What I Did for Love

Fresh Start

Ana had made her decision, she had told Harry Three weeks ago, she just needed to tell her family she was moving to Germany. She hoped they would support her decision, she needed a fresh start and Germany could be be that fresh start.

Ana listened as her parents joked around, they would be alright when she was gone, it wasn't like they were never going to see her again.

" Mum, Dad I have something to tell you" Ana blurted out.

Henry and Deana looked at their daughter, they were proud of how she had handled things over the last few months and just wanted the best for her.

" I have been offered a promotion at work" Ana said.

Henry beamed at Ana, he couldn't be more proud of her " Well done" he replied.

" That is great Honey" Deana said, walking towards Ana to give her a hug.

Ana pulled away and bit on her lip nervously, she had to tell them now.

" The thing is the promotion is in Germany" she said, watching the different emotions flash across her parents faces.

" Germany is too far dear" Deana said, she didn't want her daughter living in another country.

" This a great opportunity for me" Ana replied quietly.

" It sounds like you have your mind already made up" Henry replied coldly.

" Have you already said yes?" Deana asked.

" Yes, they needed an answer quick, this could be a fresh start for me" Ana said.

Henry could understand why Ana didn't want to be in New York anymore, but he hoped that she was doing this for all the right reasons.

" This isn't because of Marco is it?" Henry asked.

Ana shook her head, she hadn't thought about him, while making the decision. Ana hadn't talked to Marco in weeks, he wasn't online so much these days. She didn't want to call him and get that girl answering the phone again.

" No, I am doing this for me" Ana said.

Henry and Deana could see that Ana's mind was made up and they couldn't change it, they would just have to support her.

" Then you go and do what you have to do" Henry said, hugging his daughter.

" Thanks Dad" Ana giggled happily.

Deana walked towards her family, she stared at Ana " You will call us at least once a week" she said sternly.

" I promise" Ana vowed.

Deana stepped closer to Ana, so Henry couldn't hear " Make sure Marco treats you better than Robert" she whispered.

Ana rolled her eyes, there was nothing going on between herself and Marco.

" We are just friends" Ana protested.

Deana laughed, her daughter wasn't the best of liars. " You won't always be that way" Deana said, she had saw the affect that Marco had on Ana, even when he was in a different country.

" I didn't know you could tell the future" Ana replied sarcastically.

" I can't, I just know you very well" Deana said, giving Ana one more hug before she went to prepare dinner.

Ana watched as her mum walked away, a little saddened that she wouldn't get to talk to her every day. " Suck it up Ana" she muttered to herself, as she went upstairs to pack, she had a lot to do, in such little time.

***
Marco angrily kicked the ball into the back of net. He knew the reason for his foul mood, Marco just didn't want to admit it.

Mats walked over to Marco, he had stayed out of his way while he was barking orders at everyone, but knew he couldn't stand back and watch Marco bite everyone's head off.

" What is up with you today Marco?" Mats asked, standing a few yards away from Marco.

" Nothing" Marco muttered as he set up another free kick to take.

" Clearly there is, you have been sarky all day" Mats sighed.

Marco glared at his Captain, he had enough of all the questions.

" Can't a guy just have a off day?" Marco fired back.

" Yes but not you, you are usually a ray of sunshine around here" Mats said.

" Can you just drop it" Marco hissed back, in no mood for dissecting his feelings.

" Is this about Emma?" Mats asked, he had heard they had gone out a few times and that Marco was interested.

" No" Marco said through gritted teeth, Emma was perfect he liked her, but he just didn't know if he wanted to date her.

" If it's not about Emma, then what has got you so riled up?" Mats asked.

" Its nothing, I am just being stupid" Marco muttered under his breath.

Mats could only think of one more person that would make Marco moody and they were done months ago. Then like a switch being turned on, Mats understood why Marco was being such a moody ass, It had to be about Ana.

" Is this about green eyes?" Mats asked.

Marco hit the ball harder than he had the last time, so Mats took that as a yes.

" What happened?" Mats continued with his questions.

Marco sighed, he could see he wasn't getting rid of Mats anytime soon.

" Ana has been ignoring me" Marco spat bitterly.

" You sure about that?" Mats asked.

" I have sent her lots of messages, tried to talked to her online, but she has ignored every attempt" Marco complained.

" She might be a little busy Marco" Mats replied.

Marco shook his head, they had agreed to a date and time, and she hadn't been there.

" No remember we agreed to date and time" Marco said, Mats had been there, along with Erik.

" Maybe she is busy, she doesn't seem the type to ignore you, How could anyone ignore this face" Mats, said pinching Marco's cheeks.

" Ugh get off" Marco said, pushing Mats away.

