What I Did for Love

Arriving in Dortmund

Ana breathed in the Dortmund air, she couldn't believe that she was finally here. She had been looking forward to this for months. Ana glanced at her Boyfriend of three years, she smiled as she watched him collect their belongings, she really did love him. There was nothing she wouldn't do for Robert.

Ana's attention was quickly torn away from Robert when, a rude blonde girl barged into her, she kept walking like it was no big deal.

" Would saying sorry kill you?" she called out to the blonde girl, the girl looked back at her and ranted something in German. Ana's German was rusty but even she could guess that what the blonde girl had said wasn't very nice.

" I am sorry about my girlfriend" a soft Voice said, from behind her.

Ana turned around looked into the face of Marco Reus, she wasn't a big fan of football, but even she knew who he was. Ana was speechless, she stared at Marco longer than she should have. He was even more good looking in the flesh.

" Its fine" Ana finally said, smiling at Marco.

" No she was rude, don't excuse her behavior" Marco said, admiring the girl that stood in front of him. She wasn't his usual type, but she was really pretty with her brown hair and green eyes.

" Really am fine, you should go before she comes back" Ana said.

Marco nodded, he pulled his hat a little over his face, so nobody would realize it was him. " It was nice meeting you" he said, before he headed off in the same direction his rude girlfriend went.

" Who were you were talking to?" Robert asked, handing Ana her suitcase.

" You wouldn't believe me if I told you" Ana said, a little smirk on her face.

" Try me" Robert fired back as they made their way out of the airportl.

" It was Marco Reus" Ana squealed like a ridiculous fan girl.

" Who is Marco Reus? Robert asked, he had never heard of the guy.

Ana rolled her eyes at her boyfriend, he was more of a rugby fan than a football one.

" He plays for Dortmund" Ana said.

" The football team?" Robert asked.

" Yup" she said, hailing down a taxi to take them to their hotel room.

" What did he want?" Robert asked, a little jealousy showing, he was aware that he was punching above his weight with Ana, his friends had told him so over the years.

" He was apologizing for his rude girlfriend" Ana replied.

Robert relaxed slightly at the mention of the footballers girlfriend.

" What did she do?" he asked.

" It doesn't matter, enough about them, we are here to enjoy our holiday" Ana said, leaning up to give Robert a quick kiss, before she climbed into the waiting taxi.

***

Marco followed his girlfriend into their house, he was getting sick and tired of having to apologize for Carolin. She was always so rude, she had never always been like that. She was sweet when they had first started dating, but the years of being a Wag had turned Carolin into a royal bitch.

" You didn't have to be so rude" Marco said again, he had also said it to her in the car, but Carolin had just ignored him.

" Relax Marco, she was only a tourist" Carolin said, waving him off, Marco was starting to annoy her, with his good intentions. Not everyone could be nice and humble like him all the time.

" It doesn't matter Caro, you don't have to be mean just for the sake of being mean" Marco sighed.

" You apologized so what is the big deal? Carolin asked.

" I shouldn't have to apologize" Marco fired back.

Carolin could see Marco was really angry with her this time, and she knew the only thing she could get him to shut up was sex, she walked over to him and played with his shirt button.

" Let me make it up to you" she said, undoing his shirt button.

Marco pushed his girlfriend's hand away from his shirt " Not this time Caro" he said, before storming out the house. He was getting sick of her behavior, she always seemed to think Sex would make everything right, not this time.

***

Ana flopped down onto the bed, she couldn't believe how much effort Robert had gone to. Which meant he probably had something big planned.

" Ana don't you dare fall asleep, we have dinner reservations tonight" Robert said.

Ana looked over at her boyfriend and groaned, they only had been in Dortmund in a couple hours and already Robert wanted to go out.

" Do we have to go out tonight?" she asked.

" Yes this was the only night I could get the table" Robert said, pulling his girlfriend up from the bed.

" Robert you do realize we are here for another month" Ana said, wrapping her arms around Roberts neck.

" I do, but this Restaurant is quite popular and it takes weeks to get a table" Robert said.

" Okay fine, but can I have at least one hour sleep? she asked, pouting a little it always worked on Robert.

" Fine one hour" Robert agreed leaning down to kiss Ana.

" Thank you" Ana said in between kisses, she pulled him closer, sleep forgotten about.

" Change of plan" she said grinning at him, pulling him down on the bed on top of her.

" I like this plan" Robert chuckled, before Ana pulled him in for another kiss.

***
Marco arrived back home to find Carolin all dressed up and waiting for him, he ignored her and took his coat off, he was still annoyed with her.

" Have you forgotten something?" Carolin asked.

" No I don't think so" Marco replied.

" It's our anniversary, we have dinner plans tonight" Carolin said. upset that he had forgotten about their anniversary.

" I am really not in the mood to celebrate tonight" Marco spat back.

" Well you better get in the mood, we are going out" Carolin hissed at him.

Marco knew better than to argue with Carolin so nodded his head and went upstairs to get ready. He had a bad feeling about tonight, he could sense something was about to go wrong for them. Marco wasn't sure if he cared, he and Carolin were coming to the end, both of them could feel it. Just nobody had the guts to officially end it, so they would keep going round in circles until someone had enough, and he knew he was reaching that point soon.

***

Ana was just putting the finishes touches to her make up, when Robert walked up behind her, he smiled down at her.

" You look beautiful Ana" he said, leaning down to kiss her head.

" You don't look bad yourself" she said, smiling at him in the mirror.

" Are you nearly done?" Robert asked, he was nervous this was a big night for him, and he didn't want anything to go wrong.

" Just adding some lip gloss and that is me done" Ana said, wondering what Robert was up to, he was looking rather shifty.

Once Ana was finished she stood up, she grabbed her purse from the bed and followed Robert out the room, he placed her jacket around her.

" Ready?" he asked, linking his hand with hers.

" Yes, lets go" Ana giggled, she was excited but she didn't know why. Maybe it was just being in a new City with Robert, She was going to enjoy tonight very much.