What I Did for Love

You Have A Girlfriend

Ana quietly climbed out of bed, she looked back at Marco, he was still sleeping. Grabbing her clothes, she got dressed quickly. Last night shouldn't have happened, he had a girlfriend this was so bad. Moving quietly around the room looking for her shoes, she heard Marco stir, Ana froze on the spot as she looked back at Marco. He mumbled something then turned on his side and went back to sleep. Ana breathe a sigh of relief as she finally spotted her shoes, coat and Purse.

Looking back at a sleeping Marco, she felt bad for leaving like this, but it was for the best. Ana opened the bedroom door pausing as she heard movement from the bed, she hoped that he wouldn't wake up now or her little walk of shame would be so awkward. Ana managed to get out of the room, she closed the door behind her and hurried downstairs. She pulled her phone out to call a Taxi to take a home, all she would have time for is a hot shower then she would have to be at work.

Letting herself out of Marco's house, she walked down his path and waited around for the taxi, as she waited, Memories from last night came flooding back. She had been a little too keen, she cringed at how she began putty in Marco's hands. This was so bad they couldn't laugh this off, sleeping with Marco was going to change everything, this was just so wrong. Ana pulled her phone out to send her Therapist a message, she needed to talk to someone, before this guilt ate away at her.

***
Ana arrived at work, to find Neil in her office with a strong coffee, he handed it to her, knowing she would needed it.

" Thank you" she said quietly, Ana knew she looked crap but Neil said nothing.

Neil looked down at Ana's diary " You don't have any appointments till this afternoon" he said.

Ana was glad, it would give her a little time to recover from this hangover.

" So what time did you get home?" Neil asked,taking in Ana's appearance she looked awful.

" About two hours ago" Ana Muttered into her coffee.

Neil knew it , after the way Marco and Ana had been acting last night, there was only one possible outcome.

" So how was he?" Neil asked, making Ana choke on her coffee.

" How do you know I was with Marco?" Ana spluttered Nervously.

" It was so obvious Ana" Neil replied.

" Oh god, everyone is going to find out" Ana moaned, as she covered her face with her hands.

" Not everyone, just Myself and Mats, we kinda made a bet last night" Neil chirped cheerfully.

Ana glared at him, but couldn't stay angry with him for long, it wasn't his fault that she fell into Marco's bed last night.

" Hold my calls till lunch, I am not in the mood to talk to anyone" she said to Neil.

" Okay anything else?" Neil asked.

" Don't mention this to anyone" she warned.

" I won't, so how does it feel to be a notch on Marco's bedpost" Neil asked, grinning playfully at Ana.

Ana groaned, Neil was finding her situation Hilarious, It wasn't funny at all, Marco should have put a stop to them before it got out of hand, he was the one with the girlfriend.

" It isn't funny Neil" she said sternly.

Neil just laughed harder, Ana must be the only girl that Marco has been with that hasn't swooned over him the next morning.

" It is a little" Neil replied.

Ana opened her mouth then closed it, there was no point arguing about it with Neil.

The phone rang, Ana looked at like it was poisonous, Neil chuckled as he answered the phone.

" Hello Marco" he said loudly, making Ana groan, she didn't want to talk to Marco just yet.

" Is Ana around?" Neil asked a little too cheerfully, glancing at Ana with an evil look in his eyes.

Ana mouthed no she wasn't ready to talk to Marco just yet. She thought Neil was going to betray her, but was relieved when he told Marco that she was in a meeting and he would get Ana to call him back.

" You owe me" Neil said, as soon as he placed the phone back on the hook.

" Did he sound okay?" she asked, a little worried.

" So you do care" Neil shot back at her.

Ana rolled her eyes and ignored his comment as she prepared her work schedule for today.

" He sounded fine" Neil said, before he left her office.

Ana wasn't sure how to feel about that, relieved or annoyed, if someone had just walked out on her, she would not sound just fine, she would be mad.

Ana sighed in disgust as she got on with her work, she was glad she got Neil to hold her calls, she wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone at all today.

***

Marco could feel Mats staring at him, he obviously wanted to know about last night. Mats could keep wanting, Marco wasn't in the sharing mood.

" Marco what are you doing?" Klopp screamed at his distracted player, as Marco messed up another pass.

Marco looked at his coach " What does it look like am doing" He spat sarcastically, which only just riled Klopp up even more.

" Laps around the pitch twenty times Now" klopp yelled at Marco.

Marco went to argue but Mats told him to shut up and get on with it.

Marco flung his hands up in the air and began his laps around the pitch. His every thought was on last night, he ran faster as he remembered Ana's moans, she had enjoyed last night as much as he did, he knew she did. Yet she sneaked out his house without saying goodbye like she was a stranger, he was beyond angry with her. He had thought at least they could act like adults about last night, but he was wrong, Ana was acting childish.

