Haunted

Is that My Heart Beating?

It was him. He was standing by the tree in the front yard, the one that made you have to do a circle around if you wanted to get out if you didn’t want to back up into something.

I can't wait to get out of the car, so I just faze through the car and run up to him, as if he will open his arms to me. If only I had left the bracelet on. But he would know it was me. Wouldn’t he? So it was better to be safe than sorry. I mean, what would I say if he seen me, even with the changes to myself with the hair and name, "Hey Erik, don't freak out. I am really dead, but this bracelet makes me hole and it'll help me to find out who killed me and my family. By the way you look good," yeah I am really sure that wouldn’t go over well. One out of ten chances, he would pass out cold on the ground.

Will parks his car, then gets out and meets Erik in the middle, with me on his heals, looking him over. He looked about the same; a bit older cause of the stubs on his face, but that is to be expected. But why was he? I had thought he had moved and gone to a school somewhere else, it was always his plan, to play in a big school. Was he visiting his parents? I watch as Will and Erik shake hands. "So you want to check out the house?"

Erik shakes his head and glances at the second floor at the outside wall, as if he can look into my room, even if there is no window right there. If he would only look five feet to the right he would be looking right into a spare room. Erik then looks away. "Yeah, my girlfriend and her family use to live here. I spent a lot time here," he tells Will, as Will leads the way to the front door.

"So are you making sure we are treating the house good or something?" Will voice is stone with no emotion.

Erik shrugs his shoulders. "Not really, only here because I know how Alice loved this house. When we were kids, we would explore the hidden passageways,"

I see the quick look Will gives me and I can't help but look away. "It's not like we have had time, for me to show them all to you. There is one in your room that goes to the attic, I can show it to you after this," I tell him.

Course Will says nothing, as they walk into the living room first. "So where were you when her and her family died?" Will asks, as he takes Erik through the dining room.

Erik almost looks ill. "I came over that night, to see if she wanted to sneak out. I had a spare key. I didn’t think of it, when all the lights were off. When I went upstairs, some of my friends were with me and they turned on the hall light. That is when I seen them laying all bloody. They must had been gone for an hour or so, I remember Alice getting colder in my arms. I tried to bring her back, but I was to late. The bastered shot her right in the chest." he holds back a sob, but just barely. "The bastred killed his little brother. A little kid for crying out loud, none of it was and is not right. This town is haunted by what happened and has been on their toes walking around glass, afraid they might know the killer and not know it."

Will is quite for a minute, as if he is thinking. But as I look closer, his eyes have changed color, as if he is seeing something. "What are you seeing?" I ask him.

He stands in place for a minute, then shakes his head. "Sorry to space out man, just got a thought is all. Come on, let me show you upstairs. We haven't painted or anything," he tells Erik, but even Erik is to far in his own thoughts to lesson, he just follows Will, as I follow them.

We go upstairs and it's like Erik is seeing that night again. He goes pale and balls up his fists. "You know, if I had invited everyone out to the movies, then they might all be alive." he whispers.

"You don’t know what would had happened," Will tells him. "For all you know, it could been a simple brake in that went wrong,"

"I seen the bullet holes. You don't kill people in the chest, unless it was meant to happen. Her dad had so many bullet holes in I'm, it was like he was a sprinkler,"

The way he frazes that makes me sick to my stomach, but I remember seeing dad body with five holes and mom with two. Whoever killed us, had something against dad. But what? "Ask him, if he remembers he might seen a strange car or something in the driveway that night. If he drove passed the house, he might had seen the car or something." I tell him.

"So that night, did you drive passed the house before you came back?" Will asks, as he shows him my brother old room, now decked out in pink walls and stuffed animals. It's almost hard to tell it was once a boy room.

-Tom would flip, if he could see his room now.-

"Yeah, but I didn’t see anything weird. It was like whoever was here just vanished. The cops found no weapon or fingerprints. It was like he was never here and somehow they all died of bullet holes."

I remember the night, when my family crossed over and the other ghosts. None of them could had killed us. It takes too much energy to manifest and move stuff at the same time. So whoever killed us had to be alive. Rubbing my head, there is something that wants to come through, but my memory of that night is still not all clear. -I want to say there was a second person, but I'm not sure.-

They come to my old room and Will almost doesn’t open it until, he grabs hold of the doorknob and swings open the door. "This is my room, which I guess was her's," he gives me a quick glance, then looks away.

Erik walks into my old room and looks around. "It's still the same," he spots the boxes. "That all her stuff?" Will shakes his head. "I remember when they had the wake, I came to say goodbye, but I couldn’t bring myself to take anything, cause it felt wrong. It still does if you ask me. Even the pictures, but I took them, just to have something of her's. So I could look at her smiling face and think about of what could had been," Erik shakes his head and runs his fingers through his fingers that way, that makes me want to smooth it over again, just to feel how soft it is. "Crazy as it sounds, I always feel her around me," he then looks up and it's as if he can see me. "I was going to ask her to marry me after high school, but-" he takes a deep breath, looks away and stands up straighter. "It never happened,"

The words of him wanting to marry me wakes something in me. I feel my heart start up. I mean I really do feel it in my chest, as if I am alive again and I feel butterflies in my stomach. Would had he really gone through with it, would we be married by now? Have kids? Shaking my head, I turn away. "Stopped dreams that will never come true," I whisper, then I faze out of the room and end up downstairs, leaning against the painted window by the front door.

I can still feel my heart and then all the sudden, I feel like someone is reaching through my chest and grabbing hold my heart. Looking up, it's the man Danny. "Why do you love that other man?" he squeezes on my heart and I try to pull his hand out of my chest.

"What are you talking about? I don't know you,"

"Tell me, why I wasn't enough!" he yells.

I remember the vision I had up in the attic and I pick words that the woman didn’t use. "Because, you are a murder. You killed my family, didn’t you! You used someone else body to kill us!" I yell and my yell and energy is so powerful it shakes the house. "Why did you kill us?!"

He pulls out my heart, and even though I am already dead, it still freaks me out how much my heart looks real. "At least I will know where your heart will be, even if you aren't with me," he tells me.

Opening my eyes, I gasp for air and I notice I am in the living room, laying on the floor still in ghost form. "What did I just see?" I whisper and even as I whisper, it feels like someone had tried to choke the life out of me. Had Danny taken over someone body, to kill my family. If he had, why did he? And if he hadn't, did our deaths wake up his memory of killing that girl?

"Thanks for showing me around," Erik says to Will as they go to the front door.

"Yeah no problem, have a safe trip home," Will says as he opens the door.

"Yeah thanks," then Erik is gone.

Soon as the door is closed, Will looks over to me and rushes over to me. "You won't believe what I seen in my vision,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, at long last I update this storie :), sorry for the wait.