Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Octoberwood

Chapter Thirteen “The Enemy”

Chapter Thirteen
“The Enemy”

Tyler remained standing with his back to me. My heart pounding in my chest as I braced myself trying to convince myself I was ready for what was coming next. Tyler’s lips curved into a smirk as he looked over his shoulder at me.
“Red doesn’t suite you, I think black is more your color”.
He said in a sly tone. I swallowed hard standing my ground trying not to come off as scared. Tyler turned looking at me now as he stood across from me.

“But then, that’s just my opinion.”
He circled me as I remained still not even knowing what to say. Tyler shoved his hands in his pockets.
“Let’s do the math shall we? I have the love and trust of both your father and mentor. The whole Rebellion knows what I’m capable and I’m your father’s prodigy. You, are a weak, pathetic and very sad little girl with a weak stomach”.
He smirked at me.

I narrowed my eyes at him.
“Isis was a foolish woman to believe her will was beyond my reach. I am a very powerful breed of my own. Being Psychic is about more the predictions and other manner of fortune telling. It means knowing what the enemy does before it happens. Giving me the ability to read the minds of even our goddess. It means that I am far more gifted then you will ever be with your “heightened awareness”. So, to recap I am everything you fear, and you are just a little girl chosen by a goddess to be sacrificed”.

I swallowed hard looking up at him.
“Sounds like over compensation to me”.
I said trying to stay strong. Tyler laughed at me before his eyes turned cold and I flew backwards without him moving at all, I felt a vice grip around my throat. Wincing in pain as I looked at him with wide eyes. My feet no longer on the ground. Tyler smirked at me standing in front of me.
“Ever seen the movie Carrie? Telekinesis is very strong. I can rip your body to pieces just by thinking about it Krissi”.

He smiled and I opened my mouth to scream as I felt a strong pull on both my arms like they were about to be ripped from my body. Tyler never lost his smile.
“So fuck with me little girl. See how far you get”.
He whispered next to my ear petting my hair before I fell to the ground gasping for air coughing violently. I looked up at him and he grinned down on me.

“Welcome to Rebellion Krissi”.
He turned on that note and walked away. I winced getting up holding my stomach.
“You won’t brake me”.
Tyler stopped as I called after him. He looked back at me and smiled.
“No, I won’t. That’s the beautiful part, you’re already broken”.
He said and I knew what he was really getting at. My abandonment issues. He smirked winking at me before walking away. I winced slumping back against the wall tears coming to my eyes.

“Hey there you are!”
I opened my eyes looking at Matt and he grinned at me but his smile faded when he saw how pail and weak I was. I slumped forwards into him and he was quick to sweep me up into his arms. Matt’s arms were strong and warm, I felt safe but not in that romantic way. While most girls swooned over him I was immune to his romantic appeal. It was like a super power or something. I felt no attraction to him what so ever.

“I’m ok”.
I tried to assure him. Matt laughed shaking his head.
“Your face is fucking green, you’re going to vomit”.
I winced again as Matt finally reached a point where he could set me down. He pulled my hair back just when I threw up again into the toilet. He sat on his knees behind me.

“Must still be from the food you ate there. They poison it enough to make you sick, but not enough to kill you”.
Matt said handing me a wet cloth. I groaned in response. Sighing and unable to get up I slumped against the tub, Matt sitting next to me as my head rested on his shoulder.
“So, what happened with you and Tyler?”
Matt asked, I looked up at him then away shaking my head.
“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you”.
Matt looked at me with a serious gaze in those hazel eyes of his that made my best friend swoon.
“Try me”.
He said in a serious tone that matched his eyes. I sighed closing my eyes not responding.
“Ever seen the movie Carrie?”
He quoted and I sat up looking up at Matt.

“You saw”.
I whispered, Matt nodded to me.
“I saw what that mother fucker did to you yeah, and I heard everything”.
I shook my head vigorously as I gripped his arm.
“You have to forget Matt he’ll kill you if he finds out!”
Matt sighed running a hand back through his short hair.

“I know you’ve never experienced this before. But I don’t turn my back on my friends. He won’t hurt me”.
Matt said. I frowned at him tears coming to my eyes.
“I need to find a spell to make you forget, he’s Psychic! Really Psychic and”.
Matt cupped his hand over my mouth.
“Do you know what a Shield is?”
He smirked at me. I blinked at him not responding.
“Well it isn’t like that whole Twilight thing”.
He started.

I smirked at him.
“You’ve read twilight?”
Matt groaned.
“No, but Amanda did make me watch the movies. Anyway. It isn’t about projection or any of that shit. But it does mean I am immune to psychic’s they can’t foresee anything to do with me. I’m kind of like a blind spot. You can’t see my aura or sense anything about me right?”
I nodded to him.
“Yeah, you’re kind of a blur if I look at you through my third eye”.
Matt smirked at me.
“That’s because I’m immune to psychics. All forms of them. But being a shield is also like being the right to a center”.
Matt said rubbing the back of his neck. I sat back groaning inwardly.
“Oh please don’t tell me”.

Matt shrugged.
“I’m your right, which means you’re my Center. I sensed you were in danger, saw what Tyler did to you and that’s when all my abilities about being unreadable made sense. I can also manipulate sonic sound waves and have impossible strength”.
He said helping me stand. I frowned at him crossing my arms.
“Matt, Amanda’s my best friend, and she’s really into you”.
I said feeling guilty. Matt laughed shaking his head.
“This isn’t anything romantic. Besides Brian would kick my ass if it was”.
He explained. I blushed at the thought of Brian.
“But Tyler is going to be onto us if he reads me”.
Matt sighed shaking his head.
“That’s why I’m not going to let him read you”.

I felt confused now more than ever as we walked together down the long hallway. Looking up at him I sighed.
“But you can’t project that ability to anyone else”.
Matt nodded.
“True, but I can imprint my energy on an object the owner of that object would then be unreadable like me”.

We continued walking and I shoved my hands in my pockets shaking my head lightly.
“I won’t involve you in this”.
Matt and I kept walking, he smiled that boyish carefree smile looking back at me.
“Isis isn’t giving either of us a choice. So give me the locket and I’ll imprint my energy on it and he won’t be able to read you”.
Matt said as we stood across from each other in the hall. I moved to walk away when Matt grabbed me and I squealed trying to get away. Matt laughing.
“Hand it over!”
He laughed. I struggled.

“Get lost Shadows!”
I laughed trying to escape his grip, he grabbed for my locket and I squealed as we fell to the ground. I was pinned down by Matt and his quick reflexes both of us laughing until Matt’s eyes lifted and his smile faded.
“What in the fuck?”
Brian snarled looking between us. I tipped my head back looking up at Brian. Matt got up fast moving to help me up but Brian blocked his path.
“What the fuck are you doing Shadows?”
Brian’s voice was cold as he stood between us as if he was challenging Matt now. Matt sighed crossing his arms.

“We were just messing around Brian”.
Brian’s eyes narrowed.
“Oh I get it, messing around with the girl you know I’d die for”.
Matt’s eyes narrowed at him.
“I didn’t mean it like that Brian, I have a girlfriend of my own”.
Brian growled shoving Matt backwards.
“Then go mess around with her!”
Matt rolled his eyes at Brian’s harsh words looking back at me.

“I’ll come by later and get what I need from you”.
He said. I groaned inwardly. Matt was not making this any better. Brian tensed up narrowing his eyes between us.
“Oh, I get it. Well why don’t you get what you need from her now! Hell! Why don’t you two just make out here in the hall?”
Brian growled. I got up reaching for his arm but he jerked away from me. And looked at me with cold eyes.
“Clearly there is nothing between us. I guess it was my mistake”.
Brian stormed off.

“Brian!”
I called after him. Matt shook his head.
“Don’t worry about him. He’s better off anyway, he won’t get caught up in things this way”.
I removed my locket and gave it to Matt without a word turning on my heels I rushed down the hall to the room I knew to be mine. Closing the door. And for what felt like the millionth time that day, I broke down crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3