Marco finally completed his laps, when he was told to hit the showers by his coach. Mats followed him, he could sense that there was something bothering Marco.

Marco finally snapped when he noticed Mats following him " Why are you following me?" he spat, as they walked into the locker room.

" I just want to make sure, you are okay" Mats said, when Marco had left with Ana last night, he had been happy and now he looked so miserable.

" I am good, now leave me alone" Marco snapped at his Captain.

" No you aren't" Mat said quietly.

" I just don't want to talk about it okay" Marco hissed.

" Is this about Ana?" Mats asked.

Marco laughed coldly, as he took his shirt off.

" Why would it be about Ana, we are just friends" Marco said, clearly frustrated with how things had gone.

Mats narrowed his eyes at Marco, he didn't like the way he was speaking to him, but he would wave it off, as he could see Marco was hurt about something.

" Did you sleep with her?" Mats asked.

Marco stopped what he was doing and looked at Mats but said nothing.

" I will take that as a yes" Mats said, he wasn't surprised about the latest development,he could have seen it coming a mile off.

" It was only a one night stand" Marco muttered angrily.

" Now you know that isn't true" Mats said, trying to calm Marco down.

" Ana sneaked out before I even woke up" Marco blurted out.

" Oh" was all Mats could say.

Marco yanked a towel out of his locker and headed for the showers.

" Marco" Mats called out.

Marco stopped and looked back at him " What?" he asked.

" Don't give up on her, she likes you I know she does" Mats said.

" Thanks for the talk, but you are wrong, she wouldn't have sneaked out if she liked me" Marco spat coldly, then turned and headed for his long hot shower.

Mats shook his head, his friend was such a hot head, he quickly pulled his phone out and quickly sent Ana a Message, they had to be a reason behind her behavior.

***
Ana rubbed her head as she listened to her staff talking among themselves, the meeting was nearly over, which meant Ana could go home and catch up on some much needed sleep.

A couple minutes and Ana dismissed everyone then returned to her office, to send Harry another update. Once she was done, she got ready to go home, she pulled her phone out her bag, to check for messages. She had so many missed calls from Marco. She quickly pushed her guilt away as she read Mats message saying he would like to talk to her. Marco must have told him. Shaking her head, she put her phone back in her bag and headed for the door, stopping in her tracks when she saw Marco standing there and he didn't look very happy.

" I am sorry Ana, but he just barged past me" Neil said.

" Neil, It's okay, I will deal with this, you can go home" Ana said, without taking her eyes off Marco.

Once Neil left, Marco closed her office door, he didn't want anyone hearing this conversation.

" Marco about last night...." Ana trailed off as Marco stared coldly at her.

" It was Mistake" Marco finished for her.

" I wasn't going to say that" she replied.

" No so why did you sneak out?" Marco yelled at her.

" You know the answer to that" she spat back at him.

" No I don't" Marco said, taking a step closer to Ana.

Ana couldn't believe he was being so stupid " You have a girlfriend for one" she snapped at him.

" I don't want to be with her" Marco yelled back.

Ana rubbed her head, she was too tired to deal with all this drama today.

" Then you should end it with her" Ana replied, she moved to go past Marco, but he was too quick for her and blocked her path.

Marco moved closer to Ana " I know you like me, you just don't want to admit it" he said.

Ana didn't say anything, Marco was right, she did like him but Ana wasn't sure if she was ready to trust another man again after what Robert had done.

" Ana Please say something" Marco pleaded.

Ana stared at him trying to find the words to say to him, she wasn't sure what she wanted from him.

" Marco we have nothing to say to each other, not while you still have a girlfriend" she finally said.

" I will end things with her" Marco replied, willing to do anything so that Ana would give him a chance.

" Make sure that is what you really want" Ana said, she didn't like Emma but that didn't make what they done last night right. She felt like a massive hypocrite.

" I've been wanting to break up with her for a while" Marco sighed.

" Well until you do, we are done here" Ana said, walking out of her office, Marco quickly followed her.

" Ana" He called out.

Ana glanced back at him, the look on his face, made her want to go and hug him.

" Once I break up with Emma, then will we talk?" Marco asked.

" Yes" Ana agreed.

Marco smiled at Ana, a little hope grew inside him that maybe everything will fall into place.

" Now if you are done, I am going home Marco" Ana said.

" I will see you in a couple of days" Marco promised, then headed out.

Ana watched Marco walk away from her, she really did like him, he was the first man to make her smile again, she was just scared that it could go badly wrong.