‹ Prequel: You Never Know
Status: Work in Progress - i will try to update weekly if school allows

Starting Over

Jealous Feeling

2. Jealous Feeling

(Nicole’s POV)

I wake up to the sound of someone pounding on my door. I roll over and see that it’s only six in the morning. ‘I’m going to strangle whoever is at the door at this ungodly hour on an off day’ I think to myself as I swing my legs over the side of the bed. The pounding gets louder as I walk down the hall to the main room.

I swing the door open, “What?!”

Andrew and Brandon both jump back from the door.

“Geez Nic! Give us a heart attack why don’t you,” Shaw exclaims as he grabs his chest, the smile on his face shows that he’s joking. He brushes past me and sits on my couch.

“What the hell, Shaw!” I’m still tired and not in the mood for his shenanigans.
“What?” the look of innocence crosses his features; Saad is still standing in the hallway looking a bit sheepish.

“I told him it was too early to bother you,” Brandon offers as an apology. Now I feel bad for yelling at the poor guy.

I let out a sigh, “it’s fine, come on in Brandon and make yourself at home.” I open the door wider and Saad shuffles past me to claim the recliner – Andrew has set the T.V. to some action movie.

I walk over and sink into the cushions next to Shawzie and lean my head back. I can feel eyes on me so I look over and see Andrew looking at me.

“What?” I question again.
“You look tired,” he states.
I let out a bark of a laugh, “I am. I didn’t sleep well and then you guys decide to wake me up at 6 a.m.”
Andrew tilts his head slightly before saying, “You can use me as a pillow to make up for it, if you want. I’m way more comfy than the way you’re sitting now.”

I think it over for a moment before giving him a small nod and leaning against his shoulder. Right before I can get comfortable, Andrew wraps his arm around me and moves my small frame so my head in more on his chest than shoulder. I can see Brandon glance at us before focusing on the movie.

“Better?” Andrew asks softly – his breath brushing against my hair.
“Yeah,” I answer.

I feel him move once more as a blanket lands softly against me; effectively covering both of us. Andrew’s slow breathing and steady thump of his heart lull me into a peaceful sleep.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Andrew’s POV)

Brandon and I sit in Nicole’s apartment as the movie drones on. I had fallen asleep with Nicole on my mind and had woken up the same way. After playing her last season – and her kicking my ass in our fight – I had developed a crush on the petite brunette; and now she was on my team.

Brandon was the only guy that new about my crush. He had known since last season and being roommates both at home and on away trips these things are talked about.

So he wasn’t surprised when I barged into his room at 6a.m. demanding that he wake up and go across the hall with me – all so I could see those dark eyes.

What we hadn’t expected was for Nicole to be completely pissed that we were there that early. When she opened the door her hair was in a messy pony tail, no makeup, and angry – like – really angry.

And what do I do? Walk in like I own the place. ‘Good job, Andy’ is what I think when I take up residence on her sofa.

But to my surprise she doesn’t kick us out. Sure, she was tolerating us, but that was better than a harsh “Get out.”

Nicole sits next to me – Brandon had claimed the recliner – and leans her head back.
I take a moment to really look at her. Nicole had dark circles under her eyes and looked like she had been crying at some point – her eyes were red. I must have looked to long because Nicole returns my gaze.

“What?” She questions as I continue to stare.
“You look tired,” I states – it’s the truth after all.
Nic let out a bark of a laugh, “I am. I didn’t sleep well and then you guys decide to wake me up at 6 a.m.”

I tilts my head slightly before saying, “You can use me as a pillow to make up for it, if you want. I’m way more comfy than the way you’re sitting now.”

Nicole seems think it over for a moment before giving me a small nod and leaning against my shoulder. Before she can get too comfortable, I wraps my arm around her and moves her small frame so her head in more on my chest than shoulder – damn if it doesn’t feel amazing to have her so close. I can see Brandon glance at us before focusing on the movie.

“Better?” I ask softly – my breath brushing against her dark locks.
“Yeah,” Nicole answers simply.

I move once more to pull the blanket off the back of the couch; effectively covering both of us. I feel Nicole’s breathing slow and watch as her eyes flutter shut. Brandon is giving me a shit eating grin from his spot but doesn’t say anything. After another ten minutes of the movie I can feel my eye lids getting heavy and allow myself to drift into a peaceful sleep.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Regular POV)

Nicole wakes several hours later as the sun light fills the room. She shifts against the cushions as a strong arm wraps tighter around her waist. Andrew was still in the same sitting position but his head was leaned back as soft snores escaped.

