Status: DISCONTINUED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Master of Sardonic Wit

11.

December 10 1994

"I got the release signed for January 1, I just need a name and we can start printing," James said to his group of friends that consisted out of Steve, Galus (who James had found out is also named James) and several of their other friends that they met during class. It had never surprised James how much friends Steve really had, as he was quite known amongst the people on the campus.

"I thought of one last night, um, I don't know, um, mindless, um, was it mind...senseless...mindless.." Galus muttered, "uh, whatever, you know what I'm talking about."

"Actually, no," James answered, looking amused at Galus who sighed and just laid back down in the grass.

"Well, how about mindless sen, uh, mindless indulgence, mindless senseless indul, oh I give up!" Galus said again, throwing his arms up in the air and looking hopefully at James who frowned and looked deep in thoughts.

"Mindless ... Indulgence," James muttered, "it's missing something."

“Well what sort of indulgences do you have?” Vanessa asked, she was the only girl in the group next to Jennifer and they liked it just the way it was. Jennifer was a technological wonder in the eyes of James, who kept his old fashioned models instead of getting new ones every month or so like her, also, she was better skilled at making things on the computer and keeping them like websites and all those things that James rather avoided.

Vanessa was probably the strangest in the group in James' opinion but he sort of grew attached to her over the weeks, her blond hair was on the verge of being destroyed if she died it once more but she clearly didn't mind, she was also pretty close to Steve and recently Kayleigh too.

“How about self-indulgence?” Steve said, raising an eyebrow at James who's head shot up and started nodding feverishly.

“Mindless Self-Indulgence,” James said, spreading his arms wide open in the air as he said it, “I like it!”

“Hey James, aren't you late for your class?” Galus asked, suddenly sitting up again and looking at James who frowned and looked at his watch.

“It's Mr.Dadam's hour,” he shrugged.

“And that makes a difference why?” Jennifer asked, looking at James who smirked.

“I don't like that guy.”

“Shouldn't you just go to his class then?”

“I'll probably get kicked out anyway, the class started almost 20 minutes ago.”

“Oh, forget about it then,” Jennifer shrugged and went back to her magazine on photoshop, a program James would love to be able to control but every time he tried he failed so he just let Jennifer to everything for him and paying her back for it when she needed his help during other classes he was better in.

“Alright, so now we got the title, now all we need is the cover,” James said, checking of the name of the checklist he had made earlier.

“I can try making something,” Jennifer said, looking up at James, “in photoshop.”

“Alright,” James nodded, writing it down again, “I think that's all, thanks guys!” James smiled at the group who was enjoying the outside air even though it was almost freezing, even James had switched his trademark shirt and pants to a somewhat warmer outfit consisting out of two sweaters, a pair of ear muffins and gloves and of course some pants of a thicker fabric so he'd be warm enough.

Where he had found those ear muffins however was still unknown to James, the fact that they were baby pink alone made him groan but as long as his ears were warm, he didn't really mind, and neither did the people around him who had just looked at him shocked at first but then grew used to them. They probably belonged to Chantal, who James hadn't seen in a few days so he couldn't know for sure, he was sure though that she wouldn't mind him wearing her ear muffins.

Kayleigh however, had found it all rather humorous and kept laughing whenever she saw James enter the apartment or leave it while wearing them, claiming that he looked ever more girly with those on.

“Tell me again, where did you find those two lovely pink 'I am as gay as you can find' ear muffins?” Steve smirked, picking the ear muffins from James' ears who groaned and tried to take them back without moving from his spot.

“From your closet, now give those back,” James smirked.

“I think I'll keep them a bit longer,” Steve nodded, putting the ear muffins on and smiling at James.

“Dude, baby pink is so not your color.”

January 1 1995

“Happy New Year motherfuckers!” James yelled, waving a bottle of champagne around and giggling on a high pitched tone before Chantal pulled him down by his tie and gave him another sloppy kiss.

