What I Did for Love

I am Yours

" Marco, I am sorry" Mario repeated for the third time in five minutes, he felt bad for what he had just done, but how was he to know that Ana was the girl Marco had like, Marco hadn't said anything to him about her.

Marco glanced back at Mario, he was still annoyed at him for sending Ana, away, but he wouldn't fall out with him over it. Marco could easily fix this.

" It's fine Mario, I am sure Ana will laugh this off, when I tell her what a Idiot you are" Marco replied.

" You know this is partly your fault as well" Mario fired back.

Marco kept looking for his car keys, he was always losing them, he was sure he had put them on the Kitchen Table, but they weren't there.

" How is this my fault?" Marco asked, as he lifted up his shirt, then chucked it back down on the floor, when he saw his keys weren't under it.

" You didn't tell me about Ana, how was I to know what she was to you" Mario replied.

" I didn't tell you about Ana, because I am not sure what we are" Marco admitted.

Mario heard the frustration in Marco's voice, it was Clear that Ana wasn't like the rest of Marco's previous girlfriends.

" Wow you really have it bad for her don't you?" Mario pointed out.

" I am not talking about this with you" Marco said, looking up at Mario, who would rather just stand and watch Marco hunt for his keys, than help him.

" Why not, you used to tell me everything" Mario said.

" That was before you left for Bayern" Marco retorted.

"Ouch that Hurt" Mario mocked.

Marco finally spotted his keys, he turned back to Mario. " Will you be okay on your own for an Hour or two?" he asked.

Mario grinned at Marco " You are leaving me?" He said, faking annoyance.

" Shut up Idiot" Marco mumbled, before he headed to the door.

Mario followed him " I expect you back at Midnight Princess" Mario joked, earning himself a playful glare.

" I will be back soon, try not to break anything" Marco replied.

Mario watched him go, then turned back to the mess in front of him, he shook his head, how could he break anything in this mess.

***

" Mum, I am fine just a little tried" Ana said, trying to get her mum to stop worrying so much.

" I just worry about you Ana" Deana replied.

" I know you do, but there is no need, I am fine" Ana sighed, she had spent the last half an hour on the phone trying to soothe her concerned parents.

" How is Marco?" Henry asked, sensing his daughter was getting annoyed with their constant questions about her mental state.

" He is good, busy with football" Ana replied.

" Have you been spending time with him?" Deana asked, she just wanted her daughter to be happy.

" Yes a little" Ana said, not giving anything away.

" How is work?" Henry asked, he was good at changing the subject, something Ana was glad about, she didn't really want to talk about Marco with her parents just yet.

" Work is good, I am really enjoying it" Ana gushed.

" So happy it's working out for you Ana" Deana said, sounding relieved, she had worried about Ana being in Dortmund by herself, but it seemed that she had nothing to worry about. Ana sounded Happy.

" There is a reason why we called" Henry said, getting serious. He didn't want to ask Ana, but he had made a promise to Robert's parents that he would try and get Ana back home for Robert's Anniversary.

Ana didn't like where this was going, but she decided she would hear her parents out.

" Robert's parents would like you to attend a Ceremony to mark the first year since he died" Henry said gently,he knew it was a big ask.

" I can't" Ana said weakly, she was making progress and if she went back, she was scared that it would undo everything she had worked at.

" Just think about it Ana" Deana said.

" Why they didn't think about me, when their son was cheating on me" Ana huffed.

" You have six months to think about it,don't make the decision yet" Henry said, hoping Ana would agree to come back even if it was only just for a few days.

" I am not promising anything" Ana muttered angrily, she was a bit annoyed that Robert's parents were getting her parents to ask her, like that would make her come back.

Ana's intercom buzzed, she walked over to it and her heart jumped a little when she saw Marco standing there. Without thinking she buzzed him in.

" I have to go, I have a Visitor" Ana said to her parents.

" Is it Marco?" Deana asked Curiously.