Marco made a note never to talk about his personal life with Mats again, the guy couldn't be serious for more then Two Minutes.

***

Ana was leaving New York in a few days and she wasn't even done with packing, she looked around her messy room and gave up, Choosing to open her laptop instead. She checked and replied to a few Emails, then decided to see see if Marco was free. She couldn't wait to tell him they were going to be living in the same City. Ana felt bad for ignoring him the last three weeks, but she needed some space to think, he would understand that.

Marco wasn't online, she sighed as she checked his twitter and Instagram posts, it seemed that Dortmund were playing a lot better, so maybe he was too caught up in what his team was doing. About to sign off, she noticed Mats Hummels had just followed her, she paused for a moment before she sent him a quick message.

Mats replied instantly, he told her to go on Skype and he would talk to her there. Ana frowned at that but done what he asked, she hoped Marco was okay.

Ana smiled as Mats face popped up on her screen. " Hi Mats" she said.

" Green eyes" Mats replied.

" You know Ana is my name right?" she fired back.

" I know, but Green eyes suits you so much better" Mats said, chuckling a little.

" So whats up?" she asked.

" Have you spoken to Marco lately?" Mats asked, already knowing the answer.

" No, I have been a little busy with work, I got a promotion" Ana said proudly.

" Wow Congrats, I told Marco you wouldn't be ignoring him" Mats said.

Ana blushed a little, a thing she did whenever she got caught out.

Mats had spotted the blush and knew Ana was hiding something " You have been avoiding him?" Mats said.

" I didn't mean to, I mean I have been pretty busy, but I thought he was busy with his new girlfriend" Ana said, knowing she sound jealous.

" You mean Emma?" Mats asked, a wide grin on his face, Ana clearly didn't like the fact Marco was dating, he could so fix this, he would be cupid for Marco and Ana.

" Probably" Ana muttered.

" It's not serious, they have only been on a few dates, I don't think Marco is into her all that much" Mats replied.

" Not really any of my business, he can dates who he wants" Ana sighed.

" I find it hilarious that both you and Marco won't acknowledge the fact you like each other" Mats said.

" I do not like him" Ana protested too quickly, making Mats laugh loudly.

" You ain't fooling me green eyes" Mats chuckled.

" ugh Mats you are so annoying" Ana groaned.

" Yep, so my teammates tell me" Mats replied.

Ana laughed a little at Mats, he seemed to have an answer for everything.

" So what do you want me to do?" she asked.

" Talk to Marco, he has been a right nightmare these past few weeks" Mats said.

" I could do that, but it will have to wait for a few more days" Ana replied.

Mats frowned at Ana, he didn't have her down as a girl who played these silly games.

" Why is that?" he asked.

" My promotion is in Dortmund" Ana revealed.

" You are moving here?" Mats asked, a little surprised.

" Yes in two days time" Ana replied.

A slow grin worked its way onto Mat's face, he had a plan, the team were playing at Home this weekend. Ana would be in Dortmund by Thursday, she could come to the game to surprise Marco.

" If I get you a ticket for this weekend game, would you come?" Mats asked.

Ana thought about it for a few seconds, she would be tired, but to see the surprise on Marco's face would be worth It.

" Of course" Ana agreed.

" Great, just let me know when you are in Dortmund and I will sort you out with a ticket" Mats said yawning.

" Okay, well I let you go and get your beauty sleep"Ana teased lightly.

Mats laughed and waved at her, before he signed off, Ana smiled as she closed her laptop. She was a little more excited about her trip to Dortmund now that she knew she was going to surprise Marco.

***
Marco arrived at training the next morning, to find Mats lying on the pitch with his eyes closed. As he was Walking slowly towards his captain, he fought the urge to get water and chuck it over him.

Mats opened one eye as he spotted Marco standing over him, he smiled at him before he sat up.

" Are you okay Mats?... You look a little tired" Marco commented.

" I am good, was up late last night" Mats said smugly.

" Cathy keeping you up late again?" Marco asked.

" No it was your girlfriend" Mats fired back, enjoying the surprise filter on Marco's face.

" Why was Emma keeping you up? Marco asked, his eyes widened in annoyance.

" Not that one"" Mats sang.

" Ana" Marco said weakly, he was still a little hurt that she was ignoring him lately.

" Yup" Mats said and began to walk off, knowing Marco would follow him.

" Why were you talking to Ana?" Marco asked, angry that Ana would talk to Mats, but not him.

" You will see soon" Mats smirked at Marco.

Marco went to ask more, but Klopp called the team around him, Marco glared at Mats, before he ran to catch up with Erik. Ana was his friend, not Mats and it annoyed him that Mats was talking to her more than him.