Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Octoberwood

Chapter Six “Crime and Punishment”

Chapter Six
“Crime and Punishment”

I hadn’t noticed the bruising on my wrists until Monday morning. I didn’t want to go to class or face anyone. I wanted to hide and stay hidden, I looked towards the bag I had packed but somehow something talked me out of running away. No doubt it was probably Isis. The words had been clear in my head as I was about to zip up the bag. “Justice will find you, have faith”. The goddess whispered. That was enough for me to stop packing but I still wanted to hide. After what happened the night of the dance, after Tyler tried to force himself on me. He said something about me and Brian, something that Emma told him and the rest of the school. I showered and changed into my uniform.

I looked at myself in the mirror tears building in my eyes along with fear. I couldn’t let anyone know what had happened to me. And heaven only knew what Tyler told everyone. Slinging my school bag over my shoulder I left the comfort of my room and turned to close the door behind me when I saw it. A piece of white paper on my door with the words written in red marker that made me think of blood. “Slut” was written over and over again on the paper. I grabbed it off the door and could hear the laughing behind me. I took a breath and tossed the paper in the trash and continued towards the dining hall. As I walked in everyone started to snicker and whisper.

“I heard that she’s pregnant with Tyler’s kid”.
A girl whispered to her friend. I swallowed hard and continued to the table sitting down not meeting the eyes of the other girls. Amanda placed her hand over mine.

“Honey? Are you alright?’
She asked sounding concerned. Before I could answer her a mean voice spoke from above me.
“Well if it isn’t the mother to be”.
I looked up to see Emma smirking at me. I did my best to stay in my seat what happened to me last night was her fault as much as Tyler’s. Emma smirked looking like a mean cat as she continued.
“You know, if you’d keep your legs closed you might actually stand a chance of being worth something”.
Emma said causing spattering of laughter in the room. Amanda and the other girls glared at Emma as she stood over me she drew a pregnancy test from inside her blazer and threw it at me. It hit the side of my head and fell to the table.
“Let’s hope you’re a better mother then yours was, but judging by your actions you’re just as much of a slut as she is”.

That was it something inside me broke and my eyes snapped up to Emma burning with rage. Without moving an inch, without anything but a thought Emma was thrown backwards consumed by white hot flames screaming at the top of her lungs as she panicked trying to put them out. I rose to my feet keeping my eyes fixed on her feeling my anger getting stronger and stronger. As strong as my anger got the hotter the flames became until I felt arms around me.
“It’s ok, you can let her go she knows better than to mess with you now”.
It was Brian, his voice soothing and inviting. The flames died and Emma looked at me tears of fear in her eyes. She trembled with range now.
“You freak!”
She screamed grabbing a glass of orange juice and throwing it at me. Brian moved in the path of the juice so it hit his back. He looked back at Emma eyes narrowed.

“Back off!”
He roared. It was now that I realized Quartz was in the room along with the other professors. But Brian wasn’t done. His eyes remaining narrowed at Emma.
“For the record the only slut in this room is you! I know because you cheated on me with Tyler! Then you tell everyone in the school that Krissi and I slept together that night in the library! Actually all that happened was me helping Krissi find a name for her coven that’s it! And then I find this piece of shit trying to force Krissi to have sex with him!”
Quartz’s eyes widened with anger and snapped towards Tyler who wasn’t all smiles anymore. Quartz came into the room followed by Amethyen and Saphrin.
“The dress you brought to me on the weekend. It was hers?”
Quartz asked. Brian nodded keeping his eyes narrowed at Tyler. Emma looked like she was ready to explode. Quartz turned to face Emma and Tyler.

“Tyler Kellen on your feet!”
She boomed. Brian kept his arms around me shielding me while I sobbed uncontrollably. I didn’t want anyone to see me crying, I hated to cry in public and it was like Brian knew that. Quartz stood looking like an enraged goddess as she shifted her eyes between Emma and Tyler.
“How dare you two do something so vial and cruel to someone who’s never done a thing to either of you! But since you two insist on humiliating someone I believe the only fair thing to do is to humiliate each of you in return. So, Emma”.

Quartz said turning towards Emma now and keeping her eyes narrowed. I could feel the protective energy and range radiating off of her but there was nothing ominous about it.
“I am removing you of your status and your coven. You will join the other students who have no placement and begin working here as a servant starting immediately!”
Emma broke out into sobs trying to beg for her status to be returned to her. I saw two large professors drag Emma from the room as Quartz narrowed her gaze at Tyler now.
“You, how dare you try to violate someone who has never brought you harm. I am here by sending you to the council to stand trial for your crimes and when you are sentenced I will make it my mission to have your magic removed!”

A cold feeling filled the room as Tyler too was dragged away. Quartz turned to face the room and no one met her eyes.
“If anyone else has a problem with this they can take it up with me. I am disappointed in all of you, No one is to victimize anyone in this sanctuary for our kind! I am disgusted with all of you and extremely disappointed! Therefore the rest of you will run the gauntlet today. Classes are off, everyone change into your athletic clothing and be at the gate in 15 minutes anyone who is late will run the gauntlet twice!”

Everyone ran from the room trying to get back to their bedrooms to change. Quartz nodded to the professors turning back to Brian and I.
“Thank you for telling me Brian”.
Quartz said patting his shoulder. Brian separated from me and Quartz sighed taking my hand in hers.
“I apologize whole heartedly Krissi and I can assure you none of this will ever happen again. You and your coven are excused for the day. I will have some of the staff escort you girls on a day at the spa and then some shopping. I want you to enjoy yourself and forget about the mess here”.
I nodded to her smiling a little. Quartz was great and I felt nothing but positivity and love from her. Still I needed to ask.
“Why are witches working as servants here?”

Quartz frowned at me.
“It is the council’s rule not mine. I believe something is done to those girls and boys to keep them from being placed. They come from dangerous lines and the staff there isn’t mine. They were council members and they run things in that one building. I have to comply or this place would be “purged” and everyone here would be labeled a threat”.
Quartz whispered as we walked so not to alarm anyone. She looked at me and smiled best she could.
“I’ve tried to find other ways around it, but there is nothing I can do”.
She smiled at me and I knew what she was implying, there was nothing SHE could do but she seemed to think there was something I could do. Amanda and the other girls met me in the lobby. Quartz smiled looking at us.

“Have fun today girls, you deserve it”.
Then with one last look at me she turned on her heels and headed towards where the other students were being forced to run a gauntlet. I didn’t like the way that sounded. As I watched her walk away I knew there was more to this outing then just a day at the spa and some shopping. This was my chance to look into doing something about the servants. And in that moment I knew that Quartz was my real live Professor Dumbledore.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3