The Days

Day One

It was beautiful day. The air was crisp with smell of spring and the wind blew lightly against the wolf and fox. As the wolf and fox walked the sun beats down on their fur making it feel warm in the cool spring breeze. “Would you like to get some ice cream” said Kane, as he pointed slightly to the ice cream truck. Yanio looked up at the tall wolf “of course!” Said the fox with excitement. Kane smiled and walked next to his best friend. “What flavor would you like Yanio?” Asked Kane as he looked at his watch. Yanio pondered for a bit as he thought about what Kane asked him. He looked up at the bright green wolf and looked at his blue glowing eyes “vanilla with sprinkles” Yanio said as he licked his lips. Kane chuckled a little as they reached the truck. “Two vanilla cones with sprinkles please” Kane said to the rabbit in the ice cream truck. As the fox and wolf waited there ears twitch from a dozen or more screams. They both turn their heads towards the noise as the see black smoke rise from the streets. Kane try’s to look but can only see the smoke and the screams.
They get their ice cream and start to walk towards the noise. “What is it Kane” whined Yanio. “I’m not sure buddy, “He said with a tremble. As they walk other furs’ run by looking terrified. As Kane sees what’s going on he quickly picks up the small fox and runs away holding him. “What is it Kane” Yanio squeaked with fear. As Kane hears the growls behind him he bust into a hometown market and sets Yanio down “Help me Yanio” Kane said with fear as he starts board up the door. Yanio panics and hides. Kane backs up from the door hoping it will hold. He bumps into the counter as he backs up. Jumps and yelps with fear. Looks around for Yanio. “Yanio…where are you buddy?” Yanio Pops out from a basket trembling. Kane walks to him quickly and hugs the scared fox. “What was that Kane?” Yanio said with fear.