Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Octoberwood

Chapter Eighteen “Love”

Chapter Eighteen
“Love”

After the exorcism I blacked out, everything had been such a blur to me. When I woke again I felt like my head was going to split open. I pushed myself upright bringing my hand to my forehead as I sighed inwardly. That demon had been the strongest one I’ve encountered in two years. It would have to be in order to possess a vampire. I turned towards the window and saw the clear blue sky over head. It was a nice day for once. I got out of bed walking over to the window and pushing the glass balcony doors open emerging onto the balcony. A warm spring wind wrapped around me as if greeting me. A good feeling washed over me and I started to have hope again. Maybe Isis wasn’t wrong about me.

It wasn’t until my thoughts went to Isis that I remembered what Amethyen and Saphrin told me when they tried to kidnap me. The purge. I knew where I needed to go next I needed to save Brian. As I gripped the railing I started to think of a way out without getting caught by Matt and Jimmy.

“Krissi?”
I gasped at the sound of his voice whirling around as tears built in my eyes. Brian stood in the entranceway smiling at me. I threw myself forwards braking how in happy sobs as his arms wrapped around me. I buried my face in his chest as I sobbed. My arms wrapping around him as I gripped the back of his shirt. He kept me close and in a tight embrace.
“How are you here?”
I sniffed looking up at him. He smirked.

“You underestimate me”.
He teased. I shook my head lightly cupping the sides of his face.
“I thought you were gone, I thought they’d killed you. But I didn’t care. I was going back so I could be with you no matter what it took”.
I whispered lightly. Brian smiled at me resting his forehead to mine. He dried my eyes and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.
“I love you, I meant it with all my heart that day I told you in your room two years ago. And now I mean it with my whole existence”.
Brian said as he rested his hands at my jawline. I smiled at him lightly running my hand back through his hair.

“I love you too. With my whole existence”.
I said as he moved in his lips inches from mine. Without hesitation I leaned up locking my lips with his. He smirked under the kiss lifting me up wedding style. I giggled gazing into his eyes. I was consumed in everything that made Brian who he was. It was as if I was reaching beyond the boundaries of what was believed to be the limits possible for loving someone. Like I was making some sort of scientific discovery or something.

“I missed you so much, and I hate to cut our reunion short”.
I said as we held each other. Looking up at him.
“My father, is he alright?”

Brian nodded.
“As far as I know he’s laying low. He’d contact you if he could. He made me promise that I’d find you and keep you from giving yourself up”.
Brian said as he tucked my hair behind my ear. I smiled at him.
“And what about Fayth? I never did get to know her much before Matt and I left”.
Brian kept his arms around me.
“As far as I know she and my sister got away with him. They are laying low in some compound. It’s more underground then rebellion was. Your father thought it was an inside job”.

I sat up turning myself to face Brian. He sat up looking worriedly at me. I bit my lip holding back what I knew. Would he believe me about Tyler? Should I tell him everything? or would he get mad at me again? Brian laced his fingers with mine and my eyes found his again.
“It was an inside job, Tyler he is the overlord, the one who controls everything. Government and the hunters all in one. He’s been eliminating threats to his power for a long time. Isis wanted me to make him pay for the deaths of her children he’s caused with the hunters. But I don’t think she expected him to be connected with the witching government too”.
Brian sighed shaking his head.

“Shit, that little mother fucker.”
Brian said trailing off until his eyes found mine again and he looked scared.
“Did he hurt you?”
Brian asked moving closer to me. I nodded.
“He kicked my ass when I arrived, Matt saw it. That’s how he found out he was my right and I was his center. I don’t know how Jimmy found out he was my left”.
I said as Brian took my hands in his. He looked like a world of guilt washed over him as I told him everything.

“I am so sorry. God why didn’t I see it too?”
I shook my head.
“Because, you were being protected.”
I said slipping my arms around him. Brian pulled me in and I clung to him. I didn’t know how I’d ever do what Isis meant for me to do. But I knew I had to think of a way quickly before more lives were lost.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3