Vic and I both whined, but got out of bed. He pulled on a pair of sweatpants and went downstairs behind us.
I sat down on one of the stools, Vic sitting beside me. “Nice hickey,” mom said and smirked at me.
I smiled sheepishly and covered my neck. “Um, I burned myself?” She laughed and nodded.
“Uh huh, sure. So did you burn yourself too?” she asked Vic, making him blush. “U-um, maybe?”
She laughed and opened the carton of eggs to make breakfast. “I’m not judging,” she said and picked up an egg. “But if you two are trying to be inconspicuous, you should probably hide the matching love bites,”
I laughed a little and glanced at Vic. “Probably,” he agreed. Mom cracked the egg, and I watched as the gooey contents spilled out of the shell.
My stomach heaved as it fell into the bowl, and I was running to the bathroom before either of them could even notice.
“Kellin,” mom called. I threw up violently, Vic leaning down behind me to rub my back. He kissed my shoulder blade, and gently rubbed up and down my sides.
I kept vomiting until nothing else would come up. “Okay now?” Vic asked as I shakily leant back against him.
“Mhm,” I mumbled. “What made you sick?” he asked softly and wrapped his arms around me.
“The eggs,” I said. “Oh. I could ask your mom to toss them?” I shook my head. “I’ll be fine, as long as they’re cooked. The raw ones just messed me up,”
Vic nodded and kissed my hair before he helped me up. I washed my hands and then let him lead me out to the kitchen. “Don’t worry,” mom said as we came back out. “I put the eggs in the pan, and I’m making toast for you,”
I smiled and eased onto the chair again. “Thanks,” she nodded. “I forgot baby. Eggs used to make me sick too,” Vic rubbed my thigh gently and then moved to kiss my cheek.
Mom put the eggs onto to plates for the two of them, and then handed me my toast and a small bottle of ginger ale.
“Thanks mom,” She nodded. “I’ll drive you two then, but Vic can go in with you,”
I nodded and looked at him with a smile on my lips. We all ate slowly, me kind of slower than them.
“Alright, now, you two go get dressed, and meet me down here,” Vic and I nodded and headed up to my room.
We watched each other get dressed, our eyes lingering on each other.
Vic and I brushed our hair at the same time, and then our teeth, and went back downstairs to mom.
“Ready to go?” she asked. I nodded and bent to slide my shoes on. A wave of nausea passed over me, and I leant against Vic. “Kellin?” he asked and held onto me.
“I’m okay,” I said quietly. “I just got a little dizzy,” He held me against him while I steadied myself.
“I’m okay,” They both watched me worriedly, even after I had assured them I was fine 100 times.
We drove to the doctors, mom going to the desk to check me in. Vic sat down beside me in one of the waiting chairs and slotted his fingers with mine.
“Are you nervous?” he asked. “Um, a little, although I don’t know why. I think I’m more excited than nervous,”
Vic smiled and kissed my cheek.
Mom came back with a clipboard and started writing down all of my information.
“Kellin Bostwick?” some tiny blonde nurse called. I looked up, Vic and I dragging Vic with me.
She smiled at me and then turned around. “This’ll be your room,” she said and led us to one of the rooms.
It was white, and looked like a normal doctor’s office. “Okay, if you’ll just wait here, the doctor will be in soon,” she said and left the room.
I slid up onto the bench, Vic sitting in one of the uncomfortable-looking chairs across from me. He smiled at me happily.
Someone walked in then while looking at a clipboard. “Hi Kellin, I’m Dr. Marina,” the woman said and smiled at me.
“Hi,” I said back.
“I’ve been made aware of your situation Kellin, I hope you’ll be comfortable with my being your doctor.”
I nodded. She seemed nice enough, and I didn’t get any creepy vibes.
“Okay well let’s get into this then. How have you been feeling lately?” she asked.
“Um, well I’ve been throwing up a lot, and nauseas most of the time. Other than that though, I’m okay,” She nodded and sat down in the swivel chair to write on the second page of the clipboard.
“And how have you been emotionally?” she asked, not looking up. “Okay. I’ve been pretty happy lately,” I said and smiled at Vic. He smiled back and then nodded towards the doctor.
“Alright. And do you have any complaints or worries?” she asked. “Um…none that I can think of. Should I be?”
Dr. Marina shook her head. “Okay, and do you have any questions for me before we start?”
I bit my lip, a blush covering my cheeks. “Um, I’m not planning to anytime soon, but it is okay to have sex?” I asked, the color of my face deepening with every word.
“Mhm. You might experience some cramping during sex, and possibly after an orgasm, but it’s completely normal. And make sure that if you are having intercourse, to make sure you don’t put much pressure on your abdomen, and to make sure you’re properly supported,” she explained.
