Status: Message

Keira

Chapter 12

Theme song: Awake by: Godsmack

Keira's theme song: The Howling by: WIthin Temptation

That Night Keira was patrolling the halls, until she felt that most of the kids settled down.

She wonders into one of the smaller kitchens, where Bobby Drake (Rogue's boyfriend) Was sitting eating yogurt.

"Hey Keira."

"Bobby." She nods, to the boy grabbing a coke out of the fridge she turns to look out the window.

She watched the bushes sway in the cold night air, her keen yellow eyes watching to make sure nothing was there. Though she had bad feeling, something was going down tonight.

Both silent, they relax in a comfortable silence, until Keira smelled Logan coming their way.

"Doesn't anybody sleep around here?" Logan asks, walking into the kitchen.

"Apparently not." Bobby says, sarcastically.

Keira ignores them blocking their talking out, her wolf ears picking up something but she can't tell what.

She heard Bobby mention her and Jean but blocked it again, something just wasn't right. Not tonight any way, she was becoming royally antsy her finger tapping on the counter as she finished her coke.

That's when a new sent hit her nose, Keira stood. Logan looked up as she ran out of the room Shifting to her wolf form.

"What was that about?" Bobby asks.

Keira's eyes wondered the halls, she was on the lookout for the intruder.

She was thankful for her black fur being able to blend in with the dark.

Keira hear multiple foot falls, and new smells. There was more then one intruder, seeing flashlights coming toward her, she ducks into one of the rooms waiting for the men to pass. She noticed they were army, some wearing camo face paint, this wasn't good at all.

They all have guns as well, growling softly she sneaks up behind one of the men that were heading to the kitchen.

When Siren one of the mutants gives off an ear splitting shriek, alerting the rest of the mansion to the threat.

Growling she jumps one, while Logan gets the other Keira's dug into the man's back. She takes a chunk out of his throat, Logan looks at her nodding she nods as well.

Both her and Logan start going after the soldiers, the students started screaming up stairs to run. Keira knocks a guy on his back as she rips his throat off as well, her muzzle dripping with blood.

That's also about the time she heard helicopters, and knew more was coming. This was an invasion, almost a take over this pissed her off as she broke into a run following Logan up the stairs. Logan carrying one of the kids, he hands him over to Pete aka colossus who offed to help.

Waiting for one soldier to come around the corner, and Logan took him out. While Keira took the other one out, they continue to do this until they made it back to the main entrance.

Logan jumped over the balcony Keira following they both take out solders, that stopped Rogue's, Bobby's, and John's exit.

Shaking the blood from her fur as best she could, all five of them make their way to the front door when it burst open. Growling they take off running down another hall.

Fear gripped them as they made their way to a secret door, all three kids make it in when Logan closes it. Keira growls standing tall in front of Logan, her black fur standing tall as soldiers came around the corner.

"If you want to shoot me, shoot me!" Logan yells.

"Don't shoot him!" Some man yells "Not yet."

Keira didn't like the guys voice, adrenaline and fear kept racing through her vains as she growled lowly waiting for Logan's signal.

"Wolverine? Well, I must admit, this is certainly the last place...I'd expect to find you. How long has it been? Fifteen years? You haven't changed a bit me, on the other hand, nature." The dude touches his own face.

Keira growls even if Logan back down, she didn't like this man he and his men invaded the mansion.
Crouching she looks between Logan and said man.

"I didn't realize Xavier was taking in animals, even animals as unique as you."

"Who are you?" Logan demands.

"Don't you remember?"

Snarling she watches Logan slowly walking toward the guy, she was desperately yelling at Logan in her head. This was one of the moments were she wished she was a telepath.

That's when a wall of ice appears, Logan yelling no.

"Logan, Keira lets go." Rogue urges them.

Not having to tell her twice Keira bounds into the secret tunnel, Logan following after her. They start making a run for it to the garage, Keira realizes she was going to have to well climb.

She waited for the guys to climb up first before she shifted back, she climbs up last and shifts as Logan yells get in. Rogue, Bobby, and John all get in back by Logan's orders. Rogue opening the passenger side door, Keira jumps in the teen closing the door.

"This is Cyclops's car." Bobby points out.

To which Logan Flipped the bird with his claw, and "hot wired" It with said claw, they were off.
Knowing they were safe for now, Keira curls up in a ball and closes her eyes she falls asleep while the other's talk.

That was until Nsync came blasting through the speakers, making Keira jump.
John was leaning over the seat, he presses number 3 on the radio and something comes out of the console.

"I don't think that's the CD player." John mutters.

"Sit back." Logan tells the kid.

Rogue looks back at Logan "Where we going?"

"Storm and Jean are in Boston. We'll head that way." Logan confirms.

"My parents live in Boston."

"Good."
_____________________________________________________________
Boston, nice city but unfortunately for Keira, she was the only one who stands out due to her wolf form.

It was also a problem when, it came to the fact that well Bobby's parents had no clothes that fit her, and no one stopped at a store.

This just seemed to piss her, as she roamed the house sniffing out scents.

Good clean kept home, to rich for her blood, then again so was the mansion but at least that's a school. roaming back into the kitchen she saw Logan opening a beer, when a cat jumped onto the counter making Logan jump and bring out his claws.

He had a startled look as the cat licked the beer off one of them, causing Logan to relax and smile a bit. Scoffing Keira rolled her eyes, the cat had been bragging how he was getting on Logan's good side making Keira bark in annoyance.

That's when Bobby's parent's and brother walked in, the mother looked startled seeing Logan and then Keira.

Sitting all the living room Keira laid down beside Logan's feet.

"So when did you first know you were a..."

"A mutant?" John put in.

Keira snorted when Bobby's mom asked, John to stop messing with his lighter.

"You have to understand...we thought Bobby was going to a school for the gifted." Bobby's dad put in.

To which Rogue defended "Bobby is the gifted."

"We know that, we just didn't realize..."

"we still love you, Bobby."

Keira scuffed that's what her father said when she sprouted her ears and tail, look where she landed. Just a bunch of bull shit.

"It's just that this mutant problem..."

"What mutant problem?" Logan asks, irritated.

"Complicated."

They all continued talk, it got to the point where it was getting annoying, standing she trots outside not wanting to hear anymore.

She notices it got quiet...to quiet for her liking until she saw cops.

Standing she howls a warning to Logan and the others, as they all scramble outside.

Cops pull up, and a police officer pulls a gun out on Logan. Growling Keira stands in front of the group.

"Drop the knives and put your hands in the air."

A female cop came to the other side.

"This is just a misunderstanding." Logan tells them, as the officer repeats himself.

Keira growls as she goes on her hunches, ready to attack who ever comes at them.

"I can't. Look." Logan holds his fist up, and retracts his claws.

Startled the officer shoots causing Rogue to scream, Keira looks around her yellow eyes moving from car to car. Her claws digging into the porch wood, she snarls as the officers tell the kids to lay down on the ground.

"You know all those dangerous mutants you hear on the news? I'm the worst one."

John goes nuts causing fire ball after fire ball, to attack officers and cars alike not stopping until Rogue took her glove off and made him stop.

Hearing a wiring noise, they all look up to see the x-jet come hovering down onto the lawn. About that time Logan sprung up like nothing happened, rolling her eyes Keira runs to the jet and up the ramp.

Seeing a new mutant on bored she ignores him, Storm smiles and hands her a black tank and a pare of shorts. Nodding she head to a secluded part of the jet, and changed.