Coming Home to You

Six

"What do you mean you're moving in?" I asked confused at what he was talking about.

"Not entirely," Matt started to answer as he walked further into the living room toward me. "Just temporarily to help you out until the baby gets here." I sat there speechless, unsure what to say. I was confused by what he meant by moving in until the baby comes.

"What do you mean?" I continued to stare at him as he set his bag down in the chair before coming over to sit on the sofa.

"Well, you're only a couple months away from you due date, I'm guessing, and you are on strict bed rest. It's already hard for you to get up and move around, so I thought I would move in to help you out that way you don't have to get up quiet as often," he answered.

"Matt, you knew that I'm on bed rest for almost a week. Why now?"

He sighed running his hands through what little hair he has. "I didn't know exactly what bed rest truly meant at the time. I knew it was for the baby, but I didn't know that it was also for the mom, too, the risk of complications." I stared at him, speechless. He barely knew me and he already cares so much, not only for me, but for the baby as well. It was different. He looks back at me with a small smile and clap his hands together. "Now, let's get you upstairs to your bedroom."

Immediately, I started shaking my head. "I'm not going upstairs. How am I supposed to get to the kitchen for something to eat or drink?"

"That's what I'm here for," he answered fully smiling, showing off his dimples. Shaking my head once again, I covered my face with my hands. "Now, we can do this the easy way or the hard way." Removing my hands from my face, I stared at Matt trying to show him that I wasn't leaving my spot from the sofa. Shrugging his shoulders, he stood up and walked in front of the sofa, in front of me. He bent down sliding one arm under my legs and the other behind my back. Before I could ask him what he was doing, he lifted me with ease off the sofa.

I gasped wrapping one arm around his shoulders and the other one quickly gripped around my belly. Flashing me another smile with his dimples popping out, he moved around the sofa and toward the stairs. I grabbed his shirt tightly as he headed up the steps to the second floor. Walking into the master bedroom, he placed me gently on the bed and I released his shirt.

"You don't have to do this, Matt," I said folding my legs in front of me in a pretzel style.

"I know, but I want to," he said. He sat down on the bed in front of me with a smile still on his face showing off his dimples. "Now, that I have you strictly on bed rest with me here, what can I get for you?"

Sarcastically smiling back, I answered, "My stuff that you made me leave downstairs." He smile quickly fell as he turned to look at the bedroom door. He nodded his head looking back at me with a wink and a click of his tongue. He stood up from the bed holding up one finger as he made his way out of the room.

Shaking my head, I turned around a little to straighten up the pillow on the bed so that I could lean back against the headboard to get comfortable. Upon doing so, the baby started kicking again and I immediately placed my hand where they started kicking. I took a deep breath and started rubbing my belly hoping that it would calm down the baby so I could try getting comfortable again.

"You okay?" I looked up to see Matt walk into the room when my book, fruits and water in hand. I nodded my head as I leaned back against the propped up pillow and took another deep breath. "Here," Matt said, handing me the glass of water that I had downstairs. I took the glass and took a small sip before setting it on the end table. I then took my book and bowl of fruits that was eating before he can inside. "You sure, you're okay?"

"Yeah," I said nodding my head. "Just the baby's kicking." Looking back up at Matt, I saw that he was looking at my hand that was on my stomach. Setting the bowl of fruits on the bedside table beside the water, I reached for his hand and pulled it down to where it rested against my stomach where the baby was kicking. The look of shock flashed across Matt's face before shifting into astonishing.

"Wow," he whispered sitting down on the edge of the bed and a second later, a smile made its way across his face.