What I Did for Love

Friends Don't Take Advantage

Ana finished her drink and demanded another from the bartender, he looked towards Marco, who just nodded his head. There was just no getting through to Ana right now, so all he could do was make sure she didn't get into too much trouble.

" Do you want to talk about what has happened today?" Marco asked.

" No I would rather get drunk" she replied, taking a sip of her drink.

" You don't want to go down this path" Marco warned.

Ana glanced at him and shrugged " Why not, it's not like I have anywhere else to go" Ana muttered.

" I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now, but drinking your problems away is not the answer" Marco said quietly.

" You are Right, you don't" Ana snapped at Marco.

Marco bite his lip to stop him snapping at Ana, he didn't have to sit here, in some rundown bar making sure she didn't get into trouble.

Ana sighed, she knew she shouldn't be snapping at Marco, he was only trying to help.

" I am sorry, I shouldn't be taking my problems out on you" she said, pushing her drink aside, she had enough.

" Apology accepted" Marco replied.

Ana got to her feet, she staggered slightly, she giggled as she realized she was a little bit drunk.

Marco stood up and placed his arm around Ana's waist " We should get you home" he said, leading Ana out the bar.

" I don't want to go home" Ana slurred, she never wanted to go back to the house she had shared with Robert, it had all been built on lies.

" Then you can come back to my hotel room" Marco said.

" Okay" Ana agreed as Marco hailed a taxi to take them to his hotel.

***
Ana sat down on the bed, she glanced around the room, it was a nice Room. She watched as Marco spoke to someone on the phone, he was speaking in German, so she couldn't understand what he was saying.

Ana pulled her own phone out and saw she had a lot of missed calls and messages. Ana decided she would deal with them later, so put her phone back in her bag.

" You know you should call your parents, let them know you are okay" Marco said, Ana hadn't realized that Marco had finished with his call.

" I will later" Ana sighed, she loved her parents but they would just suffocate her.

Ana had enough talking about her problems so switched it round to Marco's.

" Is your deranged girlfriend still pregnant?" she asked.

Marco shook his head, Carolin was never pregnant she had just said she was, so she could trap him. He had found out about her plan from one of her friends, who had enough of Carolin lies.

" She was never pregnant, she lied to me" Marco said.

" Sorry" Ana said.

" I am not, It means I am finally done with her" Marco said, he just wanted to be single for a while.

" Good for you" Ana replied.

Marco looked at the time, it was quite late and Ana looked like she was about to crash out at any second.

" Do you want to stay here tonight?" he asked.

Ana looked up at Marco " If you don't mind" she replied.

" Of course not" Marco said, Ana could have the bed he would take the couch.

" Thank you" Ana said getting to her feet and walking over to Marco a little unsteady. She wrapped her arms around him and pulled him into a hug, she felt safe in his arms.

Ana pulled away slightly, she looked up at Marco,He really was a nice guy, leaning up to give him a kiss on his cheek, he turned his head slightly, so she got his lips instead.

Marco pulled back straight away, he didn't want to give Ana the wrong Idea, plus she was drunk he wasn't one to take advantage of drunk girls.

Ana too drunk to care, leaned up and kissed Marco again, he responded for all of three seconds before he pulled away.

" Ana you don't want this" he said, gently pushing her away.

" How do you know that I don't? she hissed at him.

Marco sighed, he didn't want to hurt Ana, she was already into much pain.

" You are drunk, and you are not in the right frame of mind" Marco said.

" I am sober enough to know what I am doing" she fired back.

" Friends don't take advantage of drunk friends" Marco replied.

" Whatever" Ana snapped at him, before heading into the bathroom.

Marco knew she would thank him in the morning when she was sober.

***
Ana groaned as she woken up by her phone ringing, reaching for the unit, she felt around for her phone. Finally picking up, she answered without checking Phone ID.

" Hello" she mumbled sleepily.

" So you are alive then" Her father hissed angrily, Henry and His wife had been up all night worrying about Ana.

" Yeah sorry for rushing off like that" Ana said, sitting up, she looked over at Marco he was still asleep on the couch.

" Where are you?" Henry asked.

" I stayed with a friend" Ana replied.

" That blonde guy you were with yesterday?" Henry asked, a little concerned.

" Yes, he let me stay in his hotel room" Ana said, rubbing her head it was sore.

" I want you home Ana in the next hour and bring your friend with you" Henry snapped at her, before he hung up on her.

" Great just great" Ana muttered, as she climbed out of bed, she walked over to Marco and shook him, he groaned and turned on his side.

" Marco" she called out.

" Go away" he muttered, he hated getting woke up.

" My parents would like to meet you" Ana said, that got him sitting up.

" Why?" He asked, running his hand through his blonde hair.

" They want to thank you for taking care of me" Ana said.

" Okay fine, but I need a shower first and so do you" Marco mumbled.

" You go first" Ana said.

Marco nodded and headed towards the bathroom.

" Marco" Ana called out, she wanted to thank him for last night, most guys would take advantage, but not him.

Marco stopped and looked back at Ana, she looked a little better today.

" Thanks for not taking Advantage last night" Ana said.

"You don't have to thank me" Marco replied, he only done what any normal person would have did.

" I know but I want to" she said quietly, If she was honest she was a little embarrassed at how she acted last night.

Marco smiled at her in response then headed for his shower, he had a feeling that he and Ana would stay in touch and be great friends.

***

Henry glanced warily at the man standing beside his daughter, he was thankful that he had taken care of Ana last night.

" Dad, Mum this is Marco Reus" Ana said, hoping they would go easy on him, Marco didn't have to look after her last night.

" Hi nice to meet you both" Marco said, an awkward smile plastered on his face.

Deena broke the awkwardness and stepped towards Marco " Thank you for taking care of Ana" she said.

Henry held his hand out to Marco, which Marco quickly accepted.

" See they like you already" Ana whispered into Marco's ear.

Henry turned toward his daughter, he knew she was angry, upset and had every right to be, but Robert's parents wanted to talk with her.

" Ana you need to talk with Beth and Frank, they are desperate to talk to you" Henry said softly, he didn't want to push Ana too hard.

Ana shook her head, she didn't want to talk to the people that had been lying to her for years.

" I can't right now" Ana muttered darkly, she wasn't ready to talk to any of Robert's family.

Henry went to speak, but Deana cut him off, she wouldn't let anyone push Ana into doing something she didn't want to do.

" Are you hungry?" Deana asked Ana and Marco.

" I could do with some food" Ana said, looking at Marco who nodded his head in agreement.

" Well lets have some lunch" Deana suggested. Henry gave into his wife, but he would try and get Ana to talk to Beth and Frank later.They weren't bad people they were just doing what they son had asked.