Haunted

Ready to Die

I'm back in the main part of the house now. It's dead quiet, even though the lights are on. Some of them do flicker though. "Come out!" I yell in the entryway. "It's me you want, not him!"

Laughter fills the house. "I will fix what you broke little girl," the man says somewhere in the house.

Appearing on the second floor I look down both sides of the hallway, but I still see no one. Going into Will younger sister room, she is frozen in place playing with dolls. Going to his parents room, they are both frozen in a fighting/yelling stance. So that only left him to be in Will room.

Running into will room, I brake the scythe from the chain and it grows right away. The man and Will are struggling to gain power over the other one. "Leave him alone!" I scream as I hit the man with my shoulder and we both faze out of the house.

"How are you free?" he asks me, as he stands up first.

Getting up my legs shake and then I notice how heavy the scythe really is. "Death is not on your side, let's put it that way. Now last chance, crossover or I'll cut you down. In all truth, I have wondered if we can really bleed or not. A morbid thought I know, but I've been dead for some time now, so I've had time to wonder about a few things,"

The man takes off his top hat, pulls it apart and a gun comes out of the torn pieces. "We shall see," he then opens fire on me.

Holding the scythe up, the bullets become nothing, then I charge forward and he blocks my blow with his gun. "Have you always been evil, or did you become this way after you killed the woman, that you thought you loved?"

Something zooms past my head, making me jump back away from him. Looking over past him, I can feel my face pale. "Get away from her!" Erik yells as he holds throwing knives. Small loan fact, he can throw about anything and hit it right in the middle no matter what. But that won't help him, we are ghosts, what does won't affect us.

"Get out of here!" I scream at him and I swing the scythe down and the ground starts to brake open. "Take him, take him now!" I scream into the broken ground as I hold on it.

He lines up his gun and shoots it and hits me, sending me flying away from the scythe and hitting the ground. Growing against the pain, I look at my shoulder where the bullet it me. White light comes out of my shoulder. "You are going to cross over to the good side?" the man smiles at me wickedly, then he grabs my scythe with little to no effort at all. "Be a good girl and stay here, no harm will happen to those alive people,"

Getting up, I hold my shoulder. "I trust your word as much as I can trust a skunk not to spray me,"

The scythe starts to rattle around and breaks free from the man grip and comes back into my hand. "What?"

"Deals are made, deals will be taken care of." I tell him and hold the scythe with one hand. "Death never likes to be cheated and I will send you to him, one way or another,"

Charging forward my attacks are wild, as he tries to shoot me over and over again. He hits me a few times and little lights start to come out of my body. "Just give in," he tells me.

I move the scythe around and get him in the ribs, black liquid pours out of the wound. When he tries to get away, it only makes it worse. "Alice!" the front door swings open.

Holding fast to the scythe, I dare not look away. "This is it Will, I can't stay anymore."

The ground starts to shake under our feet. "Alice, please don't go!" he cries out as he runs down the front stairs.

"Stay back!" I yell at him. Glaring at the man, he no longer holds his gun. He's starting to age as the ground splits open again under his feet and his feet only. "I send you to where you belong and doing this, I finish our deal death. So do as our deal is,"

"Of course, I never go back on my deals. Now finish him," death tells me from the pit below.

Freeing the scythe from the man side, I raze it up and swing for the kill and just like that, he's gone into the pit. Then it closes up under his feet.

Dropping the scythe, I look up at Erik. He's so ashy. "I'm sorry for everything Erik. I hold nothing against you or any of the others for that night. I wish we could had stayed together. I wish there was no death in the world, but there is nothing any of us can do about that." turning to Will, I drop the scythe and it vanishes into black smoke. "I'm sorry Will for everything, if I had crossed over, you wouldn’t had known this world. Your powers were getting closed off and I just walked into your life and opened your powers up. I don't know if they will close back up after I leave," I tell him.

"I don't want you to leave," Will walks up to me and puts his hands on either side of my face. Or at least tries to, by the second he white holes have gotten bigger. "Stay here with me, I don't care if you haunt me. You’re the best damn thang that has ever happened to me,"

Smiling up at him, I clear his eyes of tears. "Maybe someday, things will be different and we can date for real. I won't be a ghost and all will be alright. But even then, it's a long shot."

"Please, please stay," he whispers.

"Maybe someday I'll see you again," stepping away from him, I smile at him as the white light takes me from the world.

POV: Will

Six months have passed since I last seen the girl, that was just a ghost. She was so lively for someone dead. Nothing has changed in the house though. It's so quiet its unreal. I still have her stuff, but there are packed away in new plastic boxes so they don't get damaged. I read a few pages of her diaries every night to help me sleep, to feel as if she is still with me. But I feel nothing of her being close to me, as she was when she was in the house. It was like a scar was on my heart and it opened every night I read a few pages. Why did I hurt myself so much? Was I that much in love with a dead girl?

Going to go get the mail, I open the door and a figure appears a few feet away from me. Looking up my heart pounds loudly in my ears. "How-How are you here?" I can feel my eyes almost popping out of my head.

She smiles at me. That knock over boy smile. "Surprised to see me? I'll admit, it took some doing, but I'm here," her voice is the same. Everything is the same, but she looks so new.

"How are you here? I seen you cross over,"

"You did, but I didn’t really cross over,"

"What? But what about your family?"

She taps her chest, where her heart is at. "Death is having me work as his second in command, so I can see my family when ever I want and for however long I want. He gave me a new heart, it keeps me alive and look human, so no one thinks anything is up,"

"But your face, everyone thinks you are dead,"

She shakes her head and puts her finger on her chin. "Guess you have a point, though-" she pulls out a new phone, takes a picture of herself and hands the phone over to me and shows me of a girl that looks different. "That solve the problem?" she raises her eyebrow as I hand the phone back over.

Smiling at her, I take those few feet away from her and hug her close. "Your not going to ever leave again, are you?" I whisper to her.

"Only when I have to deal with life and death, but other than that I'm all yours."

Pulling away from her, I can't get enough of touching her. "So where are you going to stay, now that you are back with 'living'?"

"Um, I was thinking a couple houses down. That okay?"

"That’s better then okay, that's great."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading everyone!