" Goodbye Mother" Ana replied laughing, then hung up.

Ana looked at herself in the mirror, She looked tired and pale. Ana had just arrived home, when her parents had called, so she hadn't had time to get changed. Marco with his perfect timing, why did he always have to show up when she didn't look her best.

***

Ana pulled her door open, and let Marco into her flat, He looked around it was the first time he had been in it. It was too girly for his taste but it was a nice apartment.

" I assume you are here to apologize on behalf of your rude friend?" Ana said.

Marco laughed lightly, he was glad to see Ana wasn't that upset about Mario rudeness.

" He isn't the brightest" Marco replied.

" I kinda got that when he slammed the door in my face" Ana chuckled.

Marco took a step closer to Ana " So you are not mad?" he asked.

Ana shook her head, it wasn't Marco's fault, but it was good that Mario was so protective of his friend.

" Why would I be mad?" she shot back.

Marco bit on his lip nervously, he was never good at talking about his feelings.

" I just thought you would be upset" Marco said quietly.

Ana shook her head, she wasn't upset about Mario, but she was a little annoyed that he hadn't called when he said he would.

" He is just being a protective friend, I am more annoyed you didn't call me" she replied.

" I am sorry about that, I just needed some space to clear my head" Marco apologized.

" I can understand that" Ana mumbled nervously.

" Did you miss me?" Marco asked, a little hint of a smile on his face.

Ana met Marco's gaze she saw the hopeful look in his eyes, Instead of answering him, she closed the distance between them and kissed him.

Marco a little surprised that Ana had made the first move, took a little longer to respond to Ana's kiss, but he soon quickly responded.

Ana could sense Marco was wanting more, so pulled away, she saw the disappointment in his eyes.

" We have to take this slow" she said, once her breathing returned to normal.

" But we have already slept together" Marco pointed out, his infamous crooked smile appeared on his face.

" I know, but I don't want to jump in too quickly and then we burn out just as fast" Ana replied.

Marco brushed some hair away from Ana's face, he stared down at her he was willing do anything for her. Marco cupped her face " I am willing to go at your pace, if it means you will be my girlfriend" he said.

Ana smiled up at him " I am yours" she replied, before she pulled him in for a kiss.

***

Ana smiled as she cuddled up to Marco as they finished watching a film. She knew he had to leave soon, but she was too comfortable to move just yet.

" I was thinking about our first date" Marco said, making Ana look up at him, curious to what he had planned.

" When were you planning this?" she asked.

Marco thought about it, he had a game this weekend, so it couldn't be this weekend, but the next one he had off.

" Next weekend" Marco replied.

" I am free" Ana confirmed.

" Good, make sure you have nothing planned for the whole weekend" Marco said.

" What are you planning?" she asked.

" You will find out on the day" Marco said, he wanted to surprise Ana.

Ana pretended to pout " You can't tell me one little detail?" she asked turning his face to look at her.

" Nope" Marco said,before he swooped in for another kiss. Ana happily returned the kiss, then she pulled away from him and slapped him.

" You are distracting me" she complained.

Marco just grinned at her, before he looked down at his phone, Mario had been trying to call him. He would have to get back to him soon, otherwise he probably wouldn't have a house to go home too.

" You have to go don't you?" Ana sighed.

" I do, but you should come over tomorrow, and I will properly introduce you to my idiot friend" Marco said.

" I am working late tomorrow" Ana replied, she had a lot to catch up on.

" Can't you work from home or in this case, my house" Marco asked, pouting a little, he knew it always worked.

" Okay" Ana agreed.

" Great, so I will see you tomorrow" Marco said, getting to his feet.

" Yes you will" Ana replied, following Marco to her door.

Marco lowered his head to give Ana a quick kiss, " Night" he said then left her apartment. Ana waved him off them walked back inside, it felt rather empty now Marco had gone home. Ana smiled as she thought of him, things were looking good but she didn't dare get her hopes up. Ana knew how things could quickly change.