Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Octoberwood

Chapter Ten “Undercover”.

Chapter Ten
“Undercover”.
(P.O.V. Of Brian)

The government agents were on our asses all day, we were taken to a small room and forced to work on our school subjects. I knew that something was going on. Something with Krissi and it wasn’t good. We finished our subjects and everyone was dismissed back to their rooms. My eyes met Jimmy’s in the elevator and I gave him a “Meet me in my room” look. We all got off and walked back to our rooms. To go along with things I ordered food and had it brought to the room so the guard outside my door would think I wasn’t suspecting anything. Jimmy landed on his feet on the balcony followed by Matt, Johnny and Zacky. Jimmy had Ashlyn on his back. Matt had Amanda, Johnny had Zoey and Zacky had Lacey. They inched towards the doors and I held up my hands stopping them.

I looked back at the door narrowing my eyes as I heard the agent on his phone. I opened the doors carefully and moved onto the balcony.
“What’s going on?”
Ashlyn whispered crossing her arms and looking serious. I sighed shaking my head.
“We don’t have time! I can’t educate you all on government protocol”.
I hissed looking back over my shoulder and holding up my hand to silence them all listening for the agent. He was still on his phone I turned back to them.
“Really? Since you only just learned about it yourself?”
Matt grinned crossing his arms.
“That isn’t the point I don’t think Krissi is getting out of this alive. The government is smart, they have oracle’s working around the clock telling them about the future events to come! They know something about Krissi, that’s why they’ve labeled her a threat”.
I explained and again held up my hand to silence them listening to the agent. Thankfully he was on the phone. I turned back to them.

“I’m going to call my sister but I need a distraction”.
Jimmy flashed a grin.
“Sounds like fun”.
I nodded to him and the group of them vanished with magic back to their respective rooms. I went back into the room just in time to hear the agent hang up with however he was talking to. When I heard the explosions and Jimmy’s crazy laughing I knew it was time to call my sister. I took out my cell and called her number fast.
“Brian?”
She answered on the first ring. I kept my voice down as I spoke.
“Quartz, I don’t have a lot of time. Krissi’s been labeled a major threat. And she isn’t back yet. You need to get a hold of her father and tell him what’s happening! Tell him everything”.
I said fast looking to the door. I knew Jimmy couldn’t hold him off for long.

“Ok, I’ll do that”.
Quartz said. There was nothing else to say, we both understood what needed doing and hung up without so much as a goodbye. I stashed the cell and started to pace the room. I had done everything I could. And still it wasn’t enough, I needed to find Krissi and get her out of that place. I could tell by the sick feeling in my stomach that something awful was happening to her right now. Jimmy was still creating a distraction long after the phone call was made. I walked out to the balcony and scanned the city. L.A. was huge and the closest government building to the school. I needed to find my way there even if that meant I was labeled a fugitive. Climbing over the railing I used magic and made myself invisible.

I threw myself from the railing landing on my feet with ease as I lifted my gaze. It was a simple trick with air magic. I stood and ran quickly through the back alley ways. Knowing the invisibility spell wouldn’t last long without a charm and I could only keep it up so long without feeling the aftermath which was light headedness and weakness. Sure enough there was agents all around talking to each other in portable witch glasses. I avoided an agent just barely. Climbing the fence I landed on my feet and sprinted towards a building that I knew the agents wouldn’t go near because it was a very human place.

The government was all about putting space between us and them. Some believed it was because of the witch hunters. But now I believed there was more to it than that. The building I had entered was a human government building. The spell wore off and I slumped back against the wall holding my head dropping to one knee. Once I started to get my breath and shake off the after effects of the spell I looked around for someone to swap clothes with. The agents knew what I was wearing which meant I had to change clothes and hide my tattoos.

I saw a man who was probably in his mid-40’s walking out of the elevator. He was looking at his watch and not paying attention to what was going on around him. The suite he was wearing was gray and looked expensive. Drawing my wand I aimed at him speaking the Latin word for confusion. The man stopped in his tracks and dropped the briefcase he was carrying. I walked over grabbing him fast and pulling him into a vacant room using magic again I switched clothes with him. Turning to face my reflection in the window I saw another problem. My hair. The man still stood dazed and I didn’t know how long it would last. Using magic again I did something I never thought I’d do. I cut my hair.

Looking like a completely different person I walked out of the room just as two agents were rushing inside, they looked pissed and I knew it was because they were being forced to enter a human building. I passed them with ease and made my way down the street. Hailing a cab I got in and told the man where to take me. He looked at me with confusion since the Witching Government building was a vacant building as far as humans knew. He drove me to the location and I paid him with a big tip to keep his mouth shut. He drove away and I approached the gates of the vacant lot.

I knew there was no way inside without a key card. And I didn’t know the incantation that would break the security incantation around the lot.
“Forget your card?”
A woman smiled at me as she approached. I turned realizing that she was wearing a suite too. I laughed giving a nod.

“Yeah, not the best way to start my internship”.
I said going along with what she was saying. She swiped the card into the keypad after waving her hand across the gate and making the pad appear.
“Where are you interning?”
She smiled at me. I thought fast on my feet.
“The Interview department”.
She looked back at me and smiled again as the gates open and the incantation died out revealing the massive white building that looked like something out of a futuristic movie.
“Oh, you must be the young man Gwen told me about. She was looking very forward to you coming.”
I smiled at her as we walked up the walkway together entering the building.
“My name is Ester, I am with the reception department. You’ll have to come with me to get a key card and an ID tag”.
She said ushering me towards her office.

This was going a little too well. I wasn’t going to do anything to ruin my cover. Ester continued as she took my fingerprints to put on file and then took my photo for the ID card.
“Can you believe they’ve got that Caldwell girl here today?”
She said with an almost sinister smile.
“Oh yeah?”
I said playing along as the finishing touches were being put on my key card.
“It’s all we can do to keep them out of power, if that girl finds out that she and her family descended from the Queen she could be trouble for us. Rumor has it that she fainted after her initiation ceremony and was taken to the realm of Isis herself”.
She continued turning back to me now.

“But The Overlord never misses anything, he has eyes everywhere and without him we will fall into chaos just like all those years ago. It is important that we eliminate the threats and this Caldwell girl is the biggest threat there is”.
Ester continued handing me my cards, it took everything in me to contain myself. Ester smiled at me.
“Would you like me to escort you to Gwen’s office?”
I shook my head pocketing the cards.
“Actually I’ll be ok on my own”.

Ester nodded to me sitting behind her desk.
“Well, welcome to the building. I look forward to working with you”.
I walked out of the office and headed towards the elevators Krissi’s testing wasn’t a real testing at all, they were going to kill her no matter what result she came out with. Even if she was of value. I kept my cover and followed my gut as to where Krissi was being held. I pushed a button ladled C1 and the elevator came to life.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3