Status: Updating as soon as possible.

Cardinal

Chapter Three

"So, I really can't go?" I asked, glaring at my ankle.

Robin nodded, "It's way too dangerous with your ankle fractured." he said before glancing at it. I noticed a pang of guilt cross his face, but he quickly covered it up.

"Yo, Rob, you should be stayin' here with her. After all, you did do it." Cyborg said, quickly loading the criminal's coordinates into his system.

I gave him a small smile. Robin automatically disagreed by shaking his head.

"I'm the leader. I need to go." he said, firm to the fact that he was going. I sighed, knowing I had lost this battle.

It had been a couple of days since I had fractured it. Exactly three. I thought that it was getting better, but apparently not. I tried standing up the day before because it didn't hurt as bad, but I fell immediately. That caused Robin to rush into my room, thinking someone kidnapped me, which obviously didn't happen or else I wouldn't be here. He informed me that I shouldn't walk for a while, and that he would have to get me crutches. I tried to refuse, but he pretty much demanded them. He has yet to get them. I hope he forgot, but knowing Robin, he didn't.

"Dude, who's gonna watch her then?" Beast Boy asked. It was his turn to receive a glare from me.

"I don't have to be 'watched', Beast Boy." I said. He laughed sheepishly.

"Yeah, Car, knowing you, you do." Robin said, pointing out my stubbornness. This time, I glared at him. Sheesh, everyone was getting one.

He looked at me with a look. It was a Robin look that meant, 'Don't argue with me.' I am pretty certain he got it from Bruce because I received that look from him a lot. Now that I noticed, I sometimes got it from Al too.

"Fine, but make it someone I like." I said, hoping he'd pick Alfred. Of course, he didn't.

"Nah, I was going to pick the Joker." Robin said sarcastically.

I gasped, "Is my dear older brother actually being sarcastic?" I widened my eyes. I received a giggle from Star, and a small chuckle from Cyborg. Beast Boy grinned, and I swear I was even worthy of a Raven smile right then.

Robin rolled his eyes, and smiled in the process, "Yes. Yes I was."

"Oh, I know!" Beast Boy exclaimed. Raven groaned, "Oh that's great." she replied in her monotone voice.

Beast Boy shook his head, "How about Speedy watches her?" he gave his opinion.

"Yep, shouldn't have even opened his mouth." Raven retorted. This time she received a glare from him. I chuckled.

Robin automatically froze, "Nope. Never going to happen. Not while I'm around." he said. I could tell he was remembering how he had flirted with me when we first met.

"Well then, luckily you will not be here." I teased. He gave me a look. I was getting a lot of looks today.

Everyone was silent while they thought. Someone would announce a Titan, and if it was a boy, Robin rushed to say no.

"Robin, I'll be fine on my own. Just go." I said, "The criminal has probably gotten away by now." I finished.

He quickly got the 'Oh Crap' look, and rushed his team out the door with no one to watch me. Success.

I immediately turned the television on, flipping through the channels. There was literally nothing on, which really didn't surprise me.

I heard footsteps behind me, but I didn't turn around. I felt the presence behind me, and quickly ducked as Kid Flash flew over my head, landing on the ground in front of me.

"Ow! How did you know I was coming?" he yelled, and I grinned.

"I was trained by Batman. You should have known not to do that. Idiot." I said, still grinning.

"Oh, see, now that I forgot." he replied.

"Why didn't you just speed up in front of me to scare me?" I questioned.

He stifled a laugh, "I really didn't even think about it." he answered, and I rolled my eyes.

"You're an idiot." I said, repositioning myself on the couch. He got up from his landing spot and sat beside me on the couch, throwing his arm behind me. I left my ankle on the coffee table in front of us, being careful not to move it too much.

"So, uh, you wanna tell me want to tell me what happened to your ankle there?" he asked, looking from me to my ankle.

"No, you're not allowed to know." I grinned. I looked down at it myself, noticing the swelling was going down. Thank god. Maybe I'd be able to walk on it sooner than I thought.

"I'm not?" questioned Kid Flash, raising an eyebrow. I shook my head.

"Okay, I'll tell you, but you have to keep it a secret." I told him, quieting my voice. He nodded, agreeing.

