Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Octoberwood

Chapter Sixteen “Two years later”

Chapter Sixteen
“Two years later”

It had been two years since that day Matt and I fled Rebellion and the Witching government. Of course we had to lay low for a time. Jimmy joining up with us at the bus station was unexpected but I knew now, if it wasn’t for Jimmy, I’d have gone insane long ago. We laid low in Canada for six months having found a cottage in the woods far away from people. Because we had magic there was no need to really leave the cabin for anything other than food. Then the dream came, Isis appeared to me and told me the only way I would ever become stronger is if I used my gifts to help others.

So the guys and I got to work, I became an exorcist for hire. While Matt and Jimmy worked as security and handling the clients. That was when we moved to London England. And where I met my mentor, Father Fredric. He helped me with demonology and learning how to use prism the right way. Of course it gave me thoughts of my father and missing him. I’d hoped he’d be my mentor. But it wasn’t like he really needed me around with a new wife and new baby on the way.

It was raining which was the usual weather pattern for London. I scanned the pages of the book I was reading, it was a new spell book that was meant for prism users. There is still so much that goes unknown about prism users. I was listening to Nocturnal Bloodlust “Punch me if you can” on my I-pod. While Matt slept in the seat next to mine. I lifted my gaze to Jimmy who grinned as he took his seat, his thick black framed glasses made him look smarter. He leaned forwards taking out an earbud from my ear and grinned.
“So still swooning over that Hiro guy?”
He teased, I rolled my eyes turning off my music and sighing as I took out the other earbud. It was obvious Jimmy had something he wanted to talk about.

“What is it Jimmy?”
I asked closing my book. He smirked at me.
“Well, you know, the town we’re going to has an old movie house, you know those ones from the 20’s you talk about, I thought we could check it out together”.
I smiled at him looking over to Matt and nudging him lightly to wake him.
“Matt”.
I hissed, He groaned cracking an eye open.
“What?”
I smiled at him turning to face him.
“Jimmy says the new town has one of those 1920 movie houses can we go please?”
Matt rolled his eyes.
“Krissi, we have to keep a low profile, Father Fredric is meeting us with a mission”.
Matt scolded. I frowned at him resting my head on his shoulder.

“Plewees Mattie?”
I pouted in a cute exaggerated tone. Matt sighed shaking his head.
“Fine, we’ll go”.
Jimmy looked between us.
“Oh um, so Matt’s coming too?”
I smiled at him giving a light laugh.
“Of course Jimmy, Matt’s our friend too”.
Jimmy shot Matt a look that I didn’t quite understand, but Matt did as he snickered at Jimmy shaking his head. I opened my book going back to reading. I liked life in London, mostly for the trains. I am obsessed with them, I guess you could say I find them romantic. I always dreamed of meeting my true love on a train. I started listening to music again while Jimmy and Matt talked animatedly about something. I couldn’t hear them over Hiro’s voice and the wailing guitar sounds.

We arrived at the small apartment Father Fredric rented for us. I sighed kicking off my boots and stretching.
“I need a shower”.
I said heading towards the bathroom. Jimmy grinned at me.
“You know we could save water if we showered together you and I”.
Jimmy said flexing his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes shaking my head.

“Nice try Sullivan”.
I said closing the door and locking it. In our two years together, Matt and Jimmy had really become like brothers to me. I loved them both to death and they were as close to family as I had. I would be lying if I said my mind wasn’t on Brian 24/7 though. But last I heard from Jimmy anyway was that Brian has himself a girlfriend and was happy. That was all I could really ask for. After showering I wrapped a towel around myself and headed to my room while Matt and Jimmy were in the kitchen attempting to cook.

I walked into my room kicking the door shut behind me and rummaging through the clothing I had. I stopped seeing a really beautiful amethyst purple flapper dress hanging in the closet. It made me smile and at the same time made me miss my purple hair. I took it out of the closet figuring there was no harm in dressing up even if I looked like a complete nerd.
“Krissi hurry up!”
Matt called sounding annoyed, he’d obviously failed at cooking again. Which meant we’d have to stop and get something to eat on the way to the movie house. I changed into the dress styling my hair right for the time period and slipped into the shoes. After applying some red lipstick and eyeliner I filed out of the room.

“Tada!”
I laughed. Matt smirked crossing his arms.
“You’re insane”.
I giggled at him. Jimmy gaped at me a slight smirk came to his lips.
“You look hot”.
I smiled at his compliment turning back to Matt.
“I don’t think that was a term used back then Jimmy”.
Matt corrected as he offered his arm to me. I took his arm walking with him from the apartment. It wasn’t often when I got to dress up so when I found a chance to do it I liked to. We walked down the street stopping at a restaurant so Matt could eat before going to the movie house. I looked up at the building feeling my heart swell with delight.

