Status: Message

Keira

Chapter 5

Theme song: The Howling by Within Temptation

Keira and Logan jumped in the front, as he started the truck.

"Well...we wont be going back there any time soon." Logan snorts, looking at her from his peripheral vision.

She shrugged looking out the window, she didn't even bother turning the radio on.

Silence was better for both of them giving them a chance to calm dow, her breathing evening finally after a few miles away from that retched bar.

Keira looks to him his face full of anger, looks down at his hand taking it in hers, she rubs his knuckles in a comforting manor, without speaking. The scent of a cigar hitting her nose, she loved the smell when ever he smoked it. Things were quite, when they heard a noise coming from the trailer holding the bike.

"It's probably the damn bike, probably not strapped on right." Keira grumbles sitting up.

She hated that their peace was disturbed, as Logan pulled over to the side of the road. He grumbled as he got out, leaving Keira in the truck.

Shaking her head she waited a few minutes, she heard Logan talking to someone before he climbed back in.

"What was it?"

"That girl from the bar, she was hitchhiking." He grumbles.

"You left her there? Logan she's just a kid, and it's cold out just let her come with us to the next stop and we'll leave her there ok?" Logan looks at her before stopping.

"Hate when you do that."

Keira snorts, as the girl climbed into the cab.

"Thanks." the girl spoke a thick southern accent coming from her.

Keira nods smiling a little as she scooted closer to Logan.

It had been quiet a few miles until the girl asked if they had food, nodding Keira pulls out some leftover beef jerky handing it to her.

She wanted so bad to take off her beanie but didn't know if the girl was a runaway, or a mutant or both.

So she just kept to herself until the girl looks at them "I'm Rogue."

The poor girl was looking for conversation and she wasn't going to get any between them.

Though Rogue did ask about Logan's dog tag, to which he hid in his shirt.

Rogue however went to comment on their trailer truck, to which Logan told her in not so many words that she could take their chances on the road. Making Rogue ketch herself and making Keira scoff trying to stifle a giggle.

When Logan went to turn on the heater, he went to take Rogue's hand's and show her, but the girl jerks' away.

"I'm not gunna hurt you kid." He pointed back at the heater with a nod, putting his cigar between his lips.

"It's nothing personal it's just that... when people touch my skin, something happens."

"What?" Both couples ask.

"I don't they just get hurt."

"Fair enough."

Silence filled the truck once more, Keira feeling awkward being close to him. She was tired, but fought to stay awake for the seconds that they didn't talk after Rogue asked about Logan's claws.
Keira sighed, knowing he hated talking about them. She knew his claws were a sore subject, he tries not using them as best he can but with assholes out there well...they do come in handy.

"So, what kind of name is Rogue?" Logan finally asked, which earned him a jab from Keira's elbow.

"I don't know. What kind of a name is Wolverine?" Keira snorts at the question.

"My name's Logan, this is Keira." Both girls smiled at each other.

Keira was never a big talker but would put her two cents in once in a while.

"Marie."

Once again silence filled the truck, Keira by then had started to doze when Marie told Logan that he should wear his seat belt. If she wasn't so tired Keira would have laughed in the pre-teen's face. It was also around the time where Keira had finally taken off her beanie exposing her wolf ears on top of her head.

Logan went to retaliate when a tree falls in front of the truck, causing both Logan and Keira to fly through the windshield. Both laying motionless on the ground, though Logan was the first to stir.

"Keira get up, you ok?"

The woman in question groaned as she staggered to her feet. "I'm going to kill whoever did that."

She grumbles rubbing her head.

As she said this Logan was already headed to the truck to help Marie.

Keira shed her coat when she smelled a sent, something similar to Logan's but some how different...another feral? How was that possible?

She was shaken from her thoughts, when a man in a fur skin coat came out roaring like a lion and attacked Logan. Without thinking Keira shifted into her wolf form, her clothes bursting from her body. The attacker stopped and looked at Keira who was growling, and baring her sharp canine teeth him.

The attacker turned to Logan and hits him with a giant tree limb, before turning back to her. That's what set her off, Keira growled viciously at the attacker as she broke out into a run. How dare he attack him! She was almost to the attacker when the snow started to pick up, but that didn't seam to stop her as she leapt into the air bit down on the man's throat. Pinning said man to the ground, her eyes glowed as she growled her teeth tearing into the man's flesh.

The man howled in pain grabbed her by the scruff of her neck and tossed her away.

As he did so Keira did a back flip mid air and landed on her paws, before she could attack again a red beam shot out at the man who in turn leapt back into the trees.

Turning to look where the red beam came from, she see's two strangers in black walking to the truck. Growling Keira jumped in front of them, her fur standing on end waiting for them to attack.

"We're here to help, and if you don't move they'll both die!" A man with a visor across his eyes yelled.

Looking back she sees the camper was indeed on fire, reluctantly Keira back down turning she made her way to Logan. Who lay's unconscious on the truck, the other stranger a woman with white hair came to help she hoisted Logan onto her shoulders and began to run away, Keira fallowing behind as the truck exploded.
______________________________________________________________
Keira sat in her wolf form beside Logan's motionless body, he hadn't stirred sense the attack and now she was in a jet headed to the states.

She hated that her home was blown to smithereens, her clothes were gone except her red leather jacket which was folded up and under Logan's head.

The strangers had introduced themselves as Scott and Ororo, they worked for a man named Professor Charles Xavier who runs a school for mutants. Apparently they were coming for her when she shifted for the first time, but ran off before they could get to her.

Laying down she used her front legs as a pillow, Rogue kept staring at her which annoyed the female wolf. She couldn't talk to their girl to tell her off, all she wanted was to make sure Logan was safe.

As they closed in on the school, Scott told everyone to buckle up which caused Keira to growl, letting him know she really couldn't. As the jet started to land Keira tried digging her claws into the metal, but wasn't working.

Seconds later the jet finally landed and the door, opened to let them out. Keira was the first one off happy to have all four paws on solid...well metal. Great more metal...there was no dirt or trees she wondered if she was underground.

"You would be right Ms. Stark." Looking to a door that opened Keira growled, two other people
came through the door. One a red head woman that she recognized from the news, the other a bald man in a wheel chair.

"You have nothing to fear here Ms. Stark." Slowly she calmed down her fur flattening back out.

"Scott did everyone get here alright?" The man asked.

Scott turned back to Marie and Ororo who were wheeling an unconscious Logan off the jet, whimpering she trotted to the gurney.

"More or less, Sabertooth was there. They both held their own until Sabertooth, knocked the man out but the umm...wolf held his own." Keira turned growling at the man with the visor.

"You mean her Scott, Ms. Stark here is a woman that can shift into a wolf." Scott looked between them.

"I'm sorry how rude of me, my name if Professor Charles Xavier. Your all safe here, I also believe Jean has some clothes for you Ms. Stark."

The red head known as Jean smiled waving her to fallow, looking back at Logan she hesitates before turning and bounding after the woman.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keira's wolf form: https://retrieverman.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/black-wolf-dominant.jpg