“What does that mean?” She crossed one leg over the other before speaking. “I mean that if you’re going to be lying down during sex, then to make sure you’re not lying flat. The easiest way would be to prop a pillow under your lower back, although that position will get more and more and more difficult as you get bigger,”
I nodded in understanding. “Okay…. Um…what vitamins should I take?” I asked. “You can take whatever vitamins you know to be most compatible with your own body, as long as they contain the important ingredients,”
I nodded again. “Is that all?”
She smiled and shook her head. “No, I do have to do a few tests on you. I’m going to check your general health, height, weight, and blood pressure. Then I’ll have you do urine test for me, and a blood test.”
I cringed and then nodded. “Okay,” She smiled slightly and asked me to stand against the wall.
She measured my height and wrote it down before pointing to the scale. I glared at it before stepping onto it.
She made me stand up straight and then looked at the number. “Okay Kellin, back up on the table,”
I did as she asked and slid back onto it so she could take my blood pressure.
I always hated these things. She slid the black cuff onto my arm and then Velcro-ed it shut.
She started pumping the little thing on the end, making it get tighter and tighter. I cringed as the feeling left my arm for a second and then it was suddenly back to normal.
“Perfect,” Dr. Marina said. “Now if you could take that and go to the bathroom down the hall?”
I cringed again. “Okay,” I honestly didn’t want to do this. She handed me a small plastic cup, and then shooed me out of the room.
I hurried back, making sure Vic couldn’t see as I gave it to her. There was nothing sexy about that.
“Okay. And then I’ll send the nurse in to draw some blood,” I bit my lip nervously as she left the room. “What’s wrong?” Vic asked, speaking for the first time.
“I don’t like blood,” I said. “Oh. Um,” Vic stood up and kissed my cheek, before he slid his hand into mine.
“Well I’ll be right here,” I smiled and leaned into him. “Thanks,” Vic nodded happily.
The nurse came in then, with a little tray. She set it down beside me, not noticing the way I got nervous.
There was a yellow tourniquet on it and three little tubes. They had a needle next to it that ended openly.
“Ready?” she asked. I nodded, even though I wasn’t. The nurse wrapped the band around my arm tied it tightly to cut off the blood flow.
Vic turned my face towards his, forcing me to look at him. “Sweetheart?” I nodded and tried to even out my breathing. I felt her cold hands on my arm, and then the pinch of the needle into my skin.
I took deep breaths to try and calm myself, and waited for it to be over.
After a minute or so, she stopped and tied something else around my arm. I felt the tourniquet disappear, and then looked over.
She ignored me as she left the room, carrying the little vials of my blood directly in view. I hopped off of the bench as the door closed, making it to the sink in the corner of the room in time to vomit.
Vic was there again, gently rubbing my back and pulling the ends of my hair away from my face.
I emptied out the rest of my breakfast and then quickly rinsed the sink with soapy water as Dr. Marina walked back in. “Oh, I’m sorry,” she said, obviously realizing I had been sick.
I frowned guiltily. “Why don’t you have a seat?” she asked. “We’re mostly done, but I wanted to talk about a few things,” I nodded and sat down in one of the chairs beside Vic.
“I’m sorry for ignoring you in before,” Dr. Marina said to him. “But Kellin was the main focus of the appointment. I assume that you’re the father?”
Vic nodded. “Okay then. And do the two of you know when you may have initially conceived?” I bit my lip, trying to remember the exact date.
“Um…I think it was February 20th?” I said. “I don’t remember exactly,” She nodded and wrote it down.
“Okay, well then I would approximate that you are five weeks pregnant, depending on when you specifically conceived,” I nodded, having figured the same thing. “So, I would like to schedule an appointment with you again in four and a half weeks. How is…April 8th at 11:30 am?” she asked.
“Okay. I’ll tell my mom then,” Dr. Marina nodded. “And I’ll call you sometime this week with your test results. But unless you have any other questions for me, you’re free to go,”
I smiled and stood up. Vic went with me, following back to where my mom was waiting.
“Hey, how did it go?” she asked. “Good, I think. Um, the next one is supposed to be on April 8th at 11:30,” I said.
Mom nodded and stood up to pay for the visit. She spoke to the desk woman for a minute getting the date on a card, and then went out to the card with us
“So? Was te doctor nice?” she asked. “Mhm,” Vic laughed at my blasé tone.
“She seemed to like him, although the nurse made him sick. She showed him his own blood,”
My mom nodded and laughed. “Yeah, Kellin's not much for blood.”
I rolled my eyes at the two of them and then we pulled up at the house. “Okay, well, I’m gonna go take a nap,” I said and went to do just that. ~
♠ ♠ ♠
i really need to chill

title- "Feel" Sleeping With Sirens