Hell Is Around the Corner

Two

Tuesday, the busiest day of the week. Sarah had always thought that Wednesday would be that day or even monday and Friday, but no; it was Tuesday.

People came and went, she made coffee and food; handed out the orders and even got a few dirty looks for taking a second longer then she should. Sarah was ready to get home and sleep. Even though it was only two in the afternoon, one of the busiest times of the day.

"Can I have a slice of pie and small coffee." The man spoke to the cashier, who was batting her lashes and leaning forward. She gave a swift slow nod as she placed the order, allowing him to pay. It wasnt long before Sarah was handing over a piece of pie and a small coffee.

She placed the plate and coffee on the counter and went to turn away, "Sarah." His voice was gruff, yet alluring. Slowly she turned back to him keeping her gaze low as to not catch eye contact. "That's a nice name, I knew someone by that name. I knew a few people by that name, its a nice name." She furrowed her brows as he took his stuff and left.

'Weirdo.'

The rest of the day was pretty calm, allowing her to take a few glances at the man. He was sitting with his back to her, only allowing her to see the man across from him; who seemed to stare at her as well. Each time she would turn her back to them and look at something else, a picture on the wall, children eating.

Anything but the two guys.

Sarah leaned against the wall with her arms crossed, the place was literally dead. There were a few people still inside but it was pretty much empty. Some one cleared their throat next to her causing her to jump slightly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." It was the other man, the one who kept watching her. "My name is detective martin, I'm here investigating a murder." Sarahs eyes furrowed, her arms now at her sides as she faced the man.

"Who was murdered?" Her voice was low.

The man pulled out his pen and pad. "If you don't mind, can I ask you a fee questuons?" Sarah shook her head, she was more then willing to help as much as possible. "First. May I have your full name?" She nodded.

"Sarah Rye."

He nodded and wrote her name down, she leaned against the wall. "Sarah did anything weird happen recently? Seeing more people out at night, new people in the area?" He looked at her waiting.

She hasn't paid much attention to her surroundings recently, she had been so stressed with work and school that she didn't notice anything. "No, I've been so busy I haven't " He nodded and jotted her answer down. Quickly he pulled a card from his coat and handed it to her.

"Call me to keep in touch, if you see anything strange; let me know right away."

Sarah nodded as the man walked away, tapping his partner on the shoulder; who quickly followed behind him with his pie in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its been a really long time since I wrote a supernatural fix, please bare with me.