Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Octoberwood

Chapter Four “Eye Candy”

Chapter Four
“Eye Candy”

It was three months into the first term of our classes. My subjects this term were: “Goddesses and Gods”, “Astrology and Astronomy”. “Spells and Charms”. “Defensive Magic Basic level”. “Witching History”. “Divination”. “Music”. “Fencing” and “Equestrian studies”. It was a full day with Lunches and dinner brakes involved. It was unlike any school I’d ever attended. The fencing was to teach us how to handle wands when we were given them upon graduation. It was a heavy work load and very important. At the end of first term we were supposed to find something to major in, our major would be our focus and determine what kind of witch or warlock we ended up as.

I hadn’t spoken to Brian since our fight, in all honesty I didn’t want to talk to him. I’d thought he was interested in me, I’d been ready to devote myself only to him with an imprint that shouldn’t have happened this early into my training. Not to mention the fact I didn’t know him at all when that feeling took me over. Dad kept in touch and updated me on the process of saving my grandmother. I was still scared for her but I needed to focus. Being leader of a new coven in a new school was hard enough as it was without adding the fact I wanted to scream and cry and beg god to switch places for me and my grandmother.

“Tyler Kellen is looking at you”.
Lacey whispered as she joined the group at our quite study corner in the library. I looked up seeing sure enough Tyler Kellen, who was a really good looking guy with jade green eyes and sandy blond hair that was styled in that oh so sexy messy way that very few guys could pull off. Tyler pulled it off beautifully. He was strongly built muscular but not overly so like some other guys here. I could see the tip of his Metallica t-shirt under his button up white shirt since the buttons at the top were open a little. His nails were painted black which for some reason was a turn on. He had a lip ring and one in his eyebrow to. He winked at me before turning back to his friends. I blushed.

“OOooo I smell a love connection”.
Zoey beamed grinning at me as she pit the end of her pen. I rolled my eyes turning the page of my Goddess and God’s text book. Then went back to making notes.
“Yeah right, that’s why he’s practically salivating over me”.
I muttered. Ashlyn grinned wildly at me as she darted her eyes from her Witching history text book and back to the room. Zoey’s smile matching hers.

“I don’t know about salivating but he’s on his way over”.
I looked up fast seeing Tyler who grinned a charming grin flashing his perfect white teeth at me.
“Hey, I was wondering can we talk.”
Tyler asked offering me his hand. Amanda nudged me and gave a vigorous nod as if she spoke for me. Lacey practically heaving me out of my chair. I stood taking Tyler’s hand and following him to a privet corner of the library where we were blocked from sight by book cases.
“So, I know we don’t really know each other, we’ve never talked or anything. I’m Tyler by the way”.
He smiled again rubbing the back of his neck as he seemed to be checking me out. I blushed hugging myself and taking a step back as our eyes locked again. Last time I was alone with a guy like this. I’d wanted to imprint with him and I still didn’t understand the physiology behind it. I wasn’t taking Witches physiology until next term.

“Krissi”.
I said introducing myself. Tyler smiled at me leaning on the book case to his right now.
“I know, hard not to know your name. You’re amazing and I’m in all your classes”.
Tyler continued his other hand trailed along my jawline and I shivered. He stepped into me and smiled again. I could feel how nervous he was.
“It’s ok, you can ask me anything”.
I said smiling at him and taking his hand trying to ease his worry. He smiled again this time when he spoke he was more confidant.
“Will you be my date to the All Hallows eve dance?”
I smiled at him, the dance was right around the corner and I would have thought he’d have a date already. I couldn’t believe this was really happening. It was the first time anyone asked me on a date.
“Yes”.
I smiled not sure how I could have said anything else. A super-hot guy was asking me to a dance. Tyler smiled at my answer and laced my fingers with his.
“Would it be a little too clingy of me to ask you to the movie tonight? The tower is playing a classic “The Thing” “.
He said the title with an animated tone and I laughed smiling up at him.

“Are you kidding? I love old monster movies”.
Tyler smirked keeping hold of my hand.
“Is that a yes?”
He asked, I nodded vigorously.
“Yes, it sounds like an amazing first date”.
Tyler grinned at me as we stood in that awkward silence between hugging or whatever people do after agreeing to a date with each other. He let go of my hand and we walked back to our own tables. The girls all smiles as I approached them.
“Someone’s on cloud nine”.
Amanda noted as I sat next to her again. I beamed around at them and broke the news to them.
“I have a date to the dance and tonight!”
I beamed.

The girls all squealed with delight and started instantly talking about clothes and hair and makeup. Stuff I didn’t really know much about. The girls helped me get ready for my date. Amanda was good with cosmetic spells while Lacey was an ace with hair style incantations. Ashlyn and Zoey were rummaging through the closets in each of our rooms to put together the best date outfit. Lacey managed to straighten my curls away perfectly and I gaped seeing how much better suited the straight hair was to my face. It had been so long since I actually thought I looked anything close to pretty. To be honest the last time I thought of myself as pretty was four years old, sitting at Grandma’s vanity after playing with her makeup.

Grandma, I frowned as my thoughts went back to her. I didn’t know if she was ok or not. I’d give anything to know she was alright. God knows what those men were doing to her. I lifted my eyes back to my reflection seeing that my hair and makeup were done.
“You ok?”
Amanda frowned at me worriedly. I forced a smile, no way was I going to burden anyone with my personal problems. I looked at myself again.
“I’m fine. This looks amazing girls, I’ve never looked so good”.
Lacey laughed lightly.
“We turned you into eye candy”.
Lacey said looking proud of herself. Amanda giggled as she clasped her hands behind her back.

“Not that you needed much help”.
Amanda added. I wasn’t sure if I believed that or night. Ashlyn and Zoey came into the room with the outfit they’d put together. A black lace top that hung against me in the perfect way slopping over my shoulder exposing the strap of the corset style tank I was wearing under it. A pair of red jean shorts matched with fishnets, combat boots and a mini leather jacket.

“You look amazing”.
Zoey beamed as she clasped her hands together. I turned to face the girls as they added a cross necklace and earrings to match the look and finish it off. I hugged each of them tightly so glad for them. We got along effortlessly. And had always been like family to each other. Gathering myself together and trying not to freak out about the fact this was my first date with any guy ever. I walked to the court yard and waited for Tyler.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3