Haunted

My Death

How can I say I lived, when I just died? It was your average Tuesday night. Tonight was supposed to be family night, but it wasn't, because everyone was busy doing one thing or another. I had asked my parents to let me go out, so I could spend time with my boyfriend Erik and they said no. They said I had to practice my villain, cause it was one of the few ways I was going to get into a good collage.

I remember fighting with them and screaming, "You are ruining my life!" then I stomped up the stairs to my room.

After that I don't really remember anything. I don't think sleep every came for me. Instead I was awake when someone broke into our house. I remember shutting my eyes when they opened my door. I don't know if they were going to kill me then or there, but they left me alone.

Slipping out of bed, I made no sound going to my door and looked out. They were walking past my little brother Tom room. They didn't even bother opening his door, they were staring at the door at the other side of the hallway. They would make half a circle to the other side of the house.

Grabbing my bat behind my door, I hug the wall and stick to the shadows as I go to my brother room. Opening his door with no sound, thanking that the door didn’t squeak like it normally did, I go into his room. Slipping into his room, I close the door and go to his bed. Covering his mouth, he jerks awake. His eyes are filled with terror, until he sees that it's me. I put my finger to my lips and he shakes his head. "What's going on?" he whispers, as he rubs his eyes.

"Someone in the house, they are going to mom and dad room. You need to get out of the house and get help. My car keys are in my car, do you remember how I showed you how to drive my car?" don't ask me why I taught my nine year old brother to drive. I think I wanted him to run off and join a circuses or something. My parents almost grounded me for a year for that and some how they didn't.

He shakes his head. "Why don't we just call the police?" he asks, as he gets out of bed and puts on his shoes, as I grab his coat and hand it to him.

"My phone broke remember? I ran over it last week, my new phone supposed to get here tomorrow." I remind him, as I open up his window just enough that he can get out.

He crawls out the window. "What are you going to do?" he whispers.

"I'm going to distract the person as best as I can. Hopefully you get help in time or dad gets his gun. Now go." I remember watching my brother crawl off the roof and jumping down onto the trampoline and knowing for some reason, that would be the second to last time I would see him alive.

Creeping out of his room, I go back to hugging the wall and keeping my eyes on the person dressed in black. The person was to built to be a woman, but I couldn’t see their face to know if I knew them or not. I seen the gun in their hand. It was a revolver and they were clutching in their hand, like they had to force them selves not to shake it.

Getting closer to them, I watch them--as if in slow motion--open my parents bedroom door.

Taking in a deep breath, I leap at the person and smash my bat against their head. The smash sound woke up my parents, but the person got back on to his feet, like he didn’t even feel the blow to his head. I remember seeing blood coming from his head. I remember my mom screaming and I remember him killing them in front of me. Dad didn't even have a chance to get his gun from his bed side night stand.

Then the person shot me. I should remember their face, they were that close, but I don't. I heard Tom scream and then I heard another bang. I wasn't dead and I watch as my little brother fell down onto the floor dead. I didn't last long. Maybe a few seconds and then I was gone to.

Everyone of my family was dead now and we were all standing in front of a light. My parents were hand in hand and my little brother reached up to take my hand. I wanted to go with them. Man did I want to go with them. But I didn't. "I can't go until I find out who killed us." I had been known to be a stickler for mysteries and finding out who killed us, was my own personal mystery that I could live in my after life. Given no one would know about it. But hey, got to do what you got to do.

"But Alice-" mom stars.

"I'll be okay mom, I'll be there before you know it and you'll be grounding me for who knows what." tears wear coming and I couldn't hold them back, as I watched my parents cross over, with the most sad eyes ever. You would had thought, I just told them, that I didn’t believe in anything.

Tom had grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "I'll stay to," he told me.

"No Tom, you need to go with mom and dad. They need you."

"So do you," he told me.

Kissing him on the head, I nudge him to the light. "I'll call for you if I need help. Sound like a deal?"

"But-" the light took him before he could say another word.

My pain in the butt little brother that I loved and parent's that drove me up the freaking wall, were all gone. Now I was alone and I had to find out who killed us. I didn't have to do it, but I needed to. For them. I just didn't know, after dying, you started to lose bits and peace's of your memory slowly.

Hopefully I find out who killed us, before all my memory is gone. I just need a little help and then maybe I can cross over. Who knows what will happen or how much time will pass before I find out who killed us.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you all think? I made up a new layout for this story, so yay.

Comments?
Subscribe?
Recommend?

Please and thank you.