What I Did for Love

You Ruin Me

Ana sipped on her wine as she listened to Robert's Nervous rambling, she had a feeling he was up to something. The place he had taken her to wasn't exactly cheap, she was touched by the effort he went to.

" You are rambling" Ana said, reaching out to hold Robert's hand.

Robert stared down at their link hands and then looked back at Ana, he could do this, this had been planned for months.

" Sorry" Robert mumbled before taking a sip of his beer, they had a lovely dinner, now he had just to work up the courage to ask Ana.

" You know I love you" Robert said.

" Yes and I love you" Ana said, trying to make Robert relax a little.

" Ana You are my world, I couldn't imagine my life without you" Robert said quickly.

Ana smiled at her boyfriend, he really was quite emotional tonight.

" Ditto" she replied, smiling at him.

Robert pulled a small box from his trouser pocket, Ana let out a little gasp, she had a feeling where this was going.

" Ana Davis will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" he asked, opening the box nervously.

Ana felt tears spring to her eyes, she had never expected this, she stared at the ring for a couple of seconds, then looked back up at Robert, he had such an hopeful look in his eyes.

" Of course I will marry you " she said.

Robert got to his feet and walked over to Ana and placed the ring on her finger.

" I love you" he said, before pressing a soft kiss to Ana's lips.

A few people clapped, they had obviously caught on to what just happened. Ana pulled away slightly embarrassed, she was never one for being the centre of attention.

" I love you too" she said, wiping the tears from her eyes. Ana couldn't wait to start planning their wedding.

***

Marco watched the couple, clearly celebrating the fact they had got engaged, they seemed so happy. There was a time he was that happy with Carolin but right now he had never been more miserable. The girl looked a little familiar to him, he watched as she looked around the room, her face was a little flush, she clearly didn't like attention all that much. Marco eyes widened a little as he realized where he had saw her, she was the airport girl. He watched as she smiled at her boyfriend, she was clearly in love, in fact most of the couples at the restaurant seemed to be in love, apart from him and Carolin.

" Marco are you listening to me?" Carolin slurred, she had drunk quite a bit tonight.

" Sorry what were you saying?" Marco asked, looking back at his annoyed girlfriend.

" See this right here is why we are heading for trouble" she yelled at him.

" Because I wasn't listening to you?" Marco asked, shaking his head at Carolin's behavior.

" You never listen to me anymore Marco, when you are with me, it feels like you are a thousand miles away from me" Carolin said, pouting a little, it had always worked for her in past arguments.

" Maybe it's because I want to be a thousand miles away from you" Marco spat spitefully, dropping all pretense that everything was okay.

" How can you say that Marco, I thought you loved me?" Carolin moaned.

" I used to love you, when you weren't such a bitch" Marco snapped at her.

" Don't you want to be with me anymore?" Carolin asked.

Marco sighed he knew that he needed to be honest, they couldn't keep acting like everything was fine, when it wasn't.

" I think we need a break" Marco finally said, he ignored Carolin's tears, they wouldn't work this time, he had enough of being in a relationship which only suited one person, Carolin.

" You can't do this" Carolin screeched at Marco.

" I just did, we are over time for you to face facts" Marco said, waving his hand for the waiter, he just wanted to pay the bill and get as far away from Carolin as he could.

" This isn't over" Carolin warned, as they waited on Waiter.

" It is for me" Marco sighed, he was done being Carolin's life support, she was on her own.

***
Ana slipped her hand into Robert's, she had never been so happy, she looked down at the ring on her left finger, she smiled as it gleamed back up at her.

" Do you want to get a Taxi or do you want to walk back to the hotel?" Robert asked.

Ana looked up at the sky, it was such a lovely evening " Lets walk back" she said.

" You might have a lot of calls tonight" Robert warned, he had let Ana's family in on his surprise two weeks ago. They had been excited, he was surprised they hadn't slipped up.

" You told everyone already?" she asked.

" Only family" Robert said, as he lead Ana across the road. Out of the corner of his eye Robert saw a car heading in their direction, he knew there wasn't time for both of them getting out of the way, so he pushed Ana gently out of danger.

Ana watched in horror as the car Stuck Robert, it was like it was happening in slow motion, she helplessly watched as he fell off the car onto the road. Everyone was shouting and moving towards Robert, yet Ana couldn't move. She was in shock, frozen to the spot while watching as people rushed around Robert.

***
Marco kept his eyes on the road, as Carolin continued to bitch at him. His mind was made up they were over and no amount of moaning from Carolin would change that.

" Please Marco, I will change" Carolin pleaded.

Marco ignored her, he wasn't letting her get her way again, they were over for good this time.

" Marco please don't break up with me" Carolin said, laying it on thick, it usually worked on him, but he seemed to be unmoved by her pleas.

" We are over Carolin time for you to accept that" Marco said, as he drove around the corner.

Carolin didn't think about her next actions, all she was thinking was she needed to get Marco to listen to her. She reached over for the steering wheel, grabbing onto it. The car was all over the place.

" What the hell are you doing?" Marco yelled at Carolin, she was going crazy.

" If I can't have you, then nobody can" she said, turning the wheel, as she did so the car bumped into a man, he hit the windscreen before falling to the ground. Carolin pulled away and sat back in her seat, she grinned at Marco, he would have to stay with her. They were in this together now.

" What the hell have you done Caro" Marco muttered, clearly shocked at what his girlfriend had just done.

" I done what needed to be done" she fired back, not showing an ounce of remorse at hitting the man that currently lay on the ground.

Marco watched as people rushed to the Injured guy, he quickly climbed out of his car, and made his way to the man, he was in a bad way. Marco glanced back at Carolin, she looked like she was enjoying this a little too much. Marco shook his head as he looked away, his gaze landing on the girl standing on the pavement, she was the girl from the restaurant, she looked in shock, he looked back at the guy then at the girl. This was bad so bad, he didn't think he could defend Carolin on this one, even if he had wanted to.

***

Ana felt someone stand beside her, she looked to her left and saw it was Marco, she wondered what he was doing here tonight. Ana shivered a little, she was wearing her coat but she was still cold, Marco quickly took his coat off and place it around her.

" Why are you here?" she asked, her green eyes fixed on her injured boyfriend.

" It was my car that hit your boyfriend" Marco said.

Ana glared at the footballer " You hit my boyfriend" she lashed out at him.

" It wasn't me, it was my girlfriend" Marco said turning Ana away from the mess in front of them, she didn't need to see that.

" If he doesn't make it, I will make your girlfriend pay" Ana seethed.

The medics had arrived and started to work on Robert, but they gave up after ten minutes, there was nothing more they could do.

" No, you need to help him" Ana yelled at them, The Medics shot her a sympathetic look and carried on placing Robert into a body bag.

" No this can't be happening" Ana cried, she was supposed to be getting Married and live happily ever after with Robert.

" I am so sorry" Marco said, making Ana look at him, his girlfriend was to blame, she was going to make sure she paid for ruining her life.

" Get away from me" Ana snarled at him, he shook his head, she was upset and someone needed to be there for her.

" You shouldn't be on your own" Marco said.

" I wasn't, I had Robert" she yelled at him, hitting him on the chest repeatedly, Marco stood and took it even though it wasn't his fault, he still felt Guilty.

Ana hit him until all the anger left her body and all she was left with was Misery. Marco hugged Ana as she cried, he would make sure Carolin paid for what she did, she just didn't wreck one life she destroyed four, there was no coming back from that.