Status: Message

Keira

Chapter 2

Theme song: Sweet Sacrifice by: Evanescence

"Girl get your ass here now!"

Sighing Keira knew what this was about, sort of...she made a mess but somewhat cleaned it.
Whatever she was going to get beat weather it be that or something else.

She hated this, she hated a lot of things. Her life, her father, her brother, her mother, and step-father. But most of all she hated what she was, a mutant.

Sigh she makes her way across the hall into the kitchen, she was waiting for dinner to finish but as she walked in well, that dinner was all over the floor.

It was in the oven baking but now...

Before she had time to register what was happening, her step-father pushes her to the floor.

"Bitch! You little, Bitch! You made this mess, now clean it up!" He yells, kicking her in the stomach.

Whimpering Keira trys to get away, but the man slams his foot on top of her chest. Her breath cought in her throat, looking up at her step father she watched as he tore his leather belt from around his waist.

"Your gonna get it, your gonna get it big time!" He snears at her.

Closing her eyes she waited, waited for the pain to hit anger seemed to boil up.

Rage, anger, every emotion she kept bottled up sense she was three, where coming out in waves.

A guteral growl emited passed her lips, her body started shaking. Somthing was trying to come out, rip her from the inside out; and she was going to let it.

If you blinked you would have missed it all together, her skin burst from her body and was replaced by fur. Her arms, hands, and feet were replaced by four legs and paws.

She stood as tall as a human, her fur is black as cole, and her eyes a bright deadly angry yellow.

The Wolf had taken over, protecting its human side. Shaking off the fear, Keira's step father went to attack when the Wolf jumped pinning him to the floor of the kitchen.

Growling the Wolf bit into the man's neck silencing him for the last time.
__________________________________________________________
Canada, a wonderfule vastness of greenery, but it also had harsh winters.

Keira was happy to be away from New York. After having no memory of the insident, her Wolf had taken over that night running out of the house after killing her step father.

After the incident, Keira had woken nakid in the middle of a cold cave. She had no idea what happened, she remembered the anger the fear and then nothing blackness.

It took her a few years to shift by herself, using her anger she learned to control it on her own.

But now she stay'd in her wolf form, she realized people were crule no matter where you went.

Mutants are feared among other things, people didn't trust them.

Some threatned to kill her, other's calling the cops. So she wandered the forests of Canada, her fur coat keeping her warm, there was enough rabbit and elk around so she wouldn't go hungry.

It took her just as much time to control her wolf, then it took to learn how to hunt.

It seamed that the inctinct of hunting took over, after learning control.

She loved it though being a wolf more then human she loved listening to the birds, she descoved that she could talk to animals, and call on her wolf spirit for help if she needed it.

Keira never joined a pack, and packs never let her join even if she wanted to.

She's a lone wolf, but if a pack needed her help she'd be there. Weather to protect them from a bear or a human she never let any wolves get hurt.

Now here she was twenty something years old and wondering the woods.

Stopping she looks around, seeing smoking in the north she figured humans are camping. Sniffing the air she could smell steak, her muzzle salivating at the thought of red meat.

Bounding through the trees, she comes to a stop seeing a rust bucket truck with a camper attached and a fire pit out front. In the middle of the fire sat the red meat, licking her muzzle she looks around sniffing the air.

She should leave, this was human territory, she needed to leave and go back to the woods. Keira could cetch a rabbit or something for dinner, but the meat smelled to good her instense yellow eyes stairing at the meet.

Looking around once more Keira figured it was safe enough, creeping quietly with the master of stealth she makes her way to the fire. Until she realized her dilemma...she needed to be human in order not to burn her muzzle.

Closing her eyes she shifted from wolf to human, her bare warm due to her wolf form, sp the cold had no effect. She grabs a near by pointy stick and jams it into the meet.

That's when she heared a stick snap from behind her. Keira stiffened her whole body at attention, her ears flicked behind her.

"Best let the meat go girl, or we're going to have a problem." a gravely voice spoke behind her.

Slowly turning, she sees a man in a leather brown jacket, three layers of shirts, faded pair of form fitting jeans and steal toad boots.

His hair was pushed back into what looks like ears, the man sent out the vibe of feral.

Keira watch him weirly she wasn't in the mood to fight.

The man looked her over seeing she wore no clothes none what so ever.

"Where your clothes kid? You do know its winter right?"

She didn't say anything, the man didn't seam to notice the ears on top of her head or the tale protruding from the end of her butt.

"Where you from?"

Nothing.

"Can you talk?"

He shakes his head starting to walk to her, yelping Keira moves away. Humans arn't to be trusted, no matter if he or she smelled feral or not.

"look kid, I'm not going to hurt you."

Keira scoffed and snorted finnaly she talked.

"That's what they all say, you think your the first person to say that?" Her tail swung in agitation.

That's when he finnaly noticed her ears and tails, he seamed to understand after that. Many people tryed to earn her trust but then something would happen.

"We're alot a like," He nods bend close to the fire "a mutant shund by society."

Keira scoffs "I wasn't shund...I shund them I came to live out here." She mummbles stairing at the fire.

"Got a name kid?"

"I'm not a kid! I'm far from a pup as well! I'm a woman! My name is Keira Stark!" She growls.

The man smirks, oh he knew she was a woman, all woman in fact. Her black hair reaching her tail, some of it covering her plump round breasts, it was wild like her never to be taimed. Her eyes a bright yellow that spelled danger.

There was something more to her, he could tell but just didn't know what; or if he wanted to know.

"Names Logan." He tells her as he takes the steak away from the fire.

That's when Keira remembered her hunger problem, noding she turned to the forest where her pray was waiting.

"Where do you think your going?"

Keira looked back at Logan "Hunting, I'm hungry."

That's when the steak was thrown at her feet "Eat, I have another I can make."

Looking at the steak in front of her, she looks at Logan who went back inside.

Taking the steak Keira began to each, her teath tearing into the meat as she scarffed it down. By the time Logan had come back out, she had finished it and was liking her fingers clean.

Logan smirked "Taking it, it was good." Keira nodded, as she looked back at the forest.
"You got any family?"

She stiffened at the question, she looks down at her hands. Images of her Wolf tearing into her step-father.

"My brother...runs a buisness...my mother I don't know where she is...I killed my step dad. My birth father died...cause was unknown." She mummbles, images of blood flying and the asshole screaming for help.

Logan could tell it bothered her, something bad happened when she said she killed her step dad.

"Well you can travel with me, but on one condition."

Keira looked at the man sharply "Why would I travel with you?!" she yells.

Logan smirked showing her his metal claws "We're alike, and I figured you might not want to be alone anymore."

Keira sighed looking back at the woods "What's your condition?"

"Your going to have to wear clothes."

Keira looked down at herself nodding.

"It's going to be weird but...fine by me." She mummbles "haven't worn clothes in a long time."

Logan nods "Figured."