What I Did for Love

First Fight, First Make Up

Ana glanced around, not sure is she had found the right place. Mats was having a little get together tonight, and Marco had wanted her to come.She looked down at his scrawny handwriting. Ana was sure this was the right place.

" Is this Mats house?" Neil asked, finally catching up with her, Ana had decided to bring Neil with her, so she would have someone there that she actually knew. Ana still had to meet most of Marco's teammates properly.

" I think so" Ana spoke quietly.

Neil shot Ana a disbelieving look, " You think?" he asked, raising his eyebrow questioningly at her.

" I am sure" Ana replied, as she hurried to the door.

Neil quickly followed her " You said that two houses ago" Neil called after her.

Ana ignored him and pressed the doorbell, this was the last house on the street that they hadn't been at. This had to be Mats house.

" I hope you are right this time" Neil continued to ramble at her.

" Me too" Ana agreed, as the door opened.

" Ana you finally made it" Mario said smiling at her, Neil just glared at Mario, he still hadn't forgiven him for moving to Bayern.

" Yes I have, after going to every house door on the street" she replied, making Mario laugh loudly.

" Why didn't you just call Marco?, he would have gone to find you" Mario asked.

Ana felt a little stupid, that is what she should have done, but Marco hadn't came to her mind when she was rushing about trying to find the right house.

" Yes Ana why didn't you?" Neil smirked at Ana.

Ana rolled her eyes at Mario and Neil " Are you going let us in" she asked Mario.

Mario nodded and stepped aside, " You can put your coats in this spare room" Mario said, showing them to the room.

Ana quickly took her coat off and handed it to Neil, who put their belongings on the nearest chair.

Ana turned back to Mario, he was watching her a slight smirk on his face " You look nice tonight Ana" he said.

" Mario are you flirting with me?" Ana teased gently.

" Hell no, Marco would kill me" Mario fired back.

Ana laughed a little as she followed Mario out the room " So why are you back in Dortmund?" she asked Mario.

" Have some time off, and couldn't miss Mats little party" he chuckled.

" How long are you here for?" Ana asked.

Mario looked back at Ana, a devious glint in his eyes " Why worried I could steal you boyfriend's attention" he joked.

" Oh please, you and Marco are so over" Ana played along, much to the disgust of Neil, he really didn't like Mario.

Mario pretended to be hurt by clutching his heart, Ana shook her head and pushed him playfully.

" So where is my lovely boyfriend?" Ana asked, glancing around the room full of people.

" He was outside the last time I saw him" Mario replied, pointing to the back door.

Ana turned back to Neil " Are you coming outside with me?" she asked.

" To watch you fawn all over Marco, No thanks" Neil replied sarcastically, earning a chuckle from Mario.

" Okay, well I will be back soon" Ana said, walking to the back door.

" I doubt that" Mario called after her, she just flipped him off as she walked outside.

***
Ana looked around for Marco, it was hard to see spot him, with so many people in the back garden. Walking down the few steps, she walked over to the table, where she had spotted Mat. Finally she found Marco, he was laughing at something Erik had said. She smiled as she watched him joke around with his teammates.

" Ana you finally made it" Mats called out, Making Marco look over at her, a small smile appeared on his face.

" Yeah I kinda got lot lost" she admitted as she walked round to Marco, he pulled her down on his lap.

" Didn't Marco give you the address?" Mats asked.

" He did, but his handwriting is awful" Ana said, as she wrapped her arm around Marco.

" My handwriting is perfectly fine" Marco huffed.

Ana looked at Marco, she hadn't seen in a week, as he had been busy with Dortmund, although they had talked over the phone she still had missed him.

" If you say so" she teased, before leaning down to give him a quick kiss.

" Aw you two are so Cute" Cathy gushed.

Marco grinned at Cathy while Ana hid her face, she was still getting used to being his girlfriend. They had been together three months now, and it still felt like a dream.

" Cathy you have just embarrassed the poor girl" Mats laughed.

Ana laughed a little as she looked over at Cathy " No she hasn't I am fine" Ana lied.

" How long have you been together?" Mats asked, he had never seen Marco as happy as he was now.

Ana knew the answer, but decided to let Marco answer the question. Marco looked at Ana for help, but she just shook her head.

" Three months I think" Marco replied.

Mats looked at Ana " Did he pass?" he asked.

" Yes" Ana grinned, as Marco tightened his grip on Ana, he had just spotted an old flame and didn't want her to come over and cause trouble.

" We should go on a double date" Cathy blurted out.

Mats and Marco just looked at each other and groaned, while Ana agreed with Cathy.

Ana zoned out a little as she let Mats and Marco bicker between themselves, she was so deep in thought she hadn't heard Marco speak to her, he had to pinch her a little to get her attention.

" Sorry were you saying something?" she asked.

Mats burst out laughing " She is getting bored of you already Mate" he joked, as he stood up and went back inside to get another beer.

" Ignore my annoying boyfriend Marco" Cathy said, as she got up to follow Mats into the house.

Ana turned back to Marco, they were on their own " What did you say?" she asked, running her hand through his hair.

" I said you look beautiful tonight" Marco mumbled.

" You don't look bad yourself" Ana replied, about to kiss him, but they were interrupted by Mario.

" You two should really get a room" Mario teased as he sat down beside Marco.

" We are fine here thanks" Ana shot back, glancing around for Neil.

Mario knew who she was looking for " If You are looking for your rude friend, I ditched him back in the house, he really doesn't like me" Mario pointed out.

Ana laughed at Mario's face, he was upset because one person didn't like him.

" You are so mean" Mario complained.

