Status: Good things come with good words aka nice comments please and thanks

Long Way Home

Chapter Fifteenth

“He said what?” Violet said as she took a sip of her toffee cooler drink. She was carrying two cups of coffee in one of those nifty carriers with handles in her other hand.

“He said he thought it would be a good idea to keep flirting with me.” Caeli stated as she walked along with her own drink, blackberry and raspberry fruit cooler, as well as another nifty cup carrier containing two other coffees.

“Just after he told you that his best friend and bandmate thinks you’re beautiful?”

“Yep”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea Cae” Vi said quietly, but loud enough for her best friend to hear. She watched as Caeli carried on walking beside her. “I mean it’s not fair on Ash.”

Caeli stopped walking, Violet turned around searching Caeli’s face; trying to figure out what she was thinking. Caeli starred back watching Violet take her bottom lip between her teeth and started to chew. Caeli sighed, “I know; I don’t want to hurt him Vi. But if Cal’s right then it’ll make him tell me his true feelings right? I don’t want to talk about it anymore okay?” She carried on walking past Vi as if the conversation never happened. Violet walked quickly to keep up with the red head.

The walk back to the bus was quiet, neither girl knowing what to say. They got back to the bus; Caeli let them in and wondered into the main lounge. “We’re back!” she announced loudly even though she could see Luke was sat on his phone right in front of them. He looked up and smiled at his two friends, he also then noticed the coffee cups that had just been placed on the table and took the one closest to him.

“Where are the others?” Violet asked. Luke simply shrugged and went back to his phone. The girls rolled their eyes. “Wow thanks Luke, you were so much help” she muttered as she kicked her shoes off.

“Ash is in the shower; Michael is still asleep and dunno where Cal is.” Caeli informed them.

“I’m right here.”

The three of them looked over to where the voice came from, which was Calum, standing just outside the drivers area, a pack of oreo biscuits in one hand and the other hand was putting one of the biscuits in his mouth. He smiled widely at his friends but his smile quickly turned to a frown when he noticed the disgusted look that had found its way onto Caeli’s face.

“ARE THOSE OUR OREO’S?” she bellowed, stomping up to Calum and snatching the oreo’s out of his hand. Calum stepped back in shock. “ARE THESE OUR OREO’S?” she asked again in which Calum nodded in reply.

“For God sake” Violet sighed. “First our yum yums and now our oreo’s! Stop eating our fucking food Calum!”

“Hey I’m sorry” said pulling Caeli into a tight hug, which she tried to resist but couldn’t be bothered.

“No you’re not” she muttered into his shoulder but she hugged him back. Once they pulled apart Calum made his way over to Violet who was watching him like a hawk.

“If you think a hug is going to make up for the fact that you’re a pig who eats our food, without asking first, you’ve got another thing coming.”

“Okay fine, what about a hug and a kiss on the cheek?” Cal smirked as he grabbed the blonde by her waist and pulled her closer to him.

“CALUM!” she shrieked “LET ME GO!” Cal ignored her and started kissing her cheeks, which only made her shriek more.

After hearing all the shrieking and shouting Ashton had turned off the shower, wrapped a towel around himself and walked down the bus to see what the hell was happening. He saw that Michael was awake as he passed. “Alright man?” he asked.

“Yeah, just wondering whose being murdered that’s all.” Michael replied getting out of his bunk to join his bandmate and to find out what was going on. The pair walked through the bus and stopped in the door way when they saw what was happening. Calum had managed to get Violet on the floor and was tickling her with one hand while he was holding Caeli close to him with the other hand; he was also kissing Caeli on the cheek every couple of seconds. Violet was in hysterics and was trying to get away but with the way Caeli was being held it blacked her from getting up; it also didn’t help that Cal was sat on her legs. Calum stopped kissing Caeli’s cheeks and kissed Violets which only made her laugh more. Anger bubbled up through both boys stood in the door way.

“What the hell is going on?” Ashton grumbled through gritted teeth.

Calum stopped what he was doing but didn’t let go of both girls. “I ate their oero’s” the bassist grinned, which won a little giggle from both girls.

“So you’re holding Caeli like that because?” Ash questioned, walking over to the girls and taking Cae’s hand to help her up, while Michael walked over to Calum and pushed him off Vi so she could get up.

“It was a joke Ash.” Caeli replied rolling her eyes.

“Yeah but he could have easily hurt either of you! Especially Vi with the way he was sitting on her!” Michael shot back as he pulled Vi up.

“He wasn’t hurting me Michael; you need to lighten up a bit God. So it’s okay for you to tickle me or whatever but Cal can’t? Fuck sake, you need grow up.” Violet glared at him.

“Well I don’t want him touching you” Michael declared crossing his arms across his chest.

“You don’t fucking own me Michael Clifford.” Violet growled. “C’mon Cae we need to set off.” She grabbed the red head and walked over to the driver’s area, closing the curtain aggressively.

The four boys looked at each other, not knowing what to say. Michael dropped his eyes to the floor, staring at an abandoned sock that hadn’t been picked up. “Well Violet has a short fuse.” Luke finally said, breaking the silence. “I told you Ash and Michael would get shitty if you mucked about with them mate, but yet again nobody ever listens to me. Ten points to me.”

“Yeah yeah, calm down Luke.” Calum rolled his eyes at his friend but went and sat down next to him.

“And you two need to lighten up a bit. Relax, have an Oreo.” He held out the packet which had ended up next to Luke, offering them to his friends.

“Fuck off Calum” Michael muttered making his way back to his bunk. Ashton followed him, glaring at Calum as he did so. When Ash walked past Michael he nodded to the back lounge, indicating for Michael to follow him so they could rant about what had just happened in peace. Michael followed Ash into the back lounge and closed the door.

***

Later that night the group, were in the back lounge watching movies. Violet was still in a pissy mood with Michael, Michael and Ashton were still in a pissy mood with Calum. While Caeli and Luke were just trying to keep the peace. Caeli was sat in-between Luke and Calum, Violet was sat next to Luke on his other side and also at the end of the couch, purposely avoiding Michael, even though he had since apologized to her but she had just blanked him. Ashton and Michael sat on the other couch isolated from the chatting and the laughter coming from the others.

The boys had been forced to watch Dirty Dancing by the girls. Caeli had quickly fallen asleep; being squished between Cal and Luke she had no choice but to cuddle up against the brunette who had placed an arm around her. Ashton kept looking over to them his chest going tight every time. They had just gotten to the famous end scene which Violet had earlier claimed to be her favourite but it had looked like the blonde had also fallen asleep, though she was wearing Luke’s hoodie with the hood up so nobody could actually see her face, but she hadn’t said anything in a while or moved from her position so they just assumed she was asleep. Which gave Ashton the opportunity to speak up.

“Right Calum you listen here and you listen good. Stop fucking flirting with Caeli.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Ash” Cal mumbled, he was too tired to fight with anyone right now.

“Don’t play games. You know how much I like her, and yet you decide to flaunt yourself in front of her any chance you get. I swear if you hurt her I’ll cut your balls off. That girl means so much to me, she’s beautiful and funny, so talented at art and the time we spend together is amazing. She’s amazing. She’s not like the other girls; I want to be with her so bad. ” Ashton sighed and looked at the sleeping girl.

“Well if you’re so butt hurt over a little flirting why don’t you grow some balls and do something about it? You too Michael. If you care about Violet as much as Ash cares about Caeli, fucking do something about it. Because I’m sure you’ve noticed that they’re not short of male attention.” Calum shout whispered to the pair.

Both boys sighed, Calum was right they had to do something about their feelings. Violet sat up from her position and looked around the room. All the boys froze, scared that she had heard their little argument.

“I love that film; well I’m going to bed. Night Luke, night Cal. Goodnight Ashton, Michael.” She announced. She went over to Cal and shook Caeli awake. “C’mon Cae, it’s time for bed.”

“Shit. You guys better pray that she didn’t hear any of that” Luke said taking a gulp of his drink.

“Shut up Luke.”

Violet walked Caeli to her bunk, once she was in Violet pushed her over a bit. “Can I come in? I don’t wanna be on my own tonight.” The blonde murmured.

“Only if you get your really fluffy blanket” Caeli replied, half asleep. Violet nodded and retrieved the blanket. Once she was in the bunk next to her best friend she couldn’t sleep. The boys were still in the back lounge talking in low voices and whispers so she couldn’t hear what they were saying. She shook Caeli awake again. “What?” Caeli groaned.

“I heard the boys talking while you were asleep, they thought I was asleep but I wasn’t. Ash said some things, and I don’t know if I should tell you but I’m going to okay?” Cae simply nodded. “He said that he liked you and that he thought you were amazing and beautiful. He also said that he wanted to be with you.”

Caeli’s eyes shot open and she sat up in the tiny space. “You’re fucking with me.”

“No I’m not.”

“Violet please, don’t bullshit me. He didn’t say that.”

“He did Cae.”

“You know I don’t like getting my hopes up. He probably didn’t mean it. I’m going back to sleep.
Goodnight.”

“Suit yourself.” Violet mumbled rolling over to go to sleep.