Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Octoberwood

Chapter Nineteen Taken

Chapter Nineteen
Taken

With everything that was happening around me I knew that I still needed to complete the task of facing Tyler and getting rid of him like Isis wanted. I’d gotten stronger with my magic in the past two years that had gone by. But I knew I was nowhere near ready to take Tyler out yet. He was very powerful and I was just powerful. Matt and Amanda were taking some time to themselves as I suggested. I knew they needed that. When Ashlyn and the others arrived I was happy to see all of them. Jimmy sort of introverted and stopped spending so much time obviously projecting his feelings for me.

It was late into the afternoon and everyone was relaxed having a good time. I was sitting outside watching the setting sun with Father Fredric. He looked at me with a knowing expression. He had always been able to read me better than anyone. I was conflicted with thoughts of saving people and the responsibilities that were placed on me.

“You should relax with your friends”.
Father Fredric said looking up from the book he was reading. I smiled at him leaning back in my chair as a cool wind came up brushing against my cheek.
“What makes you think I’m not having fun?”
I asked looking back to my own spell book I was reading. Father Fredric laughed to himself shaking his head as he turned another page.
“If you sit back and let life pass you by you’ll regret it. You may have heavy responsibilities but you also have a young man who continues to look at you longingly. If not for your wellbeing, take a break for his”.

He said nodding towards the main room. I looked back to see Brian looking at me every now and again. I smiled at him closing the spell book I’d been going through. Fredric was right, I had been burying myself in these books since Brian got back. I guess I could take a break. I walked into the main room and approached Brian. He smirked at me as I sat in his lap curling up against him. My head resting to his chest. His arms wrapped around me.

“So, I finally got your attention”.
Brian teased me. I giggled looking up at him as he grazed my cheek with the side of his hand. I nuzzled into his touch placing my hand over his.
“I guess reading too much is bad for you”.
I joked. Brian laughed leaning in closer to me his hand that had once been at my cheek was now resting against my hip. His lips inches from mine.

“You know I could just teach you magic myself”.
He whispered. I giggled smoothing my hand over his cheek our eyes remained locked as our lips were mere inches apart. The anticipation of the kiss was strong.
“We both know our lessons wouldn’t be academically productive”.
I whispered before his lips pressed up on mine. We kissed for what felt like hours but oddly enough didn’t feel like long enough when we were separated by a loud noise in the hall. Brian sighed looking back towards the door. I cupped his cheek turning his face back to me.

“Just ignore it”.
I whispered leaning up and kissing him again. Brian’s arms wrapped around me pressing me back into the couch as we kissed with more intensity now. We wanted nothing more than to just be together. More loud noises sounded down the hall sounding like gunfire this time. Brian and I pulled apart hearing footsteps approaching.
Brian got up moving me back towards the balcony doors.

“Hide”.
He urged as I shook my head at him not wanting to leave him unprotected and alone. Two large men appeared in the doorway looking at us with blank expressions. Then I saw the last person I expected to see. Gwen wearing a silver mask over half her face entered the room. My eyes narrowed as thoughts of my grandmother came back on me.

Gwen seemed to have the same reaction to the sight of me. Wand drawn she entered the room ready to attack if she needed to or if she felt compelled to torture me again. I moved in front of Brian keeping him back behind me despite his efforts to protect me. A sly smirk crossed Gwen’s lips.
“You didn’t think I was going to let you walk away after what you caused did you?”
Gwen said in a sing song tone. Her wand raised ever so slightly. I took a breath extending my arm at her palm open. It wasn’t a wand but it was enough at least that was my hope. Gwen’s smile widened as she looked amused at my weak defence.

“I’m not scared of you! And you’re really stupid for coming here!”
I stated hoping I sounded as strong and brave as I thought I did. Gwen aimed her wand just past me towards Brian who kept his arms around me from behind.
“I think you know how this works Miss Caldwell. Everyone you love will die unless you repent here and now! Join the cause and reclaim your loyalty to the overlord”.
Brian’s life was at risk here, I didn’t know how many people were wounded because of this. I wouldn’t let anyone I loved suffer like Grandma had. I lowered my arm. Gwen getting a satisfied smirk on her lips as I opened Brian’s arms forcing him to release me.

“No! Krissi! Stop this!”
Brian urged as I took a step away from him.
“Kristen!”
He boomed and I looked back at him for the first time in my life I liked the way my name sounded. I blinked back tears smiling at him as the restraints were placed on my wrists and I was forced from the room. Brian tried to put up a fight for me but Gwen blasted him backwards into the wall knocking him out.

I left it all behind, my family, the guy I loved. My protection, Jimmy and Matt. They would be so upset with me. I could already hear Matt scolding me for doing something so stupid. I lifted my gaze towards the government building. The flight back to Huntington and the van ride seemed to pass without any time at all. As I was removed from the van I followed Gwen and the two large men inside. Two more large men following behind me. They took me into the elevator and I didn’t know what floor they were taking me too.

Once we arrived I was taken down a long hallway towards two heavy oak doors. The doors opened by the two bodyguards outside the room and my eyes fixed on Tyler who looked nothing like the loose easy going guy I’d met at Rebellion. His hair slicked back he was wearing a suite that looked expensive. He smirked at the sight of me.

“Somehow I knew you’d see things my way”.
He said sitting behind his desk.
“So glad you’ve decided to repent. It was only a matter of time before you realized the same thing the others did. There is no fighting me. I’m glad I didn’t have to hunt down your father and kill him too”.
Tyler smirked. I kept my eyes on his wishing I could use magic on him. Tyler grinned at me rising to his feet.

“Though, we don’t have a witch like you as part of the order. Of course you have to earn your place in my order. For now take her to where the others are. You work your way from the ground up. If you make it through the trials then maybe I’ll consider allowing you in my order”.
I kept my eyes narrowed but I knew there was no getting out of this now. No one could save me from this place this time. This was it for me. The only way I could get out of this was to fight my way out.
♠ ♠ ♠
This will be the last installment for this story. the others will be coming up soon. I just wanna thank everyone who subscribed and recommended this story. Thanks to all who commented that kept it alive even when I lost faith in my ability to write it the way it needed to be written. I'll have the next part up ASAP.