Ana and Marco both chuckled at Mario, earning them a glare from him " I think I like you both better when you are not together" he ranted.

Ana shook her head and stood up, she was going to make sure Neil was okay.

" I am just going to check on Neil" she said to Marco, he nodded and pulled Ana down for a quick kiss.

" Put her down" Ana heard Mario say, she pulled away from Marco and ruffled Mario's hair as she walked back to the house.

***
Once Ana had left Mario and Marco started talking about their up coming games, they were so caught up in their conversation, they hadn't seen Marco's ex sit down at their table.

" Mario and Marco nice to see you again" Haley replied, both Mario and Marco looked at her.

" Why are you here Haley?" Mario asked, he didn't like the girl, she had used Marco to get herself some work.

" I just thought I would come and say Hi, we all grew up together after all" she replied, her blue eyes firmly on Marco.

" It didn't stop you being such a bitch did it?" Mario fired back at her.

Haley laughed coldly and turned to Marco " I see you still have him fighting your battles" she remarked.

" I don't need anyone fighting my battles" Marco spat furiously at Haley.

" Ah there is the Marco that I loved" Haley said, smirking at him.

Marco ignored her and shook his head, the last thing he wanted was to cause a scene at Mat's house.

" What do you want Haley?" he asked, knowing she was after something.

" I thought we could go to lunch, It would be fun to catch up" Haley said, ignoring Mario cursing at her.

" I don't think that will be a good idea" Marco replied.

" Why not?' she asked.

" Maybe because he has a girlfriend" Mario spat out.

Haley had saw Marco with a girl earlier and she knew that she would make a better match for Marco.

" I am not asking him to date me, It's just lunch" she said, keeping her eyes on Marco.

" I don't think so" Marco finally said, he didn't want to do anything that would upset Ana.

Mario smiled coldly at Haley, pleased to see she wasn't getting her own way.

Haley quickly wrote something on a napkin and handed it to Marco " Well if you change your mind call me" she said, then left the table.

Marco watched her go, he had a horrible feeling he hadn't seen the last of her.

***

Ana watched as Marco sat talking to a Pretty blonde, she knew it could be so innocent, but the way the blonde was looking at Marco suggested it wasn't.

" He was just talking to her" Neil said, sensing where Ana's thoughts were going.

" And also took her number" Ana mumbled, she had trouble with trust and Marco knew that, which is why she didn't think he would do anything like that. But a little doubt was creeping in.

" From what I saw, she was trying to give his number, but he pretty much chucked it away" Neil replied.

" Well there is only one way to find out" Ana said, stepping out from her hiding place and started walking in the direction of Marco.

Neil ran after her, hoping she wouldn't do anything stupid.

Ana forced a smile on her face, as she neared the table, Mario looked up at her, she didn't look best pleased, He quickly excused himself, hoping Marco would be honest with her.

Ana sat down beside Marco, he pushed his chair a little closer to hers, and wrapped his arm around her chair.

" Was wondering where you had got to" he said, pressing a soft kiss to her head.

" Who was the girl?" she blurted out.

Marco paused he had hoped she hadn't witnessed his little exchange with Haley.

" She isn't Important" Marco replied.

Ana studied Marco closely, she looked for any signs he was lying, but he seemed to be telling the truth.

" Who is she?" Ana asked again.

" An old friend" Marco lied, Ana saw the panic in Marco's eyes, she knew he had just lied to her.

Ana getting to her feet, she needed to get out of here " When you decide you want to be honest with me, come and talk to me" she hissed quietly.

Marco hand shot out to grab Ana, but she was too quick and took a step back and hurried back to Neil.

Marco went to go after her, but Mario pulled him back " Let her calm down and then go and talk to her" he said quietly.

" I am such an Idiot" Marco muttered, as he watched helplessly as Ana walked away from him.

***
Ana yawned as she got ready for bed, Neil had dropped her off an hour ago. She felt a little bad for storming out like that, she should have let Marco explain things, but she was to focused on the fact that he had lied to her. She didn't believe he was cheating on her, but that girl had obviously been more than just a friend.

Ana climbed into her bed, just as her intercom buzzed, she knew who it would be, she was undecided what to do. In the end her heart won it, she climbed out of bed and went to let Marco in.

Ana smiled weakly at Marco as she let him in, he looked upset she felt bad for storming out the way she had.

Marco closed the door, then turned to face Ana " I didn't lie to you, that girl doesn't mean anything and hasn't done for years" he said.

" Then why was she giving you her Number?" Ana asked.

Marco sighed as he leaned against the wall " She wanted to meet up for lunch, but I told her no" he said.

" I believe you" Ana finally said, She was relieved that he was being totally honest with her.

Marco walked closer to Ana, glad that she had believed him.

" Thank you" he muttered.

" Just one more question, what was she to you?" Ana asked.

Marco knew he had to be truthful with Ana " We were together but that was a long time ago, I don't feel anything for her" Marco rushed out.

" Why did you lie about it?" Ana asked.

" I don't know, I just panicked" Marco admitted.

" Please don't lie to me again" Ana pleaded.

Marco moved a little closer to Ana " I won't" he promised.

" Good now we have talked, I have to sleep" Ana said.

Marco didn't want to leave Ana on her own, in case she changed her mind and refused to believe him.

" You can stay if you want" Ana said, holding her hand out for Marco.

" I thought you needed sleep?" Marco replied, following Ana to her bedroom.

" I do, but I also Want to be with you" she said, pulling her robe off.

Marco pulled her into his arms " Are you sure you are ready for this?" he asked.

" More than sure" Ana said, closing the door and pulling Marco closer to the bed. She was more than ready and would prove that to him tonight.