The Life of a Female Gladiator

Chapter eight

Chains rattled in the fresh morning air. They felt cold and heavy around my wrists and ankles. I held onto my heavy sword with two hands, starring at the wooded door that stood a few feet away.

Felix was no where to be found, I felt panic as well as a new energy running through my veins. I was ready, this was okay.

The slight click of metal onto stone floor made a few of the girls I was with, jump. There was about ten of us, all female. A few looked as if they could take what was out there while others looked like whores that found themselves in a bad situation. Easy kills.

A smile spread onto my face as the doors slowly open. A million people cheered as we walked out, The speaker could barley be heard, he was a fat man with what looked to be vines rapped around his head. He wore a white rob and held grapes in this hand, ordering silence.

When the crowd quieted, he looked down on us. We where standing in a group in the middle of the ring, waiting for what ever might become of us.

"You will face lots of challenges today, however only one will make it out!" The cheers roared once more. I took a deep breath, and slashed my sword into my chains, breaking there weak, rusty links. I was free.

A small girl stood to my left, arms length away. She took only a small dagger as her weapon, and seemed to cowered behind the rest of us. I quickly moved into my fighting stance, as I faced her. She looked at me with horror, as did the rest of the group.

"Wait, what are....?" She tried to speak over the crowd that cheered me on.

Raising my sword, she turned to run. However the heavy metal I had in my hand came down slicing right through her head, getting stuck half way. Blood shot out like cannons as she fell to the ground. The rest of the girls screamed and the crowed cheered. Resting my right foot on the side of the dead girls head, I pulled my sword out.

This was going to be fun.

Laughter filled my mind as I ran towards my next victim. Only one of us will live, and its going to be me! Screaming a war cry I charged. Being free of my chains I was much faster. Taking the girls life with a simple, blood stab wound to her back, right through her heart. Blood spilled out of her mouth as she fell bring my sword with her. I pulled it out once more, blood dripping off the tip like ice melting in the morning sun.

Ignoring what was going on around me, I watched the blood drip. It was so beautiful. I wanted to see more.

Looking around I watched as trap doors had been set. Orange and black beast lunging out and taking girls who were close enough, chewing on them with there powerful teeth. There was also a large man swinging a large axe around in his head, slashing at who ever came his way.

I watched the Axe memorized at the blood that came flying off of it.

"I must get that axe." I thought to my self, "Or I wont have anymore fun!"

Creeping towards the giant man, I watched his movement. He was slow with all his black armer on. "How am I going to beat him?" A normal thought went through my mind, causing me to stop. I shook my head, what was happening to me? Killing innocent girls?

The armed man caught sight of me and aimed me as his next target. I smiled, all normal thoughts pushed aside. I wanted to see his blood.

"Patients." I whispered as the crowd cheered for me or the man in armer.

There was no break in his armer anywhere, no where I could hit. He lunched at me, and I rolled to the left. No opening behind him to hit either.

I frowned, this was going to be interesting. He lunged at me again, only this time I rolled to the right, last minute. Waiting to see his reaction.

He was slow, most likely the armer, his breathing was hard, and fast. He was hot.

"If I keep dodging him, I'll be able to tire him out." I thought as a smile crept over my face. My laughter filled the air as the crowd sat on the end of their seats holding there breath; not wanting to miss a thing.

Three or Four more strikes and he was tiring out. He didn't have much in him and I loved it. I teased and taunted him the whole way. Doing backflips and summersaults out of his reach, making him chase me. The irritation was well written in his movements as he became desperate to get a hit on me.

Three girls were left, they had banded together and came towards me and the black armored monster. They attacked him first, big mistake. I stepped back as I watched the biggest out of the girls Jump on his back. The smell of flesh burning was intoxicating, as she screamed out in pain. The black armer had become hot under the suns heat. Its a wonder that he man inside was still alive.

He collapsed and the other two girls tried to pull of as much armer as they could, trying to stab anywhere with there small daggers, and spears.

I quietly walked up to them and aimed my sward. It was just above the girls shoulder if they both would sit up. Softly kicked sand on the backs of there legs, they did just that, sat up and looked at me. I quickly slashed my blade right clean through. There bodies fell onto the armored man who struggled to get up while there heads rolled onto the blood socked sad. The looks of horror still rested on there face.

"They should have been paying attention." I laughed to my self. The girl that was stuck under the man, screamed out in horror as one of the heads faced her.

"NOOOOO!" She struggled to get free, only to fail horribly. I stood on the armed man and placed my sword right above her head.

"Thanks for the hand." I smiled at her as I let gravity do its thing. I watched my sword sink into her flesh and crack through her skull. It was music to my ears as the crowd cheered and roared.

"Time to finish you off good sir." I bowed to no one particular. Struggling with the mans helmet I finally pulled it off. The man had stopped moving awhile ago, so when the helmet came off, I already knew. The man had died due to the heat. I watched this kind of thing happen all the time back home... Home.

The thought of Cato ran through my mind. My brother, my sweet, sweet brother. Tears filled my eyes as I realized the monster I have become.

I blocked out the sound of the speaker; announcing my victory, and the crowd that chanted my name: Cecilia.

I sunk down into the blood filled sand, and watched as my tears fell. I did all of this, I killed people today just to see the blood soaked sand.