Coming Home to You

Seven

Matt kept true to his word and wouldn't let me up off the bed unless it was to go to the bathroom. He fixed me some more fruit when I finished the first bowl and some soup for dinner. Now he was sitting in a chair that was in the corner of the room watching TV while I was still reading my book on the bed. I had already changed into some clean pajamas seeing as the ones that I have been wearing were still downstairs and had an old quilt pulled up over my legs. The baby seemed to be happy for the time being seeing how they haven't kicked too much since I had Matt feel the kick.

A yawn slipped through my lips as I looked over toward the clock on the night stand to see that I was close the eleven o'clock. I marked my place in the book and pushed the quilt off my legs to stand up from the bed. My movements caught Matt's attention and he quickly slid to the edge of the seat waiting to see what I was doing. I gave him a quick smile before walking into the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom and closed the door behind me. I quickly did my business, washing my hands afterward and washed my face as well.

Once I was finished, I walked back into the bedroom to see that Matt hasn't moved from the edge of the chair and was still watching me. I folded up the quilt that I had been using to place at the foot of the bed before pulling the covers back and climbed in the bed. I fixed the pillows that I was using to lean back against the headboard to lay them flat so that I could lay down.

"You going to bed?" Matt asked.

I nodded my head. "It's getting late," I answered pulling the covered up over my legs and bulging stomach. Matt glanced away from me toward the clock on the nightstand before turning back toward the television to turn it off. I started to lay down when I saw Matt heading toward the door. "Where you going?" I asked.

"To the living room," he answered, seeming a little confused.

"Where are you going to sleep?" I asked with a small chuckle. "You're not planning on sleep on the sofa are you?" He stared at me for a second before shrugging his shoulders and that was I needed to know that he was going to go sleep on the sofa. "You don't have to."

"Where am I supposed to sleep then?" he asked.

I took a deep breath trying to think of a place where he would sleep and be comfortable and my eyes quickly landed on the empty spot beside me in the bed. A spot that Dylan once took up. I let out a shaky breath looking back at Matt and patted the spot beside me. "You can sleep here in the bed. It's a lot more comfortable than the sofa." Matt seemed hesitant in the doorway trying to decide. "It's okay, Matt. I trust you enough not to do anything."

Matt let out a sigh before nodded his head. "Okay, just let me get my bag and I'll be back." I nodded my head and watched him walk out of the room. I could hear him walk down the stairs to the living room to retrieve his bag and back up again. He set his bag in the chair that he was sitting in earlier and started digging through it pulling out some clothes. He excused himself again walking into the bathroom to change.

I fully laid down taking a deep breath and rubbing my belly in comfort. It would be the first time in months that I would being sharing a bed with someone that wasn't Dylan and it almost felt like I'm cheating on him. I stopped rubbing my bulging belly and hugged my arms around it. I could feel the tears burning in my eyes as I tried to fight them back, but with my hormones, I couldn't and the tears started to stream down the side of my eyes toward my hair line.

"Hey, hey, it's okay," Matt exclaimed coming out of the bathroom. He carefully help me sit up and tightly wrapped his arms around me, but not enough to hurt the baby. It wasn't until then that I realized that he wasn't wearing a shirt, but my hormones was extremely high that I couldn't stop crying. He rubbed his hands up and down my back to try to help calm me down. "Calm down. Everything's okay."

It took me a few minutes to eventually calm down and a few more minutes after that to fully stop crying. Never once did Matt stop or pull away from comforting me. After the last tear fell, I pulled away from him to wipe my eyes and face free a tears. Matt removed one arm from around me but kept the other one around me with his hand placed toward the bottom of my back. "Sorry," I apologized looking at him.

"Hormones?" he asked with a smile on his face.

"Dylan," I replied. His smile dropped and pulled me into another hug. I returned the hug resting my chin on his right shoulder. "I'm sorry," I apologized again.

"Stop apologizing, Chastity. I can't blame you for missing him." Pulling away, I nodded my head and took another deep breath looking him over. Both of his arms were covered with tattoos and he even had two large tattoos on his abdomen. Looking at his right shoulder, I could see that it was wet from where I had been crying.

"I got you wet," I said. He looked at me confused as I reached for the corner of the sheet to wipe off my tears from his shoulder. Once he saw what I meant, he told me not to worry about it. Once he made sure that I was okay, he stood up from the bed to walk around to the other side. I laid back down, shifting to get comfortable and pulled the covers back over me.

Matt threw the clothes that he had been wearing over the arm of the chair that held his bag before walking back toward the bed to pull the cover back on his side. He looked at me one last time silently asking if it was okay and I nodded my head before climbing in the bed. It took him a few minutes to get situated so that he was comfortable and then I turned off the lamp.