Status: Message

Keira

Chapter 4

Waking up Keira rubed her hazy eyes, groaning she opens them looking up at the ceiling of the motel she blinks memories of watching Logan fighting came back. Her drinking....freaking out she lifts her blankets only to find the clothes she wore from the night before.

"Damn it!" she yells

"I tried tell you." Her wolf comes through clear "But you didn't listen in you're dream. How was he by the way?"

"Shut up, just shut the hell up!!!"

Hearing a snort Keira looks beside her bed, to see him sleeping in an uncomfortable chair. His arms crossed in front of him.

Groaning she flops back down "I hate me."
___________________________________________________________
Keira woke a few hours later, Logan missing from his spot on the chair.

Sitting up she see's a note on the bedside table, picking it up she reads it.

"went to get the trailor truck and food, be back soon."

She smiled at his handwriting sighing, she grabs the remote turning the TV on the news was on.

It looked like a U.S Senate meeting, a woman with red hair and glasses stood before them.

Leaning forward she listened to what she had to say.

"We are now seeing the beginnings of another stage of human evolution. These mutations manifest at puderty...and are often triggered by periods of heightened emotional stress."

Keira nods, figureing that's how it happened to her. That's when a man with slicked back blond hair and eye glasses stood, the name Senator Kelly poped up on the screen.

"Thank you, Ms. Grey It was quite educational. However, it fails to address the issue that is the focus of this hearing. Three words: Are mutants dangerous?"

Keira didn't like this guy at but then again she didn't like most people.

"I'm afraid that's an unfair question, Senator Kelly. After all, the wrong person behind the wheel of a car can be dangerous." Ms. Grey encounters.

"Well, we do license people to drive."

"Yes, but not to live. Senator, it is a fact...that mutants who have come forward and revealed themselves publicly...have been met with fear, hostility, even violence. It is because of that ever present hostility...that I am urging the Senate to vote against mutant registration. To force mutants to expose themselves only further..."

Keira had to applaud the red head for standing up to these assholes, it takes courage to do something like that.

"Expose themselves? What is it the mutant community has to hide I wonder...that makes them so afraid to identify themselves?"

Keira groaned and turned the tv off she was getting tired of the political bullshit, it was because of men like him people like her are scared. What if it goes as far as bringing back WW2 Nazi consentration camps and round up all the mutants.

Shaking her head Keira stands as Logan came in with a bag of clothes.

"Hey get dressed, we need to head out." she nods, grabing the bag she pulled on a grey tank top, and blue jeans torn at the knees.

She was happy her body temp was higher the normal people, she wore her leather red jacket so she didn't look inconspicuous. People like senator Kelly really didn't need to know what she is, not that she was ashamed she loves her wolf form.

Slipping on her heals she saunters over to Logan who held out her beanie and jacket, taking it she brushes against him.

"It's to bad I can't sleep for a few more minutes." She mummbles.

"Ha!" Her wolf barks in her mind.

"Shut the hell up!" She yells, out loud.

Raising his eye brow he watches as she storms out of the motel.

"Always the crazy ones." He mutters.

Putting her dirty clothes in the back of the trailor she hops in the cab, she pulls her beanie over her head.
__________________________________________________________
Keira was happy they had made it on time, usually it took them a while traviling through back roads and such.

Logan was signing up for the cage match for tonight, Keira stood off to the side leaning against a wooden pole. Her arms crossed, as her yellow eyes scaned the truck stop/bar.

These poor saps had no idea what was waiting for them, but that's what made the whole thing fun.

That night she picked her usual spot in the back, but still where Logan can see her and her him.

He had taken his shirt off a few fights ago, his dog tags gleaming in the dim light of the bar. Keira smirks as she leans forward, watching as he took a sip of beer.

Cheers and boos echo'd around her as Logan took down the man in front of him.

"Gentlemen, in all my years, in all my years I've never seen anything like that." The announcer
came over the speaker Keira smirking as others yelled and hollard "Are you gonna let this man walk away with your money?"

People started yelling no, but Keira could care less. Her man stood leaning against the cage cigar in hand, this whole thing turned her on. Everytime he fought, everytime he took his shirt off she wanted him, wanted to jump and take him not careing if anyone saw.

That's when a man a few rows off to the side broke her consentration yelling "I'll fight him!"

Logan took the last swig of his beer as the anouncer yells "Ladies and gentleman, our savior!"

She snorts knowing this wasn't going to last long, this dude was the last fight of the night.

Once the bell rang the guy made the mistake of going at Logan first, kicking him where the announcer told him not to. This pissed even Keira off, but knew Logan was going to come back and kick this guys ass.

"Come on Wolverine!" Keira yelled, above the crowed standing up holding her leather red jacket.

That's when Logan got up and took down the guy down hard and fast, she smirked as the accouncer called the match calling Logan the king of the cage which was true, He was.

Walking to the cage she met Logan.

"Meet me at the bar darlin." Keira nods smirking

"Yes Sir, and you did awesome as always." Smiling she skips to the bar.
_______________________________________________________________
Sitting down at the bar, Keira ordered her usual rum with coke.

A teen girl sat across from her, Keira took a sip of her rum not really paying attention to her. She figured the teen was a run away, possibly a mutant but didn't want to acknowledge her.

That's when Logan came from behind her ordering a beer, he pulls the stool up beside her taking a sip.

"Well mister King of the cage. Where we off to after this? I'm getting kinda hungry..."

She winks at him as Logan smirks, but then makes short eye contact with the runaway across from them before looking back at the TV. The news announcing something about Ellis Island, which both people could care less about.

Not few moment later the guy Logan fought against taps him on the shoulder.

"You owe me some money."

Keira snorts as she takes a gulp of her drink, the guys friend trying to get him to leave.

"No man takes a beating like that without a mark to show for it."

Here we go again, Keira finished her drink as Logan takes a leisurely sip of his beer.

That's when the guy leaned in "I know what you are, bet the slut your with is the same thing."

"You lost your money. Keep this up, you'll lose something else." Logan threatened, Keira trying to keep her anger in. How dare this asswipe threaten them.

Keira heared a shink and the runaway yelling "Look out!"

Both Logan and Keira jumped up, Logan pushing the man against a beam his claws out and under the man's chin. Keira stood in a fighting stance, her eyes bright yellow as she looks around a deep guttural growl coming from her lips, as she backed him up.

That's when then bar tender pulled out a shot gun, cocking it he yells "Get out of my bar freaks!"

Keira growls and kicking the gun out of the man's hands, she grabs it as it falls and turns it on him.
Both couples look at their respective threats, both growling until Logan pulls his claws in he straightens his jacket.

"Keira, lets go." He puts a firm hand on her shoulder, breaking the gun in half she tosses it to the floor.

The runaway looked frightened but Keira could careless, they needed to leave.

following Logan, she grabs her jacket and they walk out, Keira's body shaking from anger and fear.

Even though Logan would never get hurt that didn't mean shit for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keira's outfit 2: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=149438132