Haunted

Not Alone Anymore

Three years. Three years alone. There had been others like me in this house. All old people, but they crossed over along with mom, dad and Tom. Soon as they seen the light, they were gone. So now I was alone. Everything is as they left it. My Aunts and Uncles didn't want any of it, because it hurt to much. I watched them come in and look around the house, to see what they wanted. But they touched none of it.

I watched them cry looking at family pictures, when they came back from the funeral for us all. I didn't go, just because I didn’t want to see everyone crying.

Our lives were stolen from us. Tom never got a chance to kiss a girl. mom and dad never got a chance to become grandparents and I was stolen from finding out who I really am or who I could be.

After the house was left alone, it spread fast that the house was now haunted and kids would come and check out the house. I would get stronger by taking some of their energy and then scare them off. Scaring them would keep them away from the house for a little bit, but it made me weak.

Floating up in the air, my room is covered in dust. I would clean up the house if I could, but with no one around, I can't dust or anything like that, I had once been a neat freak, but not anymore. It was slowly starting to drive me nuts.

I hear the front door open and then I hear foot steps and voice filling the house. "Just put the boxes over there1!" a male voice orders to someone.

Walking through the door, I walk over to the edge of the stair case and look down and watch people caring in boxes. "This stuff is all so dusty." a woman says.

"Of course it is darling, it's been here for the past couple years. You know this." the man tells, what I can just guess his wife.

A boy about the age that I died walks in, with bags on his shoulders, as a girl about the age Tom was following behind him. "Can we go pick out our rooms?" the boy asks.

"Yeah go ahead, but soon as you do, come back down and help." the man tells the kids.

The girl races up the stairs and passes me. Kids her age should see ghost, but she might not believe in this sort of stuff anymore. Who knows. The boy comes up and he is good looking. Well built, but I can still see the baby face, mixed in with the man he might become in years ahead. "Lucky him for living," I grumble to myself.

Watching the boy, his step falters almost, but he catches himself and adjust his bags and goes into my old room. "This must been a girls room." he says as he puts the bags down on the bed and opens the windows,

Leaning against the door frame, I cross my arms. "No really? The baby blue walls and stuffed animals, I would had thought it was a boy room."

He makes no reaction this time when I say something and picks up my violin. "Play a little gatuare myself, but I don’t think I could play this." he looks at the mirror where some of my old pictures still hang. When my family came over to claim stuff, so did some of my friends. They took some pictures we had and left others. "Cute girl."

"Thanks," I say to him. He looks up in the mirror and he sees me in the reflection of the mirror. Like really see me. He screams and then passes out cold on the floor. "Well that's never happened before."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Recommend?
Subscribe?