Status: In Progress ;)

Watch Your Back

Montgomery

Glenn's POV:

As the sun was rising, Rick began to wake up.

"Hey, you can go on I'll take watch."

I nodded and walked back over to where the others were sleeping. I walked over to Maggie and laid down next to her. I might as well get some sleep while I have the chance, right?
I slid my arm around her waist. She stirred a bit, but went back to calmly sleeping, chest rising and dropping at an even pace. I drifted off.

Maggie's POV:

I woke up to a familiar weight on my hips. I looked over and saw Glenn in a deep sleep. The others were already up and awake, getting their stuff together. Glenn should probably wake up. I leaned closer to his lips and closed the gap between. I let my lips linger there for a couple seconds until he started to wake up. He opened his eyes and stared back at my with a wide smile.

"Good morning, sunshine."

"Sleep well Glenn?"

"Sleep is always good with you."

"Gaaaaggg"

Glenn looked up at Tara and glared. She returned it and then spoke again.

"You guys should probably start getting your stuff together, we're leaving in a bit."

I got up to stretch as Glenn got our stuff.

*****

We were on the road once again. Looking at the suns position in the sky I could tell it was around noon. Thats when we came across a welcome sign. Montgomery. Not much longer from here. Thats when I began to think. What would be left of D.C.? Would anyone be there? Or would we be too late. The last thing we need is a herd of walkers chasing us out like they did back at the farm. Eugene better be pretty damn sure of himself. If this is another lost cause, he'd be dealing with me.

When we entered the city, it wasnt swarmed too badly. Good sign. But it was getting dark.

"We should find someplace here to sleep tonight, get moving at dawn tomorrow." Rick said, sweat lining his brow.

As I was holding Judith, she began to whine a little. She was getting hungry, I need to find her something to hold her off while we're here. Looking around I saw an old grocery store, slightly dilapidated. That would be great. We can sleep there and I can find something for Judith.

"How bout that old grocery store over there?"

Rick looked over, seeing it had about a dozen walkers surrounding the entrance.

"We can check it out." Rick said, not sounding so sure about the idea.

"I'll stay back and watch Judith." Carol said.

Rick , Glenn, Rosita, Abraham, Sasha, Daryl, Michonne, Noah, and I started walking off in the direction of the building.

"Im going with you guys."

Rick turned to face Carl.

" I need you to stay with Carol, Tara, and Eugene. You need to help with Judith.

"No way in hell!"

"Carl please."

It was more of a demand than a question. Carl was a little pissed, but stayed behind.

The store was about a quarter a mile away. When we got close enough to the entrance, I noticed that the door on the left was opened slightly. It wasnt much, but it was enough for a walker to slip through. Hopefully not too many did though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it!. o3o