"We were fighting this villain whose name I cannot remember. You see, he threw this bomb towards me, but I didn't move fast enough. So the bomb exploded, causing a piece of tile from the ceiling to come crashing down on my ankle." I lied, trying not to laugh.

"Really?" he asked with a surprised look on his face. I couldn't help but laugh at his reaction.

"No, actually Robin did it," I began, hoping he wouldn't worry, "We were sparring and he did a sweep. He was just a little to rough." I said, feeling for the scar beside my lip. "Gave me this too."

"Oh, I'm surprised. I pegged you for the one that could kick his ass." he said, grinning, "I should have realized you weren't as strong as I thought you were."

I glared, "Watch it Speed Boy. I'll kick your ass before you can even flash away." I said.

He laughed as though I was kidding, "Hey, I'm not kidding." I said, my face straight. He quieted down, but then took one look at my serious face and busted up laughing.

"You watch. Some day when you piss me off, I will totally kick your ass." I said.

He rolled his eyes, turning his head toward the screen, "Right." he replied.

"Go get me tea." I demanded, staring at him. He glanced at me, raising an eyebrow.

"What?" he asked.

"You heard me. I didn't stutter, did I? Get me tea. Make sure to put some sugar in it too." I repeated, adding to my order.

"Why should I get it?" he asked, grabbing for the remote. I quickly took it, glaring at him softly.

"Uh, are you the one with the fractured ankle? Hm, no. Can you walk? Yes. Now go!" I replied.

"Jeez, now aren't we bossy." he said while getting up. I flipped him off.

"Hey now. How do you think Robin would react if I told him what you just did there?" he asked.

"He'd probably do the same, then kill you for being here." I replied, looking back the television.

In a flash, he was back. In his hands, he held a small glass of tea. I smiled, grabbing the cup from him, before taking a sip. It was burning.

"Dude, it's hot!" I yelled, glaring at him. He laughed.

"Dude! You've been hanging around Beast Boy too much." he said, showing a grin. I glared again.

"You've got a serious glaring problem. You need to get that fixed." he said, pointing to my face.

"And you've got a serious speed problem, but I'm not complaining." I said, sitting my cup of tea on the coffee table. I wasn't amused. I turned my attention back to the television. The Titans were on the news. The headline said, 'They've done it again.'

"The Titans have done it again," the news anchor started, "They have defeated another notorious criminal by the name of Cinderblock. He is now being taken to Arkham Asylum for safe keeping, in hopes that he will not escape again." she finished by saying, "Let's hear a few words from the old sidekick of Batman, and their leader, Robin."

Robin smiled toward the camera, nodding a hello to the woman. Starfire was in the background, floating and smiling. Raven was her usual self, standing away from the others. Beast boy was grinning widely, and Cyborg had this smug look on his face.

"So, Robin, how is it having your own team now?" she asked.

"Well, it's difficult at times, but we work so well together, we are pretty much family." he answered.

"Is it difficult being away from Batman and Cardinal? You were with them so long." she asked, placing the mic close to his lips.

"Yeah, it's hard, but I deal. I get letters Cardinal every week." he lied. He didn't even tell them I was here. Maybe that is the real reason he didn't want me to go with them. I continued to listen.

"That's great. Do you think you'd visit them anytime soon?" she asked, looking at him.

"Not soon, but sometime in the future I will." he said.

"What about you and Starfire? How are the two of you going along?" she asked, changing the subject.

"I'd rather not talk about us now. We've had a victory, let's talk about that." he said, avoiding the question about his relationship. I scoffed. Typical Robin.

"Oh, um, of course! How does it feel to have captured Cinderblock once again?" she asked, turning her head slightly.

"Oh, it's great!" Robin said, smiling. The woman nodded.

"Well, there you have it folks. That was Robin, leader of the Titans," she said as the camera centered on her, "Back to you Tim." she exited the screen, ans them appeared a man. I turned down the volume.

"Well, that was-" I started, but when I turned, Kid Flash was gone. That's strange. I thought. I felt something hit the back of my head, and everything instantly went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, this was written over a year ago. I'm just now putting it up, though. There is probably quite a few mistakes, but please excuse them. I tried to go over it the best I could.

Comment, subscribe, recommend. Thanks a bunch!