Nicole untangled herself from both Andrew and the blanket and walked into the kitchen area. Her phone was plugged in and flashing – she had several missed messages.

(((NOTE!!!! Nicole’s handles are different depending on whom she is talking too and what they call her
The messages are as fallowed – Mike Green, Eric Staal, Pascal Dupuis, Geno, Pauly, James, Kris, Jordan Staal)))

MIKE_NOTYOURBROTHER_GREEN>> Hey Princess. Are you even alive anymore? Don’t know if you’re still ignoring everyone but we play you and your new team first…wanted to see if you were up for getting lunch or dinner. We will be in Chicago early and we’re staying the night…if you continue to ignore us Alex, Sasha, Nick, Braden and I are going to tear Chicago apart…you see we have a special set of skills…we know who you are…..we will find you….. And you will regret it ;)

Nicole laughed softly before answering Mikey’s text for the first time since the season ended.

PRINCESSGREEN>> Calm down Mikey! Dinner sounds great. I would love to see you and the boys when you get here. Sorry about the freeze but I had a lot going on and needed a break…..

MIKE_NOTYOURBROTHER_GREEN>> SHE IS ALIVE!!!!!!!! We we’re planning a kidnapping if you didn’t respond soon. You can tell us what’s been going on at dinner – don’t think you can get out of it either….

PRINCESSGREEN>> I’m assuming Alex was the one heading the kidnapping, right? You can tell him to chill and hello for me. I will see you guys then!

Nicole moved to the next text:

ESTAAL>> so…. I’m kind of missing my non-sister and would love to hear from her. I know Jordan messed up but do you really need to ignore me too? (Insert my best impression of a puppy here) at least let me know that you’re alive killer

KILLERGREEN>> Hey Ricky…. Sorry about the long absence…. Yes I’m still alive and I miss my non-brother too (Insert equally best impression of a puppy here) Jordan wasn’t the only one to screw up so don’t blame or be mad at him

ESTAAL>> Yes! My puppy dog face worked like a charm! It’s good to hear from you, Killer. He told me it was all him but we can talk about that later – in person – I have to run right now but keep in contact this time sis

KILLERGREEN>> cross my heart

Nicole was overcome with guilt as she read the next few messages:

SUPERDUPER>> Nicole, I hope all is well. The family and I miss you greatly. Please call or text soon we would all love to hear from you – Pascal

RUSSIANBEAR>> Miss принцесса (Princess) please answer.

PERFECTSEVEN>> girly you need to answer….you have until the opening day…..

REALDEAL>> if you continue to ignore us we will come for you

TANGO>> don’t worry about Pauly and Nealer. They are getting desperate to hear from you. Don’t forget us ma belle.

STAALSY>> Nic, please answer me. I need to see you, my feelings haven’t changed

It was the same message she had received all summer – the same one she had ignored along with every other Penguin player that had tried to contact her.

Nicole wiped a tear from her eye as her door opened and her new Captain walks in.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Tazer’s POV)

I wake up as the sun streams though the window. I had planned to sleep late for once but forgot to close the blackout shades. I see that it’s eight o’clock and decide to go see how the new neighbor was doing. I smiled as I thought about Nicole living next door.

The single date we had was one of the best I had ever been on and the chemistry was there then; truthfully it felt like it was still there. But Sidney had beaten me to the punch by asking Nicole out first. I know how they ended – Nicole had called me after all – but I had never thought she would have willingly left Pittsburgh.

I toss a shirt and a pair of gym shorts on and walk down the hall. I turn the knob just to see if she was up without knocking – if it was locked I would go back to my own apartment. But the knob turned and I walked in.

I was surprised to see Shaw and Saad passed out on Nicole’s living room set. She was in her kitchen area. I see her brush her hand across her cheek as if she was crying. Nicole looks up and sees me come in and gives me a bright smile.

“Good morning Captain. How are you?” Nicole says as she gives me a hug – she fits perfectly against me.

“I’m good,” I say looking down at her, “What happened there?” I motioned to the Living room.
“They decided to wake me up to watch a movie at six. Now they’re both passed out,” Nicole giggled softly.

“What about you?” I ask with some concern, Nic had been dead tired last night.
“I fell asleep first. Andy was kind enough to allow me to use him as a pillow,” She says as she brushes a dark strand of hair behind her ear.

Jealously flares red hot as I try and not show it, “Oh, okay.”
Nicole gives me a knowing look, “Easy Captain. We’re just friends,” She says with a dazzling smile.

I return the smile but the jealous feeling doesn’t leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is Chapter 2 guys!

Let me know what you think!

All comments and suggestions are welcomed!