Haunted

Memories of a Young Girl

Fading back into my room, after a night walking the secret passage ways, Will is already awake going through some of my stuff. In his hands is my violin. "If you open the trunk, you'll find the awards and ribbons I won over the years." I tell him, but he pays no mind, he just fiddles with it, as if it's a guitar. "Please be careful with that, my Aunt gave me that." but again he pays me no mind.

One of the strings makes a horrible sound. "Stop it!" I lose my temper and a pillow flies hitting him in the face.

He looks right at me, like he can see me again. "Oh it's you," he carefully puts the violin back in its case. "When did you get here?" his voice is like sandpaper.

"I've been here talking to you!"

He scratches his head. "Really? Guess I tuned you out." he gets an idea, I can see it in his eyes and like a slamming door he looks away from me and keeps going through my room.

Some of the stuff I don't care he looks through. When he's done examining something he picks something else up. He does the process a few more times. He looks at my family pictures and out lines my face with his finger.

"Why are you still here?" he brakes down his wall and lets me back to talk to him.

"Cause someone killed my family and me. I need to find out who killed us. Please help me and I'll cross over." I plead.

He goes back to.going through my stuff. But this time he doesnt shut me out. "Why should I even think about helping you? The first night, I passed out just by seeing you."

"You fainted," I correct.

"Passed out," I says back. "Now why should I help you?"

"Cause if you don't I'll just keep bugging you and I would really like to see my family again!" the house shakes a little bit.

Will snaps his head back to me. "Did you just do that?" I can see fear in his eyes.

I'm careful to keep my voice down. "Yes, but please understand that I haven't had this many people around me in a long time."

"If I help you, and you cross over, will I see you?"

"Like your ghost girl checking on you or something?" he shakes his head. "I don't think thats how it works."

He pulls out a book. But not any book, it's my journal. "Okay, I'll help you just to get you out of my hair." he stands up with my journal in hand.

"Don't open that,"

He opens the book. "Why not?" as he's about to read it, I tackle him.

Fleash to fleash. Bone to bone. Beating heart, to cold dead heart. "What the hell?" standing up I feel alive and dead all at once.

I hear Will sister come out of her room. Grabbing my journal, I don't even think about it and faze right though the wall. Soon as I'm in my main secret room, I look at myself. But I'm a ghost once more. "What's happening?" I whisper as the journal falls to the floor and flips open with hearts around a boy name. "Erik," saying his name brings back a rush of memories.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe?
Recommend?
Comment?