Status: Message

Keira

Chapter 17

Sighing Keira found herself in front of Loki's holding cell, she was watching him pace. As he watched her stair at him in fascination.

"What do you want from me?" She finnaly asks.

Loki stops, turning to look at her.

"A Queen...someone who would enjoy ruleing by my side. Not just that, someone who understands...who understands my pain."

Keira stands away from the wall, she was leaning against.

"And you think that would be me? A woman made for the wild, a feral. Someone who can change into a wolf, who as no combat or fighting skills."

Loki looked at her sadly "My dear why would you fight? You could be free, free from this pain. Free to be what you were born to be, you wouldn't have to fight."

Keira looked at him, his green eyes meeting her yellow. He seemed to speak the truth and she felt the urge to help him.

Turning Keira ran out of the room and into Banner's lab being shared by her brother.
_____________________________________________________________
She was happy her brother was more focased on hacking Shield though, Keira seemed intrested when Bruce told her about something being fishy.

So she watched the nurds at work when Fury walked in.

"What are you doing Mr. Stark?"

Keira rolled her eyes "Isn't it obviouse? Their analizing Loki's staff."

Bruce nodded, as Tony looked at her wondering why she was defending him.

"Uh, kind of been wondering the same thing about you." Tony counter acts.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract."

Keira giggled "You know that's funny, because it seems to me that you have a claim in this just as much as Loki."

That's when something went off on the computer, Tony was on.

"What is "Phase 2"?" Tony asks, Keira looks at the spy glaring at him.

"Something I don't like the sound of." Keira grumbled.

"You wouldn't, Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D. Uses the Cube to make weapons."

Steve comes in with a big ass gun, growling Keira's eyes flash a bright yellow.

Fury seemed frustraighted "Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're making..."

Growling Keira goes to stand beside Steve, as Tony interrupts.

"I'm sorry, Nick. What were you lying?"

Keira scanned the screen seeing something that looked like WMDs.

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit."

Bruce turned to look at Ramonoff as she and Thor walk in, asking if she knew.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this enviroment, Doctor?"

Keira scoffs "No one is leaving until we get some goddamn answers!"

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed." Bruce told her.

Keira seemed shocked, that was way off the grid and S.H.I.E.L.D still managed to find him.

The Russian spy fallowed Banner "Loki's manipulating you."

Keira scoffed "Bull shit, if he was he'd be standing here right now."

"And you've been doing what, exactly? I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

Keira turned to look at the spies in the room, wondering the same damn thing. Her arms crossed she waits, when fury points to her and Thor.

"Its because of them!"

"Us?" Thor and Keira say simultaneously.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. The same year, Keira's mutant proffessor tried taking out the human race, and the year before that a mutant named Magneto tried making humans into mutants." Fury tells them.

Tony looks at his sister then Thor, Keira's fists clench trying to keep the wolf at bay.

Thor looked at Keira then Fury "My people want nothing but peace with your planet."

Keira growls "And as for us mutants, we just want to be excepted or left alone!"

Fury turns to Thor ignoreing Keira "But you're not the only people out there, are you? and you're not the only threat."

"Bull shit! Like Loki you want to take control...you feel like your not in control, you not a mutant or a superhero with powers. Your just a little man with a patch over his eye, thinking if you can threaten anyone before they threaten you, you won the war before its started."
Fury turns to glare at her, as she continues.

"You're scared of the unknown so, you make toys to combat the unknown to keep whatever you think is evil at bay," Keira laughs "I have news for you, little man someone is going to come in with bigger and better toys and take you out. I can't wait to be there when it happens."

"Keira's right, messing with the Tesseract means to every other form. That your ready for a higher form of war."

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something." Fury said, as if that justified everything.

Keira shook her head "Maybe Loki is right," She thought to herself "Maybe we need someone who can rule the humans..."

"A Nuclar Deturrent. Because that always calms everything right down." Tony puts in.

"A Nuke! Are you insane!?" Keira yells.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark."

Steve tried to cover for Tony, but Tony came in with a snark question.

"I thought humans were more evolved than this." Thor stated then asked.

Keira scoffs as the thunder god looks at her "You'd think but unfortunaly there's always someone like this ass wipe." She points to fury.

"Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?" Fury buts in.

"Oh that's funny, coming from the man who is trying to rid the world of mutants."

Everyone was argueing, voices raising Keira was trying to hold back her anger as she defended her and Thor.

That's when Steve and Tony started arguing with each other, though Steve was defending Keira wondering why Tony never came for his sister. Why he never cared.

That's when everyone stopped seeing, Docter Banner with the Scepter.

The computer went off, and by the time Thor got out that the Tesseract belongs on Asgaurd, the flying carrier blew up.

Everyone went flying, Keira was grabbed by Thor who held her elbow.

"Are you alright Milady?"

Shaking her head Keira looks up and nods "Yes, thank you Thor."

All hell seemed to break loose, Banner turned into the Halk and well mind control agents were attacking.

Keira didn't know what to do, Thor wanted her to stay out of the way. So she went after some the agents tearing some into swiss cheese. She was trying to find Steve and Tony but stopped, what was she to do when she found them?

She was usless again and new it...she turned aheading for the main room.

But everything stopped the fighting, everything was normal...or so she thought.

It seemed Coulson was one of the caslties lost, Keira didn't meet with Fury, Steve, or Tony.

She was mad, mad at herself. She was usless she didn't do jack shit!
_________________________________________________________
Steve found her in a room, her head barried in her knees.

"Everything ok?"

Kira looks up at Steve then away from him, she didn't answer didn't want to answer. She was embarressed, ashamed of herself.

"What's wrong Keira, you can tell me anything." He tells her, laying a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Tell you? What would you understand? It's like everyone has thought, I'm usless I didn't even help fight I couldn't...Thor told me to stay away and by the time I get to the main part of the air ship, the fight is over...why am I even here?"

This seemed to surpise Steve, the girl seemed to sure of herself so confident.

Yet she had none, no confidence in herself. He could tell she wanted to belong, belong to somthing bigger then just herself, but no one gave her the time of day.

"Because you are strong, you can be the woman your meant to be, and if you'll have me I want to be by your side. I want to help you train hone what skills you think you don't have. I think now would be the best start don't you?"

Keira looks up into the blue eyes of Steve Rogers, the man who didn't think of her as a circuse freak.

"Why?"

"Why, what?"

"Why, help me? Among others why me? I keep wondering the same about Loki..."

"Loki?"

Keira stopped her eyes wide like saucers.

"Yeah...he umm tried to convince me to join him..." She mummbles looking away.

Steve fround at her "But you didn't...why?"

"Because I'm not like him...even if he showed me many times. I want to be more...but at the same time I can't."

"Why can't you?"

"Why are you asking me this? Why do you even care? I'm nothing!" She yells.

"But you are, you are someone. You can do this you can help fight! Your strong!"

Steve yells back his eyes stern yet full of hope for her, that's when he decided to train her. Train her to fight in both her human and wolf form.