“Wow, the history here has to be amazing!”
I took out my cell phone snapping some photos of the building. Matt shoved his hands in his pockets standing on the other side of me.
“I thought the reason for coming here was to go inside”.
He looked at me with a sly grin. I rolled my eyes at his comment walking towards the booth where tickets were sold. The guy in the bellhop costume smiled at me.
“Wow, we don’t often get many people here that take this time period seriously”.
He complicated. Matt laughed taking the tickets.

“Yeah she’s lost her mind”.
I kicked him in the butt with the tip of my shoe. He laughed at me draping his arm around my shoulders as we walked inside. To my complete delight the movie that was playing that night was an old gangster’s flick. I didn’t know why, but black and white movies were always my favorite. Before the story got lost behind visual effects and high-tech crap like that I guess. As we were watching the movie I found myself getting caught up in the romance between the good rich girl and the mob guy. I was kind of rooting for her to run away with him despite what her aristocrat father said.

Matt was sleeping in his seat next to me while Jimmy watched the movie but messed around with his phone more than anything. I handed him the popcorn and smiled.

“I’ll be back”.
I said getting up making my way towards the lady’s room. As I walked inside I felt someone or something grab me and pull me into a stall a hand clamped over my mouth. My eyes widened as I looked up at Saphrin. She gave me a hard look as if to tell me not to scream before removing her hand from my mouth. The door opened and Amethyen walked in.
“Shit Saphrin I told you not to scare her!”
I looked between them completely confused. Amethyen smiled at me.
“I’m sorry about her, she does things the hard way”.
Amethyen began before trailing off looking me up and down.
“Why are you dressed like a flapper girl?”

I frowned at her.
“Because I thought the dress was pretty and I don’t get to dress up as much”.
I said in a flat but slightly freaked out tone. Saphrin narrowed her eyes at Amethyen.
“We aren’t here to talk about clothing! Krissi, something bads happened. Rebellion was purged!”
I looked between them feeling confused.
“Purged? You mean found out?”
Amethyen nodded.
“Everyone was taken, including your father. And we need your help to get them out, it’s your life for there’s”.
Amethyen said. That was when it dawned on me. They weren’t here to save the others, they were here because they were sent after me to bring me in.

“You’ve converted”.
I said looking between them. As they both grabbed for me I moved fast like Matt taught me slamming my elbow hard into Amethyen’s face braking her nose I turned on Saphrin as she lunged for me and summoned up a powerful spell speaking in Latin sending her crashing backwards through the stalls.
I ran from the lady’s room using a sealing spell on the door so they couldn’t follow me. Matt met me in the lobby with Jimmy. There was no time for explanations. We bolted from the movie house through the back doors taking the alleyways back to the apartment. Once we were safe my legs gave out and

I dropped down tears rolling down my cheeks.
“What happened?”
Matt asked placing his hand on my shoulder. I looked at him tears glazed in my eyes.
“Rebellion was purged, they have my dad, Amethyen and Saphrin were converted and came for me”.
I whispered through my tears. Jimmy kneeled down on the other side of me placing his arm around me.

“What do you want to do?”
He asked, Matt shook his head.
“They’ll kill her if we go back. We can’t go back. Krissi maybe Isis will give you answers but we have a mission here people that are counting on us”.
Matt explained. Jimmy narrowed his eyes.
“What about the others?”
Jimmy asked. Matt stood crossing his arms.
“Krissi’s life is priority she’s the deliverer, we keep her alive at all costs.”

I looked between them.
“What if, there was a way to go back and save them without me being killed”.
I said looking up at Matt who sighed.
“Krissi, that isn’t going to happen, we don’t have the man power for something like that”.
Matt said walking over and sitting down on the couch.
“I want to help them too, but like I said, you are my center, your life is in my hands and I won’t risk it. Isis trusts me to keep you alive and that’s exactly what I am going to do”.
Jimmy sighed looking away from me.
“Matt’s right Krissi, your life is priority we can’t risk it”.
Jimmy said agreeing with Matt. I got up hugging myself, I couldn’t believe they were actually willing to let everyone else die for me. That isn’t how I wanted things. Then I started to think about Brian.

“Brian’s life is in danger”.
Matt and Jimmy looked at me with knowing expressions. I turned back to them.
“Krissi, Brian moved on with another girl”.
Jimmy reminded me. He stood taking me in his arms.
“Please don’t do this”.
Jimmy whispered. I smiled at him taking a step back from him.
“Your right, it would be stupid of me to risk my life for someone who obviously moved on”.
I said looking between them.

“I’ll see you guys in the morning when Father Fredric gets here”.
I walked into my room closing the door behind me. Giving a light sigh as I sat on the bed. I didn’t know what to do, Brian’s life was in danger and even if he was with another girl I still wanted to save him. I still loved him.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3