“I got a record out and you can't do anything about it! Hah!” James giggled and took another swig of the bottle he was holding.

Kayleigh and Steve had disappeared off to their room already, claiming they were worn out and had drank a bit too much while Chantal and James drank the last two bottles of champagne to celebrate the new year.

“You know, seeing you laying down on this couch like that makes me think things,” James smirked, “let's forget the fact that I'm clearly laying on top of you and you're slowly wrapping your legs around me.”

“Shut up and kiss me,” Chantal muttered, putting her own bottles of champagne on the table and pulling James closer to her.

“Mmm, I like your way of celebrating this new year,” James muttered against Chantal's lips, slurring his words as he was too intoxicated to even think about his pronunciation.

“Let's continue our celebration in the bedroom,” Chantal smirked, giggling slightly and nuzzling her face into James' neck who quickly shot up and pulled her with him.

However, walking over to the bedroom while Chantal was walking in front of him and his arms were around her waist proved to be more difficult than James thought. Giving her neck butterfly kisses and trying to keep walking on a straight line, James giggled and cursed as he hit his foot against one of the dressers standing in the hallway.

“Oh fuck that hurt!” James winced, letting Chantal go and grabbing his foot, jumping up and down and looking hurt as he tried to make his way down to his room nevertheless.

“James shut up, next thing you know you're waking up Kayleigh,” Chantal whispered, giggling between her words and looking at James jumping up and down, cursing under his breath.

“Yeah, one minute,” James winced, jumping up and down before falling down on his face, “okay, I didn't plan that.”

“Get up,” Chantal giggled, gesturing with her hands for James to get up instead of laying on the floor and groaning, cursing under his breath and trying to get up but falling backwards every time.

“I can't get up!” James giggled himself, holding his hand to his forehead and falling backwards again.

Chantal giggled and tried to help James up herself by pulling him up but fell forward and tackled him herself as she wasn't able to pull him up.

“Hey, what's going on here?!” Kayleigh walked out of her room, her hair slightly in a mess as she had just rolled out of bed at the sound of two people cursing and giggling in the hallway.

“We were just about to go to bed but we can't get up!” James giggled, wrapping his arms around Chantal's waist and kissing her neck.

“Yeah, I don't give a fuck” Kayleigh muttered, running a hand through her hair and then just retreating back into her room, saying something to Steve about two drunk idiots.

“I like that girl,” James grinned before giggling again, “Chantal? Dude, did you fall asleep on me?”

Poking Chantal, James sighed and realized that she indeed fell asleep on him. Laying his head back down on the carpeted floor of the hallway, closing his eyes.

“James?”

Blinking, James groaned and quickly closed his eyes and tried to turn around but felt that Chantal was still laying on top of him.

“Go away, this is my pink tour bus! Get your own!”

Hearing the person who was talking to him sigh, James had to smile a little and open his eyes again to see which person he was annoying. Too bad that the splitting headache made him groan again and quickly close them again.

“That'll teach you from drinking so much champagne,” the person said, “happy new year by the way.”

“I hate you,” James muttered, looking at the person between squinted eyes.

“I hate you too, now get up, you're in the middle of the hallway.”

“But it smells good here!” James whined.

“That's just Steve making pancakes,” Kayleigh said a little more quiet so that James could finally realize who was talking to him.

“I like pancakes,” James muttered, sitting up and trying not to wake up Chantal who was still sleeping.

“And I like you in your bed and not in my way,” Kayleigh smiled at James who stood up and stumbled backwards, quickly holding the wall for support.

“Steve honey!” James yelled, stumbling towards the kitchen with a big grin and Kayleigh following him chuckling.

“Steve darling!” James swung his arms around Steve and nuzzled his neck, shocking Steve who quickly got his pan from the fire and looked at James being all affectionate.

“I think he's still a bit wasted,” Kayleigh winced, wrapping her robe around her frame and looking at Steve who looked back at her with wide eyes.

“Geez, you think??”