Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Octoberwood

Chapter Fifteen “Escape”

Chapter Fifteen
“Escape”
P.O.V. Of Matt

Seconds before the doors could close I looked back at Amanda and the others. My eyes remaining on Amanda, I knew what I needed to do. What Isis wanted of me. It was time for me to do my job and protect my center form the man who wanted to destroy her.

“I love you”.
I mouthed to Amanda who gaped at me tears in her eyes, but she understood giving a nod. I dove through the doors before they closed and felt myself falling into the water below. Krissi’s body was sinking. I knew she couldn’t swim. Swimming down I grabbed her up in my arms and swam towards the surface. The gauntlet wavered as the reality we were transported into was being altered from the outside. I swam with Krissi until I reached the beach looking around for an escape portal.

Krissi coughing up water as she started to come around. She looked up at me like I was crazy, I smirked at her helping her up.
“Come on. There is an escape. If I know my gauntlets right, I think that Yuri kid is altering the space for us.”
I said as Krissi stumbled after me. I had to carry her towards the opening that appeared just as a pack of vampires were coming at us. We hit the ground in the garage. I looked up seeing we were alone.

“Matt!”
Yuri called running towards us. I looked back at him scooping Krissi up who was still dazed and couldn’t make sense of anything around her. Yuri tossed me the keys to a car.
“Go, I’ll hold em off”.
Krissi frowned at him.
“Yuri, what about you?”

Yuri smirked at her.
“Don’t worry, I’ll find you again, I promise”.
I rushed with Krissi towards a blue sports car that had the same sports car look as all the others. I put Krissi in the passenger seat starting the car up. Sure enough Tyler rounded the corner standing with Krissi’s father who looked on at us confused. He had no idea what was really happening. Krissi looked out at him tears in her eyes. I sped from the Rebellion building without looking back. Krissi looked over at me tears rolling down her cheeks.
“We can never go back can we?”
I kept my hands on the wheel.

“No, we can’t not as long as Tyler is in control”.
Krissi nodded. I knew her pain, leaving my friends and the woman I loved behind hurt like hell. But Krissi was my priority now. The one I was meant to guard with my life. And I would answer Isis’s request by doing as she asked of me. I drove until we were out of California altogether. Pulling over at a motel on the side of the road I sighed looking over at her.
“Do you have any cash on you?”
Krissi shook her head lightly. I rummaged in my pocket and had enough to get us a room for the night. We’d figure everything out in the morning.

I ended up passing out on my bed once we got back to the room. When I woke it was morning and I could smell food. I sat up looking over at Krissi as she was standing in front of the mirror looking at herself. Her hair wasn’t purple anymore. It was strawberry blond, and fell in loose flowing waves. She was wearing different clothes too.
“How did you manage that?”
I asked with a yawn sitting up. Krissi smiled at me.
“Psychic readings, turns out this place is full of people who have interest in Psychic readings”.
I gaped at her for a moment.

“What?”
I said getting to my feet noticing the bag of clothes she had for me.
“How much did your charge?”
I asked looking back to Krissi. She turned back to me holding out a box of food to me.
“A hundred bucks per person. I made about eight hundred. Had enough for new clothes food and still have some left over”.
I laughed to myself sitting down.
“Shit, so now what? We make a living off your powers?”
Krissi sighed sitting down on her bed.

“We have enough to catch a bus out of the country”.
She said. I started eating and nearly choked at her suggestion. She met my eyes and I knew it wasn’t her first choice either. But we needed somewhere to lay low and build up her powers. And we still needed to find her left side too. The one to whom she goes to for advice and trusts with her deepest secrets. Without that other part we were going to be in a state of chaos.
“I know it’s not your first choice, but I think your right Krissi. The farther we get away from Tyler the less likely he is to read you psychically”.
I said.

Plus she was with me and there was no way he could get inside her head as long as I was close to her. I finished eating and changed into the black V-neck t-shirt and jeans Krissi got me with a bombers jacket. We drove towards the bus station. Buying tickets for the bus into Canada we waited for the bus to arrive. Just as the bus arrived Krissi and I stood ready to go when someone called out.

“Wait!”
I turned gaping at Jimmy who looked out of breath. Krissi blinked confused as she looked at him. Jimmy wheezed trying to get his breath back.
“I have to go with you, I’m your Left”.
Jimmy grinned. This completely blew my mind, of all the people in the world to be Krissi’s adviser, Jimmy was chosen. The craziest guy I knew. Krissi nodded to him looking back to me. I bought Jimmy a ticket and the three of us got onto the bus.

“Why didn’t the others come with you?”
I asked looking at Jimmy. He smirked to himself.
“Cause I didn’t tell them I was going. Everyone was thrown into chaos over you two bailing. They were so busy trying to use location spells and shit they didn’t notice I left. So where are we going?”
Jimmy asked looking between us.

“Canada, we need to get as far from Tyler as we can until Krissi’s stronger”.
Krissi didn’t respond. I knew she was hurting over having to leave her father behind with Tyler. And even if she wouldn’t admit it I knew she was missing Brian like crazy.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3