Status: In-Progress

Here We Come Bangkok...Uh Oh!

Ch.2

The next morning Harper got up to feed Rachel and make breakfast for herself and Aiden. By the time Phil got up, it would be almost time for his brunch date with her brother. After Rachel was done eating, Harper put the four month old into the jumper so she could go make breakfast. When breakfast was done she set a plate in front of Aiden and herself, Aiden dug in right when Phil entered the kitchen to get a cup of coffee.

"Morning sleeping beauty." Harper said with amusement.

"Morning." He took a sip of coffee, looking from Harper to Aiden then back again. "Where's my food?"

"You don't get any. You have a brunch date with my brother, remember?" She chuckled at his sad face. "You're a big boy, you can wait for food for a bit longer."

Phil's phone went off a few seconds later and Harper laughed softly. "There's Stu. Wondering if your up and on your way."

Phil hit the 'Fuck you' button on his phone as he walked to the table. "Better get going before he starts blowing my phone up." He leaned down, kissing the top of Harper's head then Aiden's head. "You be good for mom and make sure she doesn't get into trouble." Before Phil walked away from the table, he snatched a piece of bacon off of Harper's plate and headed to Rachel.

Harper just shook her head when Phil stole a piece of her bacon. "The diaper bag's already ready." She called out.

She got a muffled response to her statement since Phil was eating the piece of bacon and putting Rachel into the carrier.

"I'll be back soon." Phil said from over his shoulder before heading out the door.

Once Phil was gone, Harper and Aiden finished their food. While she rinsed the dishes Aiden came back into the kitchen with a movie. He tugged on his mommy's shirt to get her attention. Harper looked down at her son with a smile as she dried her hands off and picked him up.

"You want to watch Cars while daddy's away?"

Aiden nodded. The two of them headed into the living room and Harper sat the child on the couch. She put the disc in the player then sat next to her baby boy. After all the commercials played, she hit the play button and the two of them got comfortable on the couch as they watched Disney's Cars. Aiden laughed and watched it intently until about halfway through then he fell asleep, using Harper's legs as a pillow. Harper ran her finger's through her boy's dark hair, his hair was going to end up being just like Phil's. She turned the player off and surf the channels to find something to watch. She finally stopped on an episode of 'Forensic Files' when the front door opened, revealing a sleeping Rachel and an irritated Phil.

"Your brother is a dick. Stu doesn't want to throw a Bachelor party. Ihop was the fucking party." Phil hissed quietly so the kids wouldn't wake up.

"You should've known he wasn't going to want a Bachelor party. Not after what happened at Doug's."

Phil let out a breath to try and calm himself down. "And I called my mom, she'll be here soon. We've got to go see Alan."

Harper looked at him with confusion. "Okay?...Why?"

"Somehow he got word that your brother was getting married and he wasn't invited. So now Alan's being a fucking crybaby."

"Phillip."

Phil and Harper's attention went to the front door to see Phil's mother.

"I better not hear that come out of your mouth again. Especially around the kids." Mrs. Wenneck scolded.

"Sorry."

Harper wiggled out from under Aiden and kissed the top of his head then smiled to Mrs. Wenneck. "We'll be back in a few."

"Take your time you two." She smiled.

Harper hugged her mother-in-law and Phil pecked the side of his mom's head before the two of them headed out the door to pay Alan a visit. Once they got to the Garner resident, the two of them let out a sigh of their own and saw Doug and Stu coming their way. Getting out of the car, Phil wrapped his arm around Harper's waist.

"Let's just get this over with."

The four of them headed up to the door and rang the doorbell. Sid or Mr. Garner answered it with a surprised look.

"Well I'll be. Glad you guys could show, Alan's been so out of it lately." Mr. Garner let them in and led them to Alan's room.

"Guys, I can't tell you how much this means...Alan's been waiting for the invite ever since he got word of the wedding."

"I'm sure he has." Stu said.

"Yeah. Been standing outside by the mailbox every day."

"Wow, that's tough." Phil stated.

"Poor guy." Harper said.

"Yeah. I uh, I'm not quite sure he ever left Vegas, you know? He really needs this." Mr. Garner finished then knocked on the door.

"What?" Alan's voice came through the other side.

"Sweetie, it's pa pa! You have visitors! Go in slowly, give him a chance to acclimate."

Soon the door opened up to a now happy Alan.

"Hey Alan." Doug said first.

"Hey guys. Hey Phil."

"Hey Bud." Phil faked a smile.

"Uh...uh, you guys wanna come in?"

"Sure." Doug said, entering first.

"Absolutely." Phil said, guiding Harper in then himself.

Alan hugged them as they entered then shut the door on his dad as he was in the middle of his sentence.

"Pretty cool room, Alan." Phil stated sarcastically.

"Thanks Phil. My dad pays the rent." Alan said excitedly, not catching the sarcasm.

Harper looked around at the mess. Clothes everywhere. Posters littering the walls and ceiling. Little action figures on shelves. Pill bottles on the nightstand.

"Alan, what the fuck?" Doug said going to the framed pictures. "We were supposed to delete these. You made a promise."

Harper gasped horrified at the pictures, she didn't want to remember the Vegas trip from two years ago.

"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. What the hell?" Stu stated, pointing to the photos. "I'm not cool with this at all. You can't have these."

Phil laughed while Alan explained. "Chillax, Stu. Nobody ever comes in here."

"I can tell." Harper muttered.

"Total violation of trust." Stu said as Alan sat down to call his mom from the intercom.

Harper rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest as Mrs. Garner's voice came over the intercom. Her mind was screaming about how Alan was capable of taking his own food down to the kitchen, the spoiled brat.

"Can't believe you stopped by. This is really cool."

"Wait a second. Al, is that Mr. Chow?" Phil asked as he picked up an unframed photo.

"Yeah. We still keep in touch."

"Then why do you need us?" Harper muttered again.

Phil showed Stu the photo and Stu looked at Alan.

"Chow. The guy that kidnapped us?"

"He didn't kidnap us. He kidnapped Black Doug. Remember? It was a whole big misunderstanding. He's actually quite charming."

"Alan, he's a criminal."

Harper could feel Doug's pain as he massaged his nose in annoyance. Her attention went to the door that opened to reveal Mrs. Garner.

"Excuse me boys and Harper."

"Hi Mrs. Garner." Harper said politely.

"Hi, Linda."

"Hi Dougie."

"I guess we don't do dessert anymore. I didn't get that memo."

"Well, I'm sorry, darling. I'l be right back." Mrs. Garner said before leaving.

"Would a cupcake kill you?" Alan called after his mother.

Harper gritted her teeth, she was two seconds away from punching Alan square in the jaw for being a spoiled lazy fat ass. Phil looked over to Harper ans started rubbing her back soothingly.

"Calm down." He whispered in her ear.

"Ya know, I don't think this was a good idea."

"Uh, Alan, we have a little surprise for you. Stu would like to invite you to his wedding." Doug said, patting Harper's brother's shoulder.

"Well, only if you're not busy."

"Stu." Phil said.

"Well, maybe the Jonas Brothers are in town." Stu sassed.

"No. They're in Raleigh-Durham that weekend." Alan informed.

Harper just shook her head, Alan was officially creepy.

"Are you really being serious, Stu? You're inviting me?"

Stu hesitated for a moment before speaking. "Yeah, why not? Could be fun, right?"

"Phil, you going?"

"Of course. So is Harper." Phil said, tugging Harper closer to him.

"Then it will be fun." Alan said then opened his mini fridge, taking a syringe out and injecting something into his thigh.

"Whoa, what the fuck are you doing man?" Phil asked unbelievingly.

"It's my immunizations. This is the last day I can do it."

"That's supposed to be done by a registered nurse." Stu informed.

"I am a nurse. I'm just not registered." Alan said holding the empty syringe up.

Harper inwardly smacked herself, this guy was officially an idiot. Alan put it down and picked something else up.

"Oh, Stu, look at this." Alan put a toy chomping teeth on his table after winding it up. It had one tooth missing. "I bought this because I thought of you."

Harper groaned, this was going to be a very long and painful